Sign in to follow this  
HaloFanatic17

Keeper Decision WHIR

12-team, H2H, standard 5x5 categories 

we get to keep 3 players every season, however they can’t be anyone who was kept the previous year and anyone drafted in the first two rounds last year. 

Im having a hard time deciding on my three keepers. Below are my options and the round value they will cost me in the draft.

Devers - RD 10

Meadows - RD 15

Mancini - RD 19

LaMahieu - RD 21

Kepler - RD 23

Liam Hendricks - RD 23

Devers

Meadows

Hendricks

I could see kepler if you dont want a closer

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Devers

Meadows

Hendricks

I was leaning towards Devers and Meadows. But was having a hard time with LeMahieu or Hendricks. It’s a saves league and Hendricks was so good last year. But LeMahieu comes with 1B/2B/3B eligibility.

Devers - RD 10-stud

Meadows - RD 15-seems like a star though could struggle a bit.

Mancini - RD 19-pretty good but on a bad team and isn’t really special and seems a bit high here.

LaMahieu - RD 21-probably peaked last year, doubt he’s a power hitter going forward and he doesn’t really steal so not much from him. 

Kepler - RD 23-platoon hitter who had a career year, even if he repeats he doesn’t offer enough value.

Liam Hendricks - RD 23-wouldn’t be surprised if last year was a fluke, but he’s a good value.

I bolded who I would pick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.  LeMahieu

2.  Meadows

3.  Devers

I really like the value DJ provides in the 21st round.  With 12 teams, that equates to about pick 240.  For a guy who will be solid across the board batting leadoff for one of the best lineups in baseball, I think hes a must in that spot.  And hes also eligible all over infield, which will help with roster management.  Hendricks is good value also, however I just dont trust closers, and the 3 hitters listed above are just too good to put back, so I would unfortunately put Hendricks back.  Look at Treinen last year?  That could be Hendricks this year.  Closers are just too volatile for me.

Edited by TheTruth024
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

No way you keep Kepler over LeMahieu. The only thing Kepler does better is power.  DJ beat him in every other category and has multi position flexibility.  Batting leadoff in a stacked yankees lineup makes his floor a lot higher IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

No way you keep Kepler over LeMahieu. The only thing Kepler does better is power.  DJ beat him in every other category and has multi position flexibility.  Batting leadoff in a stacked yankees lineup makes his floor a lot higher IMO

I get it. Kepler no slam dunk. I'm taking Hendriks. Top 7 closer. Closers look terrible this year.

Kepler 27, entering his prime, in a stacked lineup. You could be right on DJ.

But I'm skeptical on him. Played 9 years. 7 of those had a ops+ below league average. Last year was a career year by far. Hes not going to repeat last years numbers. Steamer at FanGrapjhs has them about the same in runs and rbis, Max big lead in hrs. DJ big lead in average. But even then, DJ a career .272 on road. I just feel like DJ owners are going to be a little disappointed this year. You could be right on DJ. But of the 3, Hendriks will probably be the best.

• Thanks 1

I would go devers, meadows, and DJ. I would be worried about Hendriks being able to repeat his performance last year.

• Like 1

Devers and Meadows are locks

After that either DJ or Kepler.

Help? 

• Like 1