bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

But are their stats right?  No one knows what really goes on there and with a border with China where smuggling goes on on  a regular basis my guess is their infection rate is a tad higher than zero.  But since they are testing zero people their results will always be zero. 

Same with Syria that continues to report zero cases.  Assad bombed half of the hospitals into the dust so their whole health structure is nada now and no one is being tested.  No test, no test results.  So everything is rosy there too ... not.

Now I'm sure both Dear Leader Kim and Assad have been tested as well as the handful of people left on planet earth they sort of still trust.  But I'm talking about real people.

Like others have said, that was the plan all along.  Navy hospital ships are build for TRAUMA cases, NOT infections.  There is no way to quarantine infected patients from anyone else any more than on a cruise ship.  They were not built with plagues in mind but rather wars. 

And the ship is accepting people who have been in the hospital already, not people wanting to get into a hospital.  Like others said it was to clear out the regular hospitals of their non covid-19 patients to make room in those hospitals for the virus patients.  They have said this from day one.  It has been on every newscast about these ships from day one that that is what they are for.  Every White House press conference as well.  I've heard the scenario repeated like a hundred times.  So why are you surprised that that is exactly what they are doing?

I assume the fly in the ointment is how to screen now that these patients recovering from hip surgery or strokes or what not haven't been infected while stuck in the regular hospitals.  And given the continued LACK of testing equipment and WHEN test results are then available once a test is performed, this is indeed a problem.  And of course any new patients, same problem.  Both testing AND getting the results back is still the major problem in the US.

Speaking of tests.  One lab said they have a backlog of 168,000 tests as of yesterday.  And the original test is still more accurate than the fly by night ones being rushed out since no one knows how good those are as of yet.  And one quick survey of a small sample already found as many as 1 out of 3 results of this older, "certified" test can result in false negatives (and positives) so people thinking they have been tested and don't have covid-19 may really have it but thinking they are cleared then can now go out and give it to others thinking they are safe.  The newer kinds of tests screen in even broader strokes so they should prove even less accurate.

My point was that none of the new York hospitals have a significant number of non-COVID patients to transmit. So the ship is useless right now ( if the total patient number is still near 20 ) until test results come back.

The ship could be converted to one quarantine hospital if the ship had the equipment of course which I assume they do not. This has not been hammered and repeated by Trump every press conference like you say ( or I am completely deaf ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

My point was that none of the new York hospitals have a significant number of non-COVID patients to transmit. So the ship is useless right now ( if the total patient number is still near 20 ) until test results come back.

The ship could be converted to one quarantine hospital if the ship had the equipment of course which I assume they do not. This has not been hammered and repeated by Trump every press conference like you say ( or I am completely deaf ).

I think the patients needed to go in have to pass a covid-19 test first and that takes forever.  And yes even Trump mentioned the ships were for non virus patients even though it was usually said as a quick parenthesis all the time by him.  But the real news organizations/channels that have real  journalists have mentioned the purpose of the ships every time they mentioned the ships.

But now Andrew Cuomo is actually asking that the ship in NY be converted into a covid-19 hospital but the news reports say the navy is dragging it's feet because they are worried about how they will disinfect it after the epidemic is over.  Hello, US navy, you save people first and worry about finding enough Lysol afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

My point was that none of the new York hospitals have a significant number of non-COVID patients to transmit

 

 

image.png.b3d1e518c6ce63f02747dd7bd398c042.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I think the patients needed to go in have to pass a covid-19 test first and that takes forever.  And yes even Trump mentioned the ships were for non virus patients even though it was usually said as a quick parenthesis all the time by him.  But the real news organizations/channels that have real  journalists have mentioned the purpose of the ships every time they mentioned the ships.

But now Andrew Cuomo is actually asking that the ship in NY be converted into a covid-19 hospital but the news reports say the navy is dragging it's feet because they are worried about how they will disinfect it after the epidemic is over.  Hello, US navy, you save people first and worry about finding enough Lysol afterwards.

Agreed...navy needs to step up here and not say they are just following orders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

 

 

image.png.b3d1e518c6ce63f02747dd7bd398c042.png

Any news outlet...google covid19 hsns comfort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Any news outlet...google covid19 hsns comfort

 

That's not how citations work!  It's not my job to research your claims.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

But are their stats right?  No one knows what really goes on there and with a border with China where smuggling goes on on  a regular basis my guess is their infection rate is a tad higher than zero.  But since they are testing zero people their results will always be zero. 

Same with Syria that continues to report zero cases.  Assad bombed half of the hospitals into the dust so their whole health structure is nada now and no one is being tested.  No test, no test results.  So everything is rosy there too ... not.

Now I'm sure both Dear Leader Kim and Assad have been tested as well as the handful of people left on planet earth they sort of still trust.  But I'm talking about real people.

 

Yes, their stats. I was kidding. It's like when Dear Leader shot a 38 with 11 hole in ones . 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question - The markets in Wuhan opened back up today. Ofcourse, restrictions remained within the city, a lot of other businesses remained closed, vendors wore masks and gloves as precautions and some were forced to sell over high fences to maintain distance.

Is it possible for the MLB to return with fans if every fan gaining entry was required or even provided with masks/gloves? The obvious issue with this is the teams ability or fans desire to make money off food/drink sales, but, other than that, is it possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Any news outlet...google covid19 hsns comfort

Burden of proof rests on you bud. You need to provide the source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jonninho said:

Question - The markets in Wuhan opened back up today. Ofcourse, restrictions remained within the city, a lot of other businesses remained closed, vendors wore masks and gloves as precautions and some were forced to sell over high fences to maintain distance.

