bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

49 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Let me know when the Italian sports leagues are going to resume because our measures to contain this virus are nothing like what S Korea, China, and Japan did. Our country as a whole has underestimated this virus from day one and continues to do so.

I agree that we probably shouldn't compare our situation to South Korea, China or Japan. However we really shouldn't compare our situation to Italy either. 

14 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

no we havent underestimated it. and again....as a matter of fact Trump was called racist for closing travel to and from China early on.  they are also completely turning people away from the southern AND northern border.  Travel from EU stopped.

the HCQ/A drug is curing 99.75% of cases.  this is media hysteria combined with Swampy "Doctors" who work for the big pharm companies and love big government grants (that Tonycpu believes lol) trying to dismiss this drug.

Multiple controlled studies, the most significant one authored by Dr. Didier Rauolt in southern France, have seen that 99.75 percent cure rate be matched over and over.

Lennox Hill Hospital in New York has even adopted the HydroxyChloroquine formula, and they have yet to lose even a single victim to COVID-19 of their more than 100 cases that they are treating. 100 for 100!!!!! id draft those numbers over Trout and Acuna!

I am familiar with Rauolt and his recent findings that have been published. However, i have not see any exact percentages such as those that you have shown. Do you have any sources that validate those percentages?

I believe it is possible Rauolt is onto something, and infact, in a couple of the asian countries (i believe they are China/S.Korea) they have already labeled this drug as an efficient medicine to use for those with Covid-19

1 minute ago, KCTD25 said:

I agree that we probably shouldn't compare our situation to South Korea, China or Japan. However we really shouldn't compare our situation to Italy either. 

I agree, you guys (U.S.A) are not on the level Italy has. A lot of this IMO has to do with cultural differences, and i truly do not believe that the U.S was any more  as unprepared than Italy was.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Im not following this stuff to the degree you are, I think, so would you mind giving sources for these claims? Cause they contradict the experts who are predicting 80% of Americans are gonna get it, etc 

getting it is not the issue.  its the kill rate and whether or not there is a cure (there is)

sources are one of the most well respected viral scientist/doctors in France...Dr Didier Rauolt

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186Bel9RqfsmEx55FDum4xY_IlWSHnGbj/view

Greg RIgano of Johns Hospkins (used to smoke weed with johnny hopkins and sloan kettering) here is an interview he did yesterday

and the fact Lennox Hill Hospital in NY has used it on 100 patients and hasnt lost one.

There was and still is a lack of awareness here in the US. Just 2 weeks ago there was not really any concern over COVID19 in the US.  Not even 2 weeks ago I was going to the DMV and the movie theater.  It was packed.  I heard from many medical people that "its just the flu! Just wash your hands."  "Seasonal flu kills more people."  "The lockdowns are ridiculous."  "Great time to go to the amusement park, no one will be there."

And then the millenials making their boomer jokes "Lol boomers are buying toilet paper and hand sanitizers.  Meanwhile millenials are booking cheap flights and vacations"  These people were all looking for cheap getaways to Vegas, etc.

Well all those people have now changed their tune.  Now its "Stay inside"  "What the hell are people doing on the beaches"  "We need to shut these things down"  I got into arguments with these medical people who acted like they knew better than everyone else, this was all just a little over a week ago.

As for a total lockdown, its very difficult.  I know the NJ Governor is pissed that people are not taking the lockdown seriously and said there will start to be a crackdown.  I've always looked at what a danger to my life other people are.  Drunk drivers on the road and everything else.  Now I have all of these people making it difficult to get necessities from the store without putting my whole family's lives in danger.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

getting it is not the issue.  its the kill rate and whether or not there is a cure (there is)

sources are one of the most well respected viral scientist/doctors in France...Dr Didier Rauolt

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186Bel9RqfsmEx55FDum4xY_IlWSHnGbj/view

Greg RIgano of Johns Hospkins (used to smoke weed with johnny hopkins and sloan kettering) here is an interview he did yesterday

and the fact Lennox Hill Hospital in NY has used it on 100 patients and hasnt lost one.

Where did you read Lennox Hill Hospital has successfully used this drug on 100 patients? If so, why are other hospitals not using this?

Not doubting. Just curious why this isnt more known through out the globe at this point when considering the loss of life..

Raoult's study had a total of 36 patients.  There is no way to divide 36 by an integer to yield a 99.75% cure rate, so I assume @jfazz23 is counting people who had been cured, but one of their toes still tested positive.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jonninho said:

Where did you read Lennox Hill Hospital has successfully used this drug on 100 patients? If so, why are other hospitals not using this?

Not doubting. Just curious why this isnt more known through out the globe at this point when considering the loss of life..

just read an article on townhall.com

https://townhall.com/columnists/kevinmccullough/2020/03/22/the-final-steps-to-defeating-covid19-n2565453

and here is a youtube clip.  a Doctor form Lennox hill is interviewed

there isnt more talk about this because there are certain people in this world who are happy people are dying and the economy is suffering (not referring to anyone here).  there are also people who like the billion dollar grants the government gives to research new drugs.  HCQ/A is already approved and affordable.  there isnt a lot of money to be made from it...it needs to be mass produced and used on all china virus patients.  specifically the elderly and those with other med problems.  this is not a political or financial issue, but it is being treated as such by those in the media.

Edited by jfazz23

There is plenty of talk about it by people who know what they're talking about.

