FlashGordon401

A.J. Green 2020 Outlook

14 hours ago, nn4mz said:

Riding him out for another week or two.

I cant afford to drop him and have another team pick him up, only to see him go off.

You're thinking about it all wrong. I'm dropping Green this week, hoping my opponent or someone else picks him up and plays him. I'd love my opponent to start Green and get a 2/20/0 stat line. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

You're thinking about it all wrong. I'm dropping Green this week, hoping my opponent or someone else picks him up and plays him. I'd love my opponent to start Green and get a 2/20/0 stat line. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

At this point.....Id be surprised he even gets a 2/20/0 line. Green is a WR 6 in 16 team leagues now and going foward.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

At this point.....Id be surprised he even gets a 2/20/0 line. Green is a WR 6 in 16 team leagues now and going foward.

I bet Cincy feels stupid giving him $18 Million this year

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MurderInc said:

Makes sense.  He’s on my bench.  Not starting.

Edited by nn4mz

He's been on my bench all year because I keep waiting for a show me week before I dare start him and I'll probably stash him a little longer to see if