JormaJormala

CORONAVIRUS threatening to end NBA season early?

btw 4 nets players tested positive and the nets as they tend to do, are not saying who tested positive

Posted (edited)

Mitchell was asympotmatic and Gobert recovered in a day (cause he's not elderly), so this probably means nothing.  It's now almost lamer than a cold virus to an athlete except for some reason "testing positive" with no symptoms has become the bubonic plague.  

Edited by AJdude

9 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Durant was one of the guys that tested positive via Shams on twitter

Remember those Bill Simmons articles on Westbrook/Durant being like Avon/Stringer?

Now KD and Idris Elba both test positive...there's an article to this somewhere.

For all the owners who ran to the waiver wire to grab Durant, a force that's bigger than all of us straight up said you can't get away with it. Karma man...

47 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Remember those Bill Simmons articles on Westbrook/Durant being like Avon/Stringer?

Now KD and Idris Elba both test positive...there's an article to this somewhere.

That is so...BS...

Comparing KD to Avon or Stringer is just stupid. 

Those 2 fictional characters have more...characters than KD can ever wished or burner-account created. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Nice try Tom Chambers.

I prefer caremongering way https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51915723

Btw, I am wondering how do you feel about people receiving money for free?  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-wants-to-send-money-to-americans-in-next-two-weeks-amid-coronavirus-outbreak

Hong kong also sent every hk resident over 18 $10,000 in hkd. It's helpful if they aren't stopping rent/morgages. 

Edited by Raiiny
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

Hong kong also sent every hk resident over 18 $10,000 in hkd. It's helpful if they aren't stopping rent/morgages. 

Yep, that's a better way to do it. Those affected by the coronavirus should be able to apply for services that give them money to pay for rent, and essential needs during this crisis. It's better than stopping rent/mortgage which would just create a mess and many people will exploit it regardless of whether they're impacted by the virus.

Boy I sure wish we could all live as one. The entire world all one. Free health care. Everyone come to my house. Couch the size of the China Wall. We got to get it together now. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Boy I sure wish we could all live as one. The entire world all one. Free health care. Everyone come to my house. Couch the size of the China Wall. We got to get it together now. 

I know this isn't serious, but still... Oh hell nah. I hate people. You can just off me. 

On 3/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, srb said:

We have a flu vaccine and things in place to manage the flu. 

True....

But I know I personally had paid very little attention to the flu and never thought it was a big deal because of what you mention.  I started looking closer after this whole thing started.  

But these numbers from the US have reminded me that the flu is something to be taken much more seriously than maybe I've been led to believe.  I mean, the worldwide corona cases so far are still nothing compared to the flu....And these are just US numbers....

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

It just boggles my mind that we don't hear more about the flu than we do.  Yeah....We have a flu vaccine....And we STILL see these kinds of numbers....

On 3/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, Backdoor Slider said:

Talk to me when we’re refusing treatment and choosing who dies. 

Following up on this post. Our confirmed cases as a country is outpacing Italy. We're at 3/18 now - 7,324 (USA), 2,480 (NY), 718 (CA). Source (FYI not mobile friendly).

There are many variables to consider (e.g. lack of testing in US noted in the doc, as well as differences in population), and the numbers look really bleak for us. We have a chance to be more prepared and more socially responsible to avert Italy's **** show, but it's honestly not looking great. Whether we have superior healthcare in comparison to the world or not, exponential growth of cases will overwhelm the capacity of hospitals and doctors/nurses. I'd like to call on everyone to take social distancing seriously.

FFS, please don't be this stupid:

9 minutes ago, darkyume said:

Following up on this post. Our confirmed cases as a country is outpacing Italy. We're at 3/18 now - 7,324 (USA), 2,480 (NY), 718 (CA). Source (FYI not mobile friendly).

There are many variables to consider (e.g. lack of testing in US noted in the doc, as well as differences in population), and the numbers look really bleak for us. We have a chance to be more prepared and more socially responsible to avert Italy's **** show, but it's honestly not looking great. Whether we have superior healthcare in comparison to the world or not, exponential growth of cases will overwhelm the capacity of hospitals and doctors/nurses. I'd like to call on everyone to take social distancing seriously.

FFS, please don't be this stupid:

All true. Social distancing. Don’t be stupid. But why are we comparing raw numbers with Italy, when we have more than 6 times the population they do? 

