bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Recommended Posts

Gary Sanchez out of camp today with a fever. Team would not say if he is being tested for COVID-19 but surely he will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 days away from opening day. 
 

Games that have my intention. 
 

Texas @ Seattle 

SF @ LADodgers 

Minnesota @ Oakland 

Colorado @ San Diego 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

16 days away from opening day. 
 

Games that have my intention. 
 

Texas @ Seattle 

SF @ LADodgers 

Minnesota @ Oakland 

Colorado @ San Diego 

 

 

 

What is your intention?  Sounds ominous....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would add Yankees and Mets to that. NY leads the US in cases by state, mostly concentrated in areas surrounding NYC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

What is your intention?  Sounds ominous....

Very. Something is out there it is called Corona Virus 🦠. West coast is highly contagious. 

 

12 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Would add Yankees and Mets to that. NY leads the US in cases by state, mostly concentrated in areas surrounding NYC.

Oh yes ... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys that Corona crap is not funny 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Would add Yankees and Mets to that. NY leads the US in cases by state, mostly concentrated in areas surrounding NYC.

I'd add any games in the northeast where the weather is cooler too. Confirmed cases in DC, Maryland and Pennsylvania (Philly burbs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

16 days away from opening day. 
 

Games that have my intention. 
 

Texas @ Seattle 

SF @ LADodgers 

Minnesota @ Oakland 

Colorado @ San Diego 

 

 

 


Cc: NSA, FBI, CIA, Homeland Security

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

6ae5f742cbb478d501e586aa0515a1a6.jpg

If you read through the thread, this has all been done (by myself even, among others). This virus isn’t inherently more deadly, but it’s the incubation period (5-14 days) makes it spread much quicker, as people don’t know they have it. 
But at this point, it is affecting our lives and, for these purposes, our sports. Games are already being canceled. This is likely to affect baseball. They’ll likely be making decisions to play in empty stadiums or postpone games soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

If you read through the thread, this has all been done (by myself even, among others). This virus isn’t inherently more deadly, but it’s the incubation period (5-14 days) makes it spread much quicker, as people don’t know they have it. 
But at this point, it is affecting our lives and, for these purposes, our sports. Games are already being canceled. This is likely to affect baseball. They’ll likely be making decisions to play in empty stadiums or postpone games soon. 

 

I hope they just play the games in empty stadiums. Not to be a fearmonger, but parts of the USA will likely be on lockdown for weeks at a time in the coming months. There are so many games to be played, and since a lot of us are gonna be stuck in our houses for long periods of time, it would be nice to watch some games on TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Picard56 said:

 

I hope they just play the games in empty stadiums. Not to be a fearmonger, but parts of the USA will likely be on lockdown for weeks at a time in the coming months. There are so many games to be played, and since a lot of us are gonna be stuck in our houses for long periods of time, it would be nice to watch some games on TV


So just like Rays home games for everyone? 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

 

I hope they just play the games in empty stadiums. Not to be a fearmonger, but parts of the USA will likely be on lockdown for weeks at a time in the coming months. There are so many games to be played, and since a lot of us are gonna be stuck in our houses for long periods of time, it would be nice to watch some games on TV

I think once May hits we’ll be past the panic and the spread will slow quite a bit. But yeah, you’d have to think if they don’t play empty stadiums they’d likely go to a shortened schedule (140 games?). There’s no way to make up 10s of games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

If you read through the thread, this has all been done (by myself even, among others). This virus isn’t inherently more deadly, but it’s the incubation period (5-14 days) makes it spread much quicker, as people don’t know they have it. 
But at this point, it is affecting our lives and, for these purposes, our sports. Games are already being canceled. This is likely to affect baseball. They’ll likely be making decisions to play in empty stadiums or postpone games soon. 

 

Yea i had read the thread, no worries, and ill believe the empty sports stadiums in the US when i see it tho, could happen but if i had to bet one way or another, nah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kmoore1521 said:

 

Yea i had read the thread, no worries, and ill believe the empty sports stadiums in the US when i see it tho, could happen but if i had to bet one way or another, nah

I mean, the Ivy League canceled their basketball tournament today. That’s pretty big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

 

Yea i had read the thread, no worries, and ill believe the empty sports stadiums in the US when i see it tho, could happen but if i had to bet one way or another, nah

There's already precedent with the White Sox/Orioles game in 2015 that was played in an empty stadium. It could definitely happen.

Edited by TribeFoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[ Fellas, the arguing over how seriously to take this is getting tiresome.  MLB and state/local governments are taking it seriously enough that it could affect fantasy, and that's what ultimately matters here.  Let's all accept that we have different positions on the concern scale at this point and focus on news updates and more relevant discussions about what this might mean for baseball. ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I mean, the Ivy League canceled their basketball tournament today. That’s pretty big. 

 

dang thats wild, didnt see that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

French Ligue 1 and 2 playing behind closed doors until April 15. In Germany all gatherings of more than 1,000 people are off. MLB and other American leagues are surely taking notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're going to see players take the field in empty stadiums this year, aren't we?

If ONE player catches the CoronaVirus it's going to shut that entire team/franchise down for a minimum of two weeks.  That seems unprecedented to me in any of the major U.S. sports.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.