JormaJormala

CORONAVIRUS threatening to end NBA season early?

On 3/1/2020 at 7:59 AM, alexstr said:

Has the NBA season ever been cancelled over the flu?

Because that kills hundreds of thousands of people a year and is highly contagious

My response to everyone who make that argument is that coronavirus is fairly new compared to the general flu so it's definitely not comparable to the total number of people who died from it. It's better to look at the mortality rate rather than total number of deaths.

It's kind of like saying Steve Kerr has more total points than Luka so Kerr is the better scorer. Sounds a bit off, doesn't it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mbroo5880i said:

I agree.  Unfortunately, no one could predict how significantly the virus would proliferate in Italy and Germany.  I wonder why the UK wasn't included in the ban.

1 minute ago, mbroo5880i said:

I agree.  Unfortunately, no one could predict how significantly the virus would proliferate in Italy and Germany.  I wonder why the UK wasn't included in the ban.

Very "strict" borders UK aint letting people in according to trump

Despite so many news and info I still don't know what to think of this or what to do.

What Gobert did to those mics is what my common sense is doing to me: "IT'S ALL OK, DON'T WORRY IT WON'T HAPPEN TO YOU!"

Tomorrow I will know if I still have classes or not, and I don't want to think about my effin job,

This shiiet is gettin serious af.  Good luck

• Like 1

Gotcha.  I thought I read about cases in the UK.  Unfortunately, the damage is done since the virus is in the U.S.  I am not certain how much impact the travel ban will really have on slowly its spread.

On 3/1/2020 at 6:48 PM, alexstr said:

Some numbers: 

In the 4-month span from October '19 to February '20, there have been at least 32 million flu cases, 310,000 flu hospitalizations, and 18,000 flu deaths in the US alone.

No hysteria and talk about cancelling the NBA season.

But all of a sudden...there's a slightly different strain of flu....that is killing around 1% of people (mostly old and immunocompromized...just like...you know...the flu) in a poor, rural part of China with horrible health care and infrastructure....and it's the apocalypse and we need to cancel the NBA season.

lol

Just looking through all posts now, sorry not trying to nitpick your posts but this is again very bad reasoning, not to mention your mortality rate of the coronavirus is wrong. It's not 1%.

Yes, most of the deaths are from people who are elders or have underlying health problems, but we need to work together to reduce the spread to those people. It's not just about you, me, or someone else who will likely recover from it. Your older family members, friends, coworkers, etc who you interact with is at a much higher risk if you get it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, driss lol said:

f--- the lakers

No way they were beating the Clippers 4 times anyways lol.

lonzo a goat, shootin bricks all alone in front of the whole arena

• Haha 2

so thats it, boban goat, 31p, 17rbs...the last great performance!

11 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

No way they were beating the Clippers 4 times anyways lol.

Assumptions lol, like Miami winning the east

2 minutes ago, L3onD said:

lonzo a goat, shootin bricks all alone in front of the whole arena

And that was the only NBA live action I saw today.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Assumptions lol, like Miami winning the east

The Heat swept the Bucks, swept the Raptors, and 3-1 the Sixers. Who was really robbed? Lol.

I play in a league with close friends, thats pretty high stakes, and we locked waiver transactions until theres an announcement on when play will resume. 

i mean, what they’re probably gonna do is test all of the guys that are involved in the teams everyday business and see if there are any other cases, if everything checks out okay, they’re gonna proceed with the games in empty arenas...either that or this season is just cancelled, this **** is not going to stop now or in 2,3 months

32 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I was told by the commander of chief if I have the virus I could go to work. 

Come on... you honestly think he passed it to Monday on purpose? 

Naw he passed it to Thursday 

• Haha 1

Just now, Trench Mob said:

The Heat swept the Bucks, swept the Raptors, and 3-1 the Sixers. Who was really robbed? Lol.

regular season doesn't matter, they just lost to the Hornets, they're 7-9 their last 16 games

We've been waiting for the next player to be suspended when it was going to be the league that'll suspend itself lol

• Haha 2

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

regular season doesn't matter, they just lost to the Hornets, they're 7-9 their last 16 games

they're 7-9 their last 16 games

regular season doesn't matter

I can do that too lol.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

I can do that too lol.

exactly, but the Heat got worse with the trade lol, Iggy washed up

Edited by DezedandConfused