My options are the following:

Gerrit Cole, SP ($30)

Ozzie Albies, 2B ($27)

Jesus Luzardo, RP currently ($15)

Jose Ramirez, 3B ($10)

Yordan Alvarez, DH ($1)

Mike Soroka, SP ($1)

Rhys Hoskins, 1B ($1)

A few notes to consider. Pitchers normally go for an astronomical rate. Top 5 pitchers will go for as much as $55-60 every season. So Gerrit Cole is a no-brainer at $30. Then Jose Ramirez has been on my squad for a few years now and even though he slumped big time in the first half last season, he seems like a top 10 hitter when things are going right. Great value at $10.

With a $300 budget, I'd like to keep things cheap after that. My gut is to go with both of the hot-name rookies, Soroka & Alvarez. I'm really impressed Soroka and his maturity at 22 years old. And while a lot of experts are screaming regression I'm not sure we've seen the best yet. And then with Alvarez, seems wrong to miss out on a future with a guy who hit 50 homers between Triple A & the major league last season.

But unlike Soroka, I do worry a little about a sophomore slump from Alvarez and wonder if I'm underestimating the value of Albies. Second base is such a thin position and is it out the question that he transcends into a superstar on Acuna's level? Guys like Trout, Yelich, Acuna, etc. are price tagged at $50/$55.

All in all, right now I'm keeping Cole, Ramirez, Alvarez & Soroka for $42. But would you do otherwise?

I would consider Luzardo over Soroka. His stuff is good enough where he could be one of those $30-40+ SP next year.

4 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

All in all, right now I'm keeping Cole, Ramirez, Alvarez & Soroka for $42. But would you do otherwise?

I agree with this.  Getting one of the best SP in the game, and 3 great values.  I wouldn't over think it at all

3 hours ago, RogerKlotz said:

I would consider Luzardo over Soroka. His stuff is good enough where he could be one of those $30-40+ SP next year.

This makes absolutely zero sense.  Why keep a guy at $15 who will for sure be innings limited over a guy for $1 who is more proven and has just as much upside?

• Like 1

Ozzie, JoRam, Yordan, Hoskins are you're locks!! 

11 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

I agree with this.  Getting one of the best SP in the game, and 3 great values.  I wouldn't over think it at all

This makes absolutely zero sense.  Why keep a guy at $15 who will for sure be innings limited over a guy for $1 who is more proven and has just as much upside?

Luzardo's upside is a Scherzer/Cole/DeGrom type SP. Soroka probably had one of the best seasons he will have as a pro in 2019. Their ceilings are not similar. 

I think your 4 are the way to go. Compelling arguments for Luzardo, but he’s thrown all of 12 MLB innings and he will for sure be on a limit of sorts.

Help? 

I would go 

Cole

Ramirez

Alvarez

Soroka