Sign in to follow this  
Cmilne23

Robinson Cano 2020 Outlook

Usually when someone escapes hell (Seattle Mariners) they have an instant rise back to success.  But unfortunately Cano got shipped to Mariners East in the Mets, along with his loser teammate 7 IQ Edwin Diaz.  Will Cano be able to find fountain of youth again to have another .300/20/90/.850 season?  Or are those days a fart in the wind 🌬?

Edited by Cmilne23

Yeah you would get excited for this guy wouldn’t you Colin.

I think he’ll be exciting for a few weeks in April and May and then get injured. But if he stays healthy I think he’s a solid discount MI rebound play.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

No thanks, not going to be on any of my teams

Second is pretty thin this season. Once you get past the first few guys it's all a bit of a gamble. Is he probably going to get hurt and disappoint folk? Yeah. But steamer is projecting him to hit 270 with 20 bombs. That's not going to kill any of your teams. If I miss out on the top guys, Cano is one of my fallback options.

38 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Second is pretty thin this season. Once you get past the first few guys it's all a bit of a gamble. Is he probably going to get hurt and disappoint folk? Yeah. But steamer is projecting him to hit 270 with 20 bombs. That's not going to kill any of your teams. If I miss out on the top guys, Cano is one of my fallback options.

I am wondering about a full time second base job. Is he penciled in you think or straight platoon? 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I am wondering about a full time second base job. Is he penciled in you think or straight platoon? 

I haven't followed the situation closely and could be mistaken, but assuming he can stay healthy and decent I see no reason he wouldn't have the every day job.

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Yes he is penciled in for a full time job. Mainly because of the contract. He might get more days off than he's used to but he will play. The only way he won't be in the lineup is if he gets hurt.

58 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Yes he is penciled in for a full time job. Mainly because of the contract. He might get more days off than he's used to but he will play. The only way he won't be in the lineup is if he gets hurt.

I figured that myself but roster resource has him in a platoon with Jed Lowrie. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I figured that myself but roster resource has him in a platoon with Jed Lowrie. 

Is Jed Lowrie even alive? Shocked they would have that. At best Lowrie is a bench bat, only reason he will make team is because of his salary. Mets would be happy if he gave them anything this year.

Jed Lowrie and Stanton in a fierce fight for softest New Yorker.

Surprised his ADP is so low.  

He is on my radar.  At an ADP ~300 he is an easy pick.

8 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Jed Lowrie and Stanton in a fierce fight for softest New Yorker.

Edwin rejoices!

22 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Edwin rejoices!

He’s softest mentally, those 2 are softest physically!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

Is Jed Lowrie even alive? Shocked they would have that. At best Lowrie is a bench bat, only reason he will make team is because of his salary. Mets would be happy if he gave them anything this year.

Only two years ago (2018) Jed had 23HR 99RBIs 263/353/448 4.8WAR. Mighty impressing. 

55 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Only two years ago (2018) Jed had 23HR 99RBIs 263/353/448 4.8WAR. Mighty impressing. 

Only one year ago, Jed had 7 total AB in 2019 and didn't get a hit. Only a week ago, Jed showed up to Spring Training with a large brace on his leg and still is without a timetable.

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Only one year ago, Jed had 7 total AB in 2019 and didn't get a hit. Only a week ago, Jed showed up to Spring Training with a large brace on his leg and still is without a timetable.

OK ... Robbie Cano is the second baseman. Who is Jed Lowrie 

On 2/26/2020 at 7:44 AM, Cmilne23 said:

Usually when someone escapes hell (Seattle Mariners) they have an instant rise back to success.  But unfortunately Cano got shipped to Mariners East in the Mets, along with his loser teammate 7 IQ Edwin Diaz.  Will Cano be able to find fountain of youth again to have another .300/20/90/.850 season?  Or are those days a fart in the wind 🌬?

History hasn't been kind to 37-year old 2B. Only two 2B (Biggio and Kent) have had 20+ HR seasons at age 37 or older and the last one was 13 years ago. Who knows, maybe Cano can be the third one.

2 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

History hasn't been kind to 37-year old 2B. Only two 2B (Biggio and Kent) have had 20+ HR seasons at age 37 or older and the last one was 13 years ago. Who knows, maybe Cano can be the third one.

How many 37+ year old second basemen have come into the season with the starting job? 

18 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

How many 37+ year old second basemen have come into the season with the starting job? 

And a spot as the #3 hitter in an offense that could be in the top half of offenses across baseball. It’s not a sexy pick by any stretch, but with an ADP > 300 there’s value to be had.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Proving some doubters wrong in the early going.  I know many are down on him but he’s currently hitting over .400 and in a prime spot in the lineup. 

Edit: Didn’t realize when I posted this, that he had been removed from the game early with a tight groin.....well that was fun while it lasted. 

Move along....nothing to see here.

Edited by HaloFanatic17

Comes back and keeps mashing. Statcast numbers look great too.

• Like 1