On 3/14/2020 at 5:59 PM, Backdoor Slider said:

Universal Healthcare...like Italy. Who doesn’t have enough doctors and is now choosing who lives and who dies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/italy-falling-apart-coronavirus-pandemic-doctors-tough-choices-2020-3

Yeah, "inferior" Italian health system  still had 500,000 test swabs to send to the "superior" US system. Any comments?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/air-force-flew-500000-coronavirus-test-kits

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

All true. Social distancing. Don’t be stupid. But why are we comparing raw numbers with Italy, when we have more than 6 times the population they do? 

As I mentioned, there are differences (including population) to consider, but I still think it’s a good rough comparison of exponential growth and trajectory.

The fact that we have 6 times the population of Italy isn’t comforting in the very least to me. Eyeballing the growth in cases for US, it has only been taking 5-7 days to x6 the number of cases. That’s why it’s absolutely critical that we flatten the exponential curve.

Edit: for people who haven’t seen it yet, this article does a good job of visually portraying why social distancing is important.

Edited by darkyume

5 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Yeah, "inferior" Italian health system  still had 500,000 test swabs to send to the "superior" US system. Any comments?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/air-force-flew-500000-coronavirus-test-kits

Yeah. I’ll look for “number of test swabs” next time I compare health care systems, not how they’re treating patients, or whether they’re living or dying. Good call. 

5 minutes ago, darkyume said:

As I mentioned, there are differences (including population) to consider, but I still think it’s a good rough comparison of exponential growth and trajectory.

The fact that we have 6 times the population of Italy isn’t comforting in the very least to me. Eyeballing the growth in cases for US, it has only been taking 5-7 days to x6 the number of cases. 

Yeah I guess I’m saying I’m expecting it to still grow exponentially and the raw numbers will be (of course) higher than Italy. We should continue to look at % if we’re making accurate comparisons.

I have made calculations how this corona thing plays out...in countries (and people) that take it seriously. It is going to hit us hard inside two weeks and then it gets worse...and worse...and worse... Until early May. Then, if proper actions have been inserted, the curve might start to flatten out.

Now... USA does NOT look that good right now. The resources and knowledge is all there, but can you pull it together? I´m not betting on late April or early May to be the worst of it there. It might be Summer of Corona.

Let see how it plays out. Protect yourselves guys. Protect real good. I´m praying for you.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Yeah I guess I’m saying I’m expecting it to still grow exponentially and the raw numbers will be (of course) higher than Italy. We should continue to look at % if we’re making accurate comparisons.

Not sure what you feel is inaccurate, because I was comparing the exponential growth and trajectory between Italy and US. The fact that US population is higher by a factor of 6 is irrelevant, because that difference has been wiped out within roughly 5-7 days as I have noted in my previous post. If you want to go by % of population affected by COVID-19, then all you would need to do is to shift the days (for US) up by 5-7 days and you'd have the comparison you're looking for.

Edited by darkyume

24 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I have made calculations how this corona thing plays out...in countries (and people) that take it seriously. It is going to hit us hard inside two weeks and then it gets worse...and worse...and worse... Until early May. Then, if proper actions have been inserted, the curve might start to flatten out.

Now... USA does NOT look that good right now. The resources and knowledge is all there, but can you pull it together? I´m not betting on late April or early May to be the worst of it there. It might be Summer of Corona.

Let see how it plays out. Protect yourselves guys. Protect real good. I´m praying for you.

US are a step behind. Plus people are still not listening. They're still going out, panic shopping all of the supplies, etc... I think this was mentioned already, but Martial Law might have to kick in. Just for a short bit to get this under control.

I am not surprised at all that people In the USA are still not listening  to corona recommendations. 

Current USA  population does not have collective memory of very bad times that affect everyone  for extended period of time.   Watching bad things on TV is not the same as actually going through them.  And I am afraid that this will cause things to get worse than they should be.

Last war   or natural disaster that affected the entire  US territory   was  American War of  Independence 1775–1783 . Hurricane Katrina,  9/11 and other similar events on US soil affected very limited areas in limited time.  When rest of the world was devastated in World War 2 for 6 years, MLB seasons were  still going on.  US soil was unaffected (with the exception of Pearl Harbor)

Europe, Asia and the rest of the world has those memories.  People living there  still remember  how bad things can be and are actually listening to the officials. I still remember my grandma stories about food reductions in WW2.