JormaJormala

CORONAVIRUS threatening to end NBA season early?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Quazza said:

Can I ask why the fk you guys don't have free health care ?? 

 

Here in Aus you can get a dr to come and see at night (a locum ) for free then go through a drive through that tests you (also free ) the next day 

 

Because that's how it should be 

Free HC...like Italy?

We don’t have free HC because we enjoy quality. Like cancer survival rates. Everyone love their free HC until they need it for something serious. I’m about 20 minutes from Windsor, CA and Canadians often cross the border when they need quality HC that includes research and development. 
That said, we do have an access issue that needs to be solved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’m about 20 minutes from Windsor, CA and Canadians often cross the border when they need quality HC that includes research and development. 

can you elaborate what this means?  What services and procedures are Canadians seeking in the US?   

Edited by Gile Pile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

can you elaborate what this means?  What services and procedures are Canadians seeking in the US?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2016-08-03/canadians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care%3fcontext=amp
 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health/63-000-canadians-left-the-country-for-medical-treatment-last-year-fraser-institute-1.3486635
 

Here are a few links. I can’t find the one from the Detroit Free Press I believe from a few years back that was specific to our area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you know that this is a lost season when we all start bickering over economics. see you next time around all.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Oh, I see that  the Fraser Institute is the source. The famous right-wing loudspeaker in  Canada founded by tobacco companies, big oil and Koch brothers.  Not the most trusted source, for years they have been calling for privatization of everything, from public school  system to healthcare.  And the CTV article that you quotes literally has this:

"Since there is no readily available data on Canadians leaving the country for medical care, Fraser Institute relied on its surveys of Canadian physicians in 12 specialties, including neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, cardiovascular surgery, urology and oncology.
The institute asked the specialists to approximate the percentage of their patients who received non-emergency treatment outside of Canada in the previous 12 months. Based on that data, the institute estimates that 63,459 Canadians left the country for non-urgent medical care in 2016."

I approximate that I can be an NBA player. 😁

I am out,  will be back when NBA resumes. 

And almost forgot, US citizens are seeking health care outside the country: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-is-rand-paul-going-to-canada-for-surgery#Medical-care-north-of-the-border

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

Oh, I see that  the Fraser Institute is the source. The famous right-wing loudspeaker in  Canada founded by tobacco companies, big oil and Koch brothers.  Not the most trusted source, for years they have been calling for privatization of everything, from public school  system to healthcare.  And the CTV article that you quotes literally has this:

"Since there is no readily available data on Canadians leaving the country for medical care, Fraser Institute relied on its surveys of Canadian physicians in 12 specialties, including neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, cardiovascular surgery, urology and oncology.
The institute asked the specialists to approximate the percentage of their patients who received non-emergency treatment outside of Canada in the previous 12 months. Based on that data, the institute estimates that 63,459 Canadians left the country for non-urgent medical care in 2016."

I approximate that I can be an NBA player. 😁

I am out,  will be back when NBA resumes. 

And almost forgot, US citizens are seeking health care outside the country: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-is-rand-paul-going-to-canada-for-surgery#Medical-care-north-of-the-border

Lool. Check. Mate. Well done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Oh, I see that  the Fraser Institute is the source. The famous right-wing loudspeaker in  Canada founded by tobacco companies, big oil and Koch brothers.  Not the most trusted source, for years they have been calling for privatization of everything, from public school  system to healthcare.  And the CTV article that you quotes literally has this:

"Since there is no readily available data on Canadians leaving the country for medical care, Fraser Institute relied on its surveys of Canadian physicians in 12 specialties, including neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, cardiovascular surgery, urology and oncology.
The institute asked the specialists to approximate the percentage of their patients who received non-emergency treatment outside of Canada in the previous 12 months. Based on that data, the institute estimates that 63,459 Canadians left the country for non-urgent medical care in 2016."

I approximate that I can be an NBA player. 😁

I am out,  will be back when NBA resumes. 