Is it possible for the MLB to return with fans if every fan gaining entry was required or even provided with masks/gloves? The obvious issue with this is the teams ability or fans desire to make money off food/drink sales, but, other than that, is it possible?

Thats not how social distancing works. It would be an awful idea and i dont even think the gov would allow it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Burden of proof rests on you bud. You need to provide the source

Am New York, ny times , mnbc, etc...you guys need to get your heads out of the sand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Thats not how social distancing works. It would be an awful idea and i dont even think the gov would allow it.

The use of gloves and masks would prevent any air being breathed or while talking to be transmitted to another individual. The use of gloves would ensure no germs transferring from one spectator to another.. why wouldnt this work? assuming all fans used the masks/gloves for the duration of the game and did so properly..what am i missing here?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

 

That's not how citations work!  It's not my job to research your claims.

 

I'll do the honors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/nyregion/ny-coronavirus-usns-comfort.html

Quote

At the same time, there is not a high volume of noncoronavirus patients. Because most New Yorkers have isolated themselves in their homes, there are fewer injuries from car accidents, gun shots and construction accidents that would require an emergency room visit.Ultimately, Mr. Dowling and others said, if the Comfort refuses to take Covid patients, there are few patients to send. And given the pernicious spread of the disease in New York City, where nearly 50,000 were infected as of Thursday, dividing patients into those who have it and those who do not is pointless, he said.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To further that, each fan could be required to have their temperature checked prior to entry with one of those temperature gun check things...

entrance is going to take much longer, but, gates could always open earlier.. either way, if fans want to see the game in person, its something they will have to tolerate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jonninho said:

Question - The markets in Wuhan opened back up today. Ofcourse, restrictions remained within the city, a lot of other businesses remained closed, vendors wore masks and gloves as precautions and some were forced to sell over high fences to maintain distance.

Is it possible for the MLB to return with fans if every fan gaining entry was required or even provided with masks/gloves? The obvious issue with this is the teams ability or fans desire to make money off food/drink sales, but, other than that, is it possible?

That’s one way the under equipped healthcare workers could get their equipment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jonninho said:

To further that, each fan could be required to have their temperature checked prior to entry with one of those temperature gun check things...

entrance is going to take much longer, but, gates could always open earlier.. either way, if fans want to see the game in person, its something they will have to tolerate..

I was initially working on a joke reply about microchipping people that have gotten COVID-19 and survived and only allowing those people into the ballpark. Then I googled it and it turns out Bill Gates is already thinking about stuff like that: https://biohackinfo.com/news-bill-gates-id2020-vaccine-implant-covid-19-digital-certificates/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

That’s one way the under equipped healthcare workers could get their equipment.

Really? Wow, i wouldnt have guessed that response. Honestly, i thought it was obvious that this isnt a potential solution to take effect immediately.. but, i guess you didnt catch onto that.. Obviously time to manufacture such material is required.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jonninho said:

The use of gloves and masks would prevent any air being breathed or while talking to be transmitted to another individual. The use of gloves would ensure no germs transferring from one spectator to another.. why wouldnt this work? assuming all fans used the masks/gloves for the duration of the game and did so properly..what am i missing here?

And the players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, meh2 said:

I was initially working on a joke reply about microchipping people that have gotten COVID-19 and survived and only allowing those people into the ballpark. Then I googled it and it turns out Bill Gates is already thinking about stuff like that: https://biohackinfo.com/news-bill-gates-id2020-vaccine-implant-covid-19-digital-certificates/

Yeah, i read about the UK looking into issuing some sort of certificate/passport for those who are 'immune' to the disease, allowing them to retun to normal lives sooner than others would be permitted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Low and Away said:

And the players?

with the introduction of these 15 minute tests, take a daily test or proceed with the option that has been floated around about having team/staff isolated from the outside of the world for the season. It honestly wouldnt be that hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jonninho said:

with the introduction of these 15 minute tests, take a daily test or proceed with the option that has been floated around about having team/staff isolated from the outside of the world for the season. It honestly wouldnt be that hard.

Figure 25 players per team, 5 coaches per team,umpires, and ground crews with 15 minute tests. And what happens the first time one of those tests positive and the people they have had contact with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonninho said:

Question - The markets in Wuhan opened back up today. Ofcourse, restrictions remained within the city, a lot of other businesses remained closed, vendors wore masks and gloves as precautions and some were forced to sell over high fences to maintain distance.

Is it possible for the MLB to return with fans if every fan gaining entry was required or even provided with masks/gloves? The obvious issue with this is the teams ability or fans desire to make money off food/drink sales, but, other than that, is it possible?

What a niffy idea.  Everyone can get hospital grade masks to just merely attend baseball games leaving the hospital workers even shorter on supplies leading to more health care workers getting the corona virus.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Figure 25 players per team, 5 coaches per team,umpires, and ground crews with 15 minute tests. And what happens the first time one of those tests positive and the people they have had contact with?

So, to advance the idea further.. a spring training 2.0 will be required, right? all members are tested upon arrival to facility, if someone is positive they will be placed into quarantine at that moment, the hope is all members show upto spring training 2.0 without corona (they are supposed to be quaranting), all members pass test, all members are isolated from outside world for duration of season, there SHOULD be no reason any member will test positive at that point, but, i guess anything is possible and to ensure it that is where daily testing comes into place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What a niffy idea.  Everyone can get hospital grade masks to just merely attend baseball games leaving the hospital workers even shorter on supplies leading to more health care workers getting the corona virus.

God damn.. bruh.. firstly, its an idea.. secondly, no where did i say this would take place tomorrow.

the shortage is real and understood. Hence the requirement for both the hospital shortage to be taken care of, along with factories (more by the day, might i add) aiding in the mass production of supplies. At some point, there will not be a shortage and will be plenty to go around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.