JormaJormala

CORONAVIRUS threatening to end NBA season early?

its about goberts illness

• Haha 1

CXMbdyYX_normal.jpg
Keith Smith

@KeithSmithNBA
· 4m
Thunder broadcast team is saying that due to Rudy Gobert's illness, the officials have put the game in a delay. They are now waiting for confirmation from the NBA if they should play the game or not.

I bet it was CP3 who saw Gobert on the injury report with an illness and pointed it out to the refs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my bet is they’re canceling this game...hope not

This is getting out of hand.  So anyone sick means the game is cancelled?  Ugh, I hope they just ensure that NOBODY sick attends the game then (or at least checks players for CNV before each game).

1 minute ago, MWon said:

This is getting out of hand.  So anyone sick means the game is cancelled?  Ugh, I hope they just ensure that NOBODY sick attends the game then (or at least checks players for CNV before each game).

as of tmrw you best believe that no ones gonna be in those arenas except the players and staff...

Posted (edited)

So you are sick and still show up to the arena? Ok cool but now you were in the locker room spreading your germs so now what? They gonna test every jazz player and staff that was near him? So stupid to postpone over 1 sick player. Does he even have the coronavirus?

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

my guess is no fans at pels-kings game

5 minutes ago, MWon said:

Interested to know what gobert's illness was. I recall a bunch of other players having the flu in recent days. 

Here we go. Fantasy playoffs are going to be a shizzshow.

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

So you are sick and still show up to the arena? Ok cool but now you were in the locker room spreading your germs so now what? They gonna test every jazz player and staff that was near him? So stupid to postpone over 1 sick player. Does he even have the coronavirus?

If he has symptoms that are Corona Virus like, and he ends up testing positive.. How is this a bad thing? 

Say he has now infected a few team mates that are now contagious without symptoms, and they handle the ball and then they infect OKC players, refs.. 

It's the right call. 

• Like 1

So this is how the NBA season ends.  Not with a bang, but with a cough.

Also: 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

If he has symptoms that are Corona Virus like, and he ends up testing positive.. How is this a bad thing? 

Say he has now infected a few team mates that are now contagious without symptoms, and they handle the ball and then they infect OKC players, refs.. 

It's the right call. 

Just saying if he does have it who knows how many players were around him could be the whole team who knows. 2 weeks off for jazz players? Aka NBA hiatus 

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

This is crazy. To impact fantasy playoffs like this...

My 12 team league is considering canceling our season and everyone getting refunds for the money they put in

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mamba247 said:

My 12 team league is considering canceling our season and everyone getting refunds for the money they put in

Eh if i didnt/cant make the playoffs i would be ecstatic for this. If i was in first place all season f--- no this is not acceptable. If i was a fringe playoff team cancel lol you see how it works? Some will not be happy.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Eh if i didnt/cant make the playoffs i would be ecstatic for this. If i was in first place all season f--- no this is not acceptable. If i was a fringe playoff team cancel lol you see how it works? Some will not be happy.

I 100% agree but this is big money on the line. So we're at least considering it

Eh if i didnt/cant make the playoffs i would be ecstatic for this. If i was in first place all season f--- no this is not acceptable. If i was a fringe playoff team cancel lol you see how it works? No one will be happy.

it would kinda be a story book ending for the fantasy season the way the whole season has gone with inj/suspensions ect

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mamba247 said:

I’m commissioner of my league and might do the same. I’m second place but I don’t care anymore this entire season has been comical and can’t end soon enough 

• Like 4