Nobody is saying HCQ isn't promising.  If it weren't promising, it wouldn't get to the point of clinical trials.  But you and your sources are misrepresenting the actual findings in a way that provides false hope and alleges a conspiracy to kill people and hurt the economy that is frankly offensive.  People can rely on scientists to do science without automatically wanting people to die and be penniless.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

There is plenty of talk about it by people who know what they're talking about.

Nobody is saying HCQ isn't promising.  If it weren't promising, it wouldn't get to the point of clinical trials.  But you and your sources are misrepresenting the actual findings in a way that provides false hope and alleges a conspiracy to kill people and hurt the economy that is frankly offensive.  People can rely on scientists to do science without automatically wanting people to die and be penniless.

my sources are scientists and doctors...not alex jones

Edited by jfazz23

NY is doing a large scale study on the those two drugs starting on Tuesday I believe. Maybe that's already been mentioned in this thread though. Plenty of eligible test subjects unfortunately ☹️. Really hoping it comes through. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jfazz23 said:

my sources are scientists and doctors...not alex jones

Your 99.75 number is fabricated.  It does not exist in the cited study.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

NY is doing a large scale study on the those two drugs starting on Tuesday I believe. Maybe that's already been mentioned in this thread though. Plenty of eligible test subjects unfortunately ☹️. Really hoping it comes through. 

thanks.  and good.  we should be mass producing this.  its already passed FDA approval and has been in use for 40-50 years. hope this study is quick and works!

on the bright side, Harvey Weinstein tested positive

4 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

I am going to assume the trial will be over atleast a 7-10 span if not longer. I mean, it will only mean something if the drug proves to cure the sick and ensure that they remain that way.. which unfortunately will require some time. Either way, this is great news and i like everyone else.. hopes this proves to be the cure we are all seeking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

Yes, starting Tuesday:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-22/n-y-will-start-using-trial-drugs-on-tuesday-to-treat-patients

And yes, wholeheartedly agree in hoping it comes through.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

on the bright side, Harvey Weinstein tested positive

They wasted a test on that F——?

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Rotocious said:

You still obviously aren't understanding ... Also its fall about to be winter in the southern hemisphere.

It's literally TWO days into Spring for the northern hemisphere right now... meaning in the southern hemisphere it's been two days of fall... 'Summer' doesn't even start in the US until June lmao, you're a few months early for it to be winter in the southern hemisphere.

8 hours ago, Rotocious said:

True.  I honestly think in the next 2 weeks they're going to say America did a really good job with this whole thing and flattened the hell out of that curve.

Washington is currently running out of hospital beds and is nowhere near flattening the curve.  Other states aren't taking this seriously and people are still sitting at beaches and packing beach towns like it's a vacation.  Testing is grossly underdone, this pandemic is much, much worse than the numbers currently state.

Edited by daynlokki
  • Like 1

20,000mg of Vit-C daily for 3 days minus the steroids. 

• Like 1

another good article refuting what people like Dr Fauci is saying. it also cites another source from one of the more prestiguos science journals in the world. (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-020-0282-0) and this from belgium (https://epidemio.wiv-isp.be/ID/Documents/Covid19/COVID-19_InterimGuidelines_Treatment_ENG.pdf)  

again, im not trying to pick a fight.  i just want to get the point across that there is WAAAAY too  much politics and money involved with this virus.  just because someone with a PhD says something doesnt mean they are correct.  just think.  [...] edit: it wasnt politics it was proving my point.  

[...nope...]

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/03/fda_must_approve_hydroxychloroquine_now.html

7 hours ago, Rotocious said:

You clearly are no expert please stop with that anecdote.  Don't try to trump someone's point with a made up story.  Use facts use sound logic.

You are wrong about UV rays trying to say they are basically the same in the winter as summer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1280232/

You are wrong about people's immune systems.  This is known fact the above post does a great job of explaining it.

But your arguementitive stance to try to prove me wrong only further proves the point as to why the spread would be worse in the winter as opposed to the summer.

First there is this snippet: In fact, on its "mythbusters" webpage, the WHO says COVID-19 can be transmitted in all climates, "including areas with hot and humid weather."
Then there is this little fact check that took two seconds:https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/20/greg-murphy/no-sunlight-has-not-been-proven-kill-coronavirus/

Yes, UV light can kill most viruses... that said, the UV light from the sun by itself is NOT strong enough to do so.  You'd need to use a high-intensity UV light, but hey, that only causes skin cancers if used on people so that should just be how we fight this right?

and to further prove my point in regards to people like Dr Fauci, just think about what he said during Swine Flu (H1N1) during the previous administration in 2009.  after millions were already infected...and 1000s already died....he was relaxed and said this...

"Parents should not send their kids to school if they're sick, if you're sick don't go to work ... avoid places where there are people who are sick and coughing, now that's a difficult thing to do,” he said. "...You can't isolate yourself from the rest of the world for the whole flu season."

full article (with video) here

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/what_did_dr_fauci_have_to_say_in_2009_about_the_deadly_h1n1_pandemic.html

Just now, daynlokki said:

First there is this snippet: In fact, on its "mythbusters" webpage, the WHO says COVID-19 can be transmitted in all climates, "including areas with hot and humid weather."
Then there is this little fact check that took two seconds:https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/20/greg-murphy/no-sunlight-has-not-been-proven-kill-coronavirus/

Yes, UV light can kill most viruses... that said, the UV light from the sun by itself is NOT strong enough to do so.  You'd need to use a high-intensity UV light, but hey, that only causes skin cancers if used on people so that should just be how we fight this right?

take everything the WHO says with a grain of salt.  they are more of a political organization than a health organization.