Sign in to follow this  
havey16

Judge vs. Yordan Alvarez

This is for a 12 team ESPN points league (basically standard ESPN scoring), we keep 2 based on round drafted, with round increasing incrementally for each consecutive year that you keep them.

I'm keeping Acuna and then I'm not sure between Judge (in the 13th) or Yordan Alvarez (in the 25th). Alvarez struggled a bit in the playoffs and I'm not sure how the Astros scandal will affect him, also I'm worried that he will be DH eligible only...but 25th round vs 13th is pretty tempting. Judge on the other hand should be great especially considering that lineup...but the injuries are pretty scary so I'm wary of keeping him over Alvarez who could be a star on better value.

Thanks

Ha, I have struggled with my Astro keepers as well. Knowing they all cheated is one thing, but how much did that play into their final numbers? Hard to tell. 

Anyway, I'd still go Judge tho. I like him more, and just think with that team he's going be just as good as ever. Alvarez value definitely makes him appealing but I still say Judge. 

A healthy Judge is an AL MVP candidate and his injuries have been flukey. Alvarez could have a sophomore slump and who knows how the Astros scandal will affect him. Go with Judge.

Judge and injuries scare me a bit and Alvarez and sophmore slump scare me a bit.  Like the value Alvarez brings, so would lean that way.

Help? 

I wouldn’t hold the Astros cheating against Alvarez too much cuz he was barely called upon last year and the reports of them cheating were mainly in 17 and 18. He has great power and that’s a great value but I would have to go with Judge only because he’s more proven and in the better lineup and ballpark situation. Thanks for the help with mine! 

Judge all day. Even at 13 that’s a great position. Tough to trust your whole season on the Astros and that shady mess they have been a part of. 

7 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

A healthy Judge is an AL MVP candidate and his injuries have been flukey. Alvarez could have a sophomore slump and who knows how the Astros scandal will affect him. Go with Judge.

Healthy is the key word

• Like 1

I think the Astros demise is getting blown out of proportion. Yuli the only guy to really be concerned on.

21 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Healthy is the key word

What’s your O/U on how many games he plays this season?

53 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

What’s your O/U on how many games he plays this season?

I hope alot. I have him on a few teams.

I like Alvarez more than Judge.  I dont trust Judge's health, so take the high upside bat in Yordan

23 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

I hope alot. I have him on a few teams.

So do I lol so hoping for at least 130. 

2 hours ago, 1stto3rd said:

Yordan. Can't trust Judge at this point.

I wouldn’t go that far. He had 2 freak injuries. He’s not Stanton.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:46 PM, Thenewwildone8 said:

I wouldn’t go that far. He had 2 freak injuries. He’s not Stanton.

He has barely played 100 games in back to back seasons and is already experiencing issues in spring training...I'm not counting him out completely but it's certainly worrisome.

2 hours ago, 1stto3rd said:

He has barely played 100 games in back to back seasons and is already experiencing issues in spring training...I'm not counting him out completely but it's certainly worrisome.

I agree, I’m just trying to stay optimistic.