bluefrogguy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

1 minute ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Did Rotoworld close it's doors?  I noticed there haven't been any blurbs since late last night.  

I noticed that too, for baseball and football, basketball there were updates.

Warriors officially announce they will be playing games with no fans. Only a matter of time for other teams to start the same.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Did Rotoworld close it's doors?  I noticed there haven't been any blurbs since late last night.  

Yeah that is weird.  Even if Rotoworld told employees to stay home you can update this stuff from home so don't know what is going on.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

16 minutes ago, GC Tacos said:

I’m in a league full of boomers, hoping COVID-19 will deliver me my first championship! 

I’ve got one guy in my league who is “at-risk” and decided he wanted to limit contact as much as possible. We hold a live draft every season. This will be the first where we don’t meet. 

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’ve got one guy in my league who is “at-risk” and decided he wanted to limit contact as much as possible. We hold a live draft every season. This will be the first where we don’t meet. 

The boomer deleted my post. They getting worried! 😂

Mariners officially not playing at home for first 2 series. TBD where they will play.

What is moving to a different stadium going to accomplish? Just keep the fans out. You move the game to somewhere "safe" like Nowheresville North Dakota and nobody is going to be coming anyway.

• Like 1

History always blames people who don't do enough.  Better to do too much.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I guess I dont understand why we didnt do this for H1N1 or the seasonal flu. I feel like I'm being naive, so my confusion is sincere. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

100% correct. People make fun of the Y2K panic now but part of the reason it turned into a ho-hum nothing to see here event is due to the level of work and preparation taken beforehand.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I guess I dont understand why we didnt do this for H1N1 or the seasonal flu. I feel like I'm being naive, so my confusion is sincere. 

because this is different

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Given the flurry of mis-information out there. You really should expand on that. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Now I'm not sure if you are being serious or joking. Well done. I think.

Keep in mind the mortality rate is going to be higher because theres going to be people out there who get Coronavirus and dont even know it, and thus wouldnt factor into that calc. 

Recent news reports have shown a CDC estimate of 80,000 total flu deaths in the U.S. in the past year, based on a different method of statistical analysis that tries to assess where flu may have been a factor in a person’s death even if it isn’t listed on a death certificate. More precise figures, in which flu is specifically listed as a cause of death, shows 15,541 fatalities from Oct. 1, 2017, through early September (the most recent report available).  Nearly 80 percent of those who died from flu were 65 or older — 12,230 — a significant increase over recent years.

(taken from the aarp website for an article late last year)

At any rate, I need to do more reading on it. The issue might just be that theres no vaccine yet, which is making it bad right now. 

I'll stop posting on this until I study haha. It is a strange and maybe scary phenomenon, but maybe it is being overblown too. The gray area I do think warrants being conservative.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cs3 said:

What is moving to a different stadium going to accomplish? Just keep the fans out. You move the game to somewhere "safe" like Nowheresville North Dakota and nobody is going to be coming anyway.

The Mariners originally were going to move it because the governor of Washington state has banned the gathering of crowds greater than 250 people therefore holding it in Arizona spring training facility instead.  Which is a Mariners-related facility.  But at the rate it is going crowds may be banned in Arizona by the time Opening Day arrives anyway.

Seattle bans gatherings of 250 or more.  Mariners gathering data to see if they can still hold games in March and April because that’s generally cut off of people who actually show up.  

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Seattle bans gatherings of 250 or more.  Mariners gathering data to see if they can still hold games in March and April because that’s generally cut off of people who actually show up.  

I was waiting for this post!

• Haha 1

THIS IS THE SOLUTION: Keep the teams at their Spring Training sites with no fans

Less likelihood the virus spreads in those cities  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Now I'm not sure if you are being serious or joking. Well done. I think.

Serious.  But it won't matter what I say on an internet forum.  My stance remains the same.  Prepare, don't panic...  And respect 

2 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Keep in mind the mortality rate is going to be higher because theres going to be people out there who get Coronavirus and dont even know it, and thus wouldnt factor into that calc. 

Do you not think people don't report that they have the flu?