And almost forgot, US citizens are seeking health care outside the country: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-is-rand-paul-going-to-canada-for-surgery#Medical-care-north-of-the-border

Lol that’s how numbers work. You know that, right? Like, we don’t know population, it’s an approximation. We don’t know how many have Coronavirus, it’s an approximation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

Lool. Check. Mate. Well done.

Imagine not understanding numbers and thinking that was well done 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol Canadians are so weird

"WHY DON'T YOU HAVE HEALTHCARE LIKE WE DO, OURS IS THE BEST?!?!"

No one is as concerned about anything that happens to another countries population as much as Canadians are concerned with how much Americans pay (or don't, if you're healthy).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but you guys gotta agree that its pretty ******** retarded that for ambulance services you have to pay more than 300$ upon exiting the premises of the hospitals...cmon, defending the US healthcare system at this point is pretty ridiculous, how many americans are not insured? 30? 40 million? or even more? u literally now have a bunch of people afraid of going to the hospitals to check themselves up for corona...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard an NBA agent on the radio this evening discussing the Force Majeure clause in the CBA.  His take is that just because it in the agreement doesn't mean it is going to be enforced.  Of course, what would an agent say?  However, he did say he thought there are potential implications on the salary cap since Basketball Related Income will be affected.  

We can speculate all we want but we really won't know until the 30 day period is over.  First, and foremost, is to take measures to reduce the scope of this pandemic and then sort out the next steps.  Assuming we are successful in that effort, and I hope we will be, then as we turn our attention to sports and the NBA, I would expect the NBA will try to roll the season calendar back to allow some of the postponed games to be played, even if they have to be moved due to venue issues.  I really don't see playing before empty arenas as an option going forward because that would show a lack of compassion and understanding if there were to still be public health concerns at the time league play resumed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, L3onD said:

but you guys gotta agree that its pretty ******** retarded that for ambulance services you have to pay more than 300$ upon exiting the premises of the hospitals...cmon, defending the US healthcare system at this point is pretty ridiculous, how many americans are not insured? 30? 40 million? or even more? u literally now have a bunch of people afraid of going to the hospitals to check themselves up for corona...

You're doing the thing lmao

Bro I'm a Democrat and I'm in favor of better healthcare but truth be told I couldn't give a f--- about poor people beyond that- like I'm not gonna make a huge deal about any yell about how they have a right to someone else's product and services.  "Sure, sure, whatever, I'll pay $100 more dollars a year to help them out, but I don't care enough to cry about it". 

I'm glad, though, that while I'm willing to cover the extra money, Canadians are willing to cover the extra "cry online" factor.  So you guys shout about it and feel superior because...your government coddles you better?  Weird flex but okay.  It's especially delicious because like 99% of the Canadians always lecturing me have worse insurance than I do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ncbobcats said:

 

Because there is more than 270 million guns in America and no politician would dare raise the taxes to the levels needed to pay for "free" health care. 

 

Lol this is such ignorance.

I'm a dual American citizen  who has lived in Australia now for nearly a decade and the notion that Medicare for all is prevented by anything other than greedy politicians who take money from the greedy insurance industry is ridiculous. 

We don't live as paupers, mate. I make more money here than I did in the U.S. and pay less taxes. My quality of life has greatly improved since moving here and that mostly has to do with excellent social services. And no I don't wait days to see a doctor. I make same day appoints all the time with no problem.

You're being lied to by people who profit by keeping you ignorant. The tax money you spend on a bloated over-sized military and subisidies to keep your failing banks afloat pale in comparison to what it would cost to have a collective healthcare plan. Why doesn't  the media or politicians complain about that? Follow the money and you will see.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owners of 270 million guns: no way am I going to allow my government to give me access to better healthcare.

