Jor357

Jordan Montgomery 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, id10t said:

It's weird, I've seen it on Yahoo before, like last year with Eickhoff not appearing in the early part of the season in some leagues.

It's gotta have something to do with league settings.

https://ibb.co/R3BCjBw

I'm guessing it's because he's only P eligible in Yahoo, so if your league doesn't have that roster slot active, he won't be available.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tale of Two Fisters said:

I'm guessing it's because he's only P eligible in Yahoo, so if your league doesn't have that roster slot active, he won't be available.

This is definitely it. DM’d Yahoo Fantasy Help on Twitter they confirmed he’d need to make 3 starts to be ‘seen’ in our league that doesn’t use ‘P’ as a position. Last year he didn’t make enough appearances as a RP or SP to qualify at either to start this year. Really sucks especially in a short season. We are using Mike Montgomery as a placeholder for him in our league so someone was able to draft him.

18 hours ago, bronxbomber2627 said:

This is definitely it. DM’d Yahoo Fantasy Help on Twitter they confirmed he’d need to make 3 starts to be ‘seen’ in our league that doesn’t use ‘P’ as a position. Last year he didn’t make enough appearances as a RP or SP to qualify at either to start this year. Really sucks especially in a short season. We are using Mike Montgomery as a placeholder for him in our league so someone was able to draft him.

Good to know.

My league has defined SP and RP slots, nothing for just P.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, marble_donut said:

Was terrible against the Phillies and next start is against the Braves in a 1-start week. Feel like dropping him. 

His track record indicates he could be a decent fantasy 4 or 5 SP. I think he is more a matchup guy though in fantasy.  I would not risk it against the Braves unless you have no better options.

Yanks have not been playing well the past 2 days\3 games.  Nola shut them down and they really were feasting mainly on the horrid Phils pen.  Defense has been lousy. And the starting pitching was generally bad.

Edited by secretagentman

16 hours ago, secretagentman said:

His track record indicates he could be a decent fantasy 4 or 5 SP. I think he is more a matchup guy though in fantasy.  I would not risk it against the Braves unless you have no better options.

Yanks have not been playing well the past 2 days\3 games.  Nola shut them down and they really were feasting mainly on the horrid Phils pen.  Defense has been lousy. And the starting pitching was generally bad.

Looking ahead the next two starts after that are Rays and Mets I think? So maybe a drop now and then pick up after the Braves game.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, marble_donut said:

Looking ahead the next two starts after that are Rays and Mets I think? So maybe a drop now and then pick up after the Braves game.

If you play in a deep league and drop Montgomery, he will likely be claimed on waivers by someone imo.  In a shallow league that would be another matter.

Edited by secretagentman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone rolling him out against the Braves today??

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2020 at 2:13 AM, Tale of Two Fisters said:

This is why... He is available in my league 

1 hour ago, checkers said:

This guy still not available in Yahoo league... wth ??

Edited by hockeyfan77