Evincar

Willie Calhoun 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

General rule of thumb is you need 1000-1500 ABs to know what a player is at the MLB level. We don't yet have that for Calhoun. 

Exactly. Which is why it's insanity for people to just say he'll be fine and move on. He could be an annual 300+ hitter with 30+ bombs. He could be a bust struggling to hit well enough to stay in the majors. Nobody can possibly know if he'll be fine or not like you can with more established stars of the game. We're all in for the lottery ticket, but he is a gamble. 

Posted (edited)

But anyone waiting a thousand ABs will never own a player at that point in any league.  You can't go by that in fantasy leagues.  Definitely 100% in dynasty and keepers.  But even in re-drafts owners want the next new big thing.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

18 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

Still holding in Dynasties?  

Most definitely. He will get better. I still think getting hit in the jaw has to be on his mind. He will get going sooner than later. When he does, you’ll regret dropping him. I’d be trying to buy very low on him if I didn’t have already in all of my leagues lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaGreatest said:

Most definitely. He will get better. I still think getting hit in the jaw has to be on his mind. He will get going sooner than later. When he does, you’ll regret dropping him. I’d be trying to buy very low on him if I didn’t have already in all of my leagues lol.

Yeah I agree it seems all rooted in the broken jaw.  A Rangers fan mentioned in a league I'm in that he has been interviewed saying he is still really uncomfortable standing in against lefties.  Getting over something like this could be hard.  If he can he is golden again.  If not, well I don't want to think about that scenario.