Mag7

First Look at Mixed Keepers - WHIR

14 team mixed keeper, 5x5, $300 cap, 9 keepers max.  Here's my current roster.

C - Jorge Alfaro $1
1B - Paul Goldschmidt $69
1B-2B-3B-OF - Josh VanMeter $1
1B-OF - Garrett Cooper $1
1B-3B-OF - J.D. Davis $1
3B-2B - Yoan Moncada $16c

SS - Xander Bogaerts $28
OF-2B-SS - Dee Gordon $25
OF - George Springer $38
OF - Mike Trout $91b
OF - Jo Adell $1
OF - Shin-soo Choo $1
SP - Luis Castillo $11c
SP - José Leclerc $6b
SP - Lance Lynn $1
SP - Shane Bieber $6b

SP - Anthony DeSclafani $1
SP - Jose Urquidy $1
SP - Charlie Morton $16

SP - Jake Odorizzi $1
SP - Pablo López $1
SP - Corey Kluber $61c
RP - Shane Greene $4
RP - Sean Doolittle $22

I set in bold the 7 I consider definite keeper.  I'm thinking of Bogaerts and Leclerc as the final 2.  With my 5 SP keepers I won't have to spend as much money on pitchers.

Thanks in advance.  WHIR

First of all, Id rather have Odorizzi than Urquidy.  Better chance at more innings and probably more k's.  Bogaerts is a must at $28.  Seems like good value.  I also think I would gamble on Adell playing a significant role in 2020.  He could be a difference maker sooner rather than later.  Id much rather have that, than a $6 Leclerc.  So my 9 keepers would be:  Bogaerts $28, Moncada $16, Morton $16, Castillo $11, Bieber $6, Davis $1, Adell $1, Lynn $1, and Odorizzi $1.  Some really good value there, freeing up some good money to spend in the auction draft

Edited by TheTruth024
  • Like 1

I considered Adell; I picked him up at the end of the season last year for this reason.  I thought about playing the odds and trying to get him back for $1 again in the auction which would give me another year at $1.

Toss those bottom 5 back, Keep Trout, Springer, XBog, Moncada, JD Davis, Dee Gordon, Adell, Cooper, VanMeter 

I'm good with the 7 you chose plus Bogaerts (I'm assuming he's maybe half his normal price?). But I'd also throw Adell in there, instead of Leclerc. Though I like Leclerc as a sleeper option with high upside at the closer position, there's no guarantee he doesn't continue to be volatile. 

Bogaerts will easily go $40 or more in the auction.  I'm leaning towards keeping Adell since we do have bench spots.

Don’t risk losing Adell. As an Angels fan he’s gonna be a big let if this team this year so if you let him go someone is going to grab him.