 

Those same gun owners: Yeah I'm alright with a 1.5 trillion dollar bailout for billionaires (this literally happened two days ago)

 

What a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

You're doing the thing lmao

Bro I'm a Democrat and I'm in favor of better healthcare but truth be told I couldn't give a f--- about poor people beyond that- like I'm not gonna make a huge deal about any yell about how they have a right to someone else's product and services.  "Sure, sure, whatever, I'll pay $100 more dollars a year to help them out, but I don't care enough to cry about it". 

I'm glad, though, that while I'm willing to cover the extra money, Canadians are willing to cover the extra "cry online" factor.  So you guys shout about it and feel superior because...your government coddles you better?  Weird flex but okay.  It's especially delicious because like 99% of the Canadians always lecturing me have worse insurance than I do.

 

Nominee for most unintentionally ironic post of the season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

Owners of 270 million guns: no way am I going to allow my government to give me access to better healthcare.

 

Those same gun owners: Yeah I'm alright with a 1.5 trillion dollar bailout for billionaires (this literally happened two days ago)

 

What a joke

 

3skf6z.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, markdash said:

Because we think that giving something to everyone is socialism and must not be tolerated. If you give people free healthcare, what's next, just cutting them a check every month to be lazy while the rest of us slave away?!?!

 

Time to tell grandma you want to take her Medicare and social security away because you're sick of slaving away for her lazy commie a55 🤣

 

Edited by HarmStrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Srsly can't stop laughing about someone complaining about poor people getting to see a doctor but fine with "slaving away" to prevent billionaires from losing a few pennies

 

CLBAas2WsAAgUSh.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone talking about Medicare, I would just like to say that my wife is on Medicare so I can speak from experience that any government run health care sucks. (Let's not forget that the VA is government run health care as well)

Many doctors don't accept her insurance so finding somewhere she can go can be a headache. Many of the medications we have to pay out of pocket because it's not covered.

For over eight years I've had to watch her health suffer because she can't get into the doctors that might help her. 

So I have no faith in government run health care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm sorry to hear your wife is having difficulties, but that's an American problem, not a Medicare problem.

I have Medicare in Australia and see whichever doctor I want because we are all on the same system. Medicine is cheap because the government gets to collectively bargain on behalf of its 25 million citizens/customers.

It's amazing how simple and inexpensive things can be if everyone is working within the same system and that system isn't motivated by profit.

Edited by HarmStrong
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

I'm sorry to hear your wife is having difficulties, but that's an American problem, not a Medicare problem.

I have Medicare in Australia and see whichever doctor I want because we are all on the same system. Medicine is cheap because the government gets to collectively bargain on behalf of its 25 million citizens/customers.

It's amazing how simple and inexpensive things can be if everyone is working within the same system and that system isn't motivated by profit.

Yes, and sadly the US government doesn’t want cheaper healthcare. Never did. Big pharmaceutical making tons of money pricing them however they want. Fine if you are working and have work medical insurance but coverage is limited.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

I'm sorry to hear your wife is having difficulties, but that's an American problem, not a Medicare problem.

I have Medicare in Australia and see whichever doctor I want because we are all on the same system. Medicine is cheap because the government gets to collectively bargain on behalf of its 25 million citizens/customers.

It's amazing how simple and inexpensive things can be if everyone is working within the same system and that system isn't motivated by profit.

It’s amazing that one can’t figure out how much easier it is to provide for 25 million people, almost all on the East coast, and how providing for 400 million stretched across a large land mass might pose different challenges.

Your population is lower than Texas. It’s not comparable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

Nominee for most unintentionally ironic post of the season

Just saying, foreigners yelling about how they don't like American healthcare is always funny as f--- to me.  So try hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

Srsly can't stop laughing about someone complaining about poor people getting to see a doctor but fine with "slaving away" to prevent billionaires from losing a few pennies

 

CLBAas2WsAAgUSh.png

Ahhh the online socialist circlejerk.  It reminds me of the online atheist circlejerk ten years ago.  Same type of kids, same type of results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.