JormaJormala

CORONAVIRUS threatening to end NBA season early?

all of the guys from okc jazz game are quarantened in their locker rooms, they aint moving until everyone is in the clear

and btw rudy was never in the arena today, he was in the hotel room and later in the hospital

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

This is just brutal man. I get it’s just fantasy but all these hours that we’ve put into research, working the wire... frustrating 

Yep, it's a gut punch.  Rolling into fantasy PO's in 8 leagues with 3 byes and good prospects of more than doubling my total buy-in ($1,050).  

For the four leagues where I am commissioner, assuming the season is cancelled I will disburse payouts based on final standings.  I'm inclined to believe whoever is leading in the standings after 5 months has earned it.  

• Like 1

The best basketball on right now is this college game. Big East tournament game involving some sh*t called the DePaul Blue Demons. At first glance I thought it was Duke.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan listen lol. Time for some Netflix.

1 hour ago, NoahsArc said:

What about those of us already in the playoffs...

Good question! Some talk about Commissioners splitting the pot amongst all playoff teams and some are waiting for Yahoo Fantasy and what they will do with leagues (ie. Close, rank based on current position, record, etc.). So who knows because this is obviously unprecedented.

34 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Just looking through all posts now, sorry not trying to nitpick your posts but this is again very bad reasoning, not to mention your mortality rate of the coronavirus is wrong. It's not 1%.

Yes, most of the deaths are from people who are elders or have underlying health problems, but we need to work together to reduce the spread to those people. It's not just about you, me, or someone else who will likely recover from it. Your older family members, friends, coworkers, etc who you interact with is at a much higher risk if you get it.

Exactly.  People are just trying to sound smart when the world leaders are trying to figure out how to contain this serious situation by saying it's not worse than the flu.  You think world leaders want their economy to tank?  They literally have done a ton of stuff to try to contain it even before you hear about it.  You can't make this stuff up.  Citizens thinking they are smarter than the ones who are actually doing all the work and planning to make things better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

ESPN is so trash they probs haven't even realised yet

• Haha 2

Woj just said on sports center that initial talks are season will resume but very shortened 

Whoever wins it all this year gets a big fat * next to their title

54 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Woj just said on sports center that initial talks are season will resume but very shortened 

I'm sure they have to quarantine Utah's players so atleast no games for 2 weeks?

5 minutes ago, DoubleMcChickenn said:

I'm sure they have to quarantine Utah's players so atleast no games for 2 weeks?

probably no games for 2-3 weeks at the minimum and then the rest of the season will be played without fans.   Ronnie2k will be asked to simulate the crowd using ps4 graphics 

• Like 1

Watch players start exaggerating their injuries to avoid games lol.

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

you were right

Unfortunately.

I have been stashing resources for the last 4 weeks and felt amazingly stupid about it. But now I feel pretty, pretty, preeeeetty smart.

I did hope that I could watch NBA basketball and chill after the world goes to shutdown mode, but obviously looking it back now... It was never going to happen.

Take care of yourselves managers all around world. We will be back. 

1 hour ago, Quazza said:

ESPN is so trash they probs haven't even realised yet

ESPN listing Rudy Gobert (infected with a deadly bioweapon) as DTD. Waiting for his three missed games. Maybe we'll get IR eligibility in October 2020.

rg.png

7 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Unfortunately.

I have been stashing resources for the last 4 weeks and felt amazingly stupid about it. But now I feel pretty, pretty, preeeeetty smart.

I did hope that I could watch NBA basketball and chill after the world goes to shutdown mode, but obviously looking it back now... It was never going to happen.

Take care of yourselves managers all around world. We will be back. 

I think fantasy basketball season is done. I play in yahoo and i dont see them wanting to update their server to add more weeks of games. I can obviously be wrong but i feel them saying whoever is in 1st place after tonights game is the champion.

the team plane used to fly utah jazz to the oklahoma city was later used to fly both orlando magic and memphis grizzlies in recent days...

Just now, L3onD said:

the team plane used to fly utah jazz to the oklahoma city was later used to fly both orlando magic and memphis grizzlies in recent days...

Ok so test every player, get results back 1-2 days, quarantine who is affected, and let the rest continue? Simple.

I know we all feel bad, you know some of us played in really competitive leagues, put so much time and effort into this, and really became attached. But this really has the threat to not just screw over the fantasy season, but the NBA season. Imagine how those NBA players would feel, considering how much work and effort they put to possibly win the championship this year. Think of LeBron and the Lakers, thats 1 more year of his prime and this year really seemed like they would win it too did so many things right. Ouch honestly.

Just now, terminator10 said:

Ok so test every player, get results back 1-2 days, quarantine who is affected, and let the rest continue? Simple.

im saying the same thing but it obviously is not that simple, it can very well end up being that the whole jazz team has contracted the disease...who plays for the jazz in that case? they have to trace back all people that were in contact with one another...plus u have to think about at the end of the day when everyone goes home, what happens then? this could very well end up being an outbreak among the nba players and staff

16 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I think fantasy basketball season is done. I play in yahoo and i dont see them wanting to update their server to add more weeks of games. I can obviously be wrong but i feel them saying whoever is in 1st place after tonights game is the champion.

Well Fantrax is very customable so we can easily finish the season if we want with whatever games might be played later. It will not be fair at all, but I already have some ideas about "corona compensation" and injured players like KAT and Simmons suspended rest of the way.

Saying that I do not know if there will be games to be played and even if there is would it be worth it to try finish the fantasy season out. I do hate quitting so knowing myself I probably will find a way to get back to it if NBA gets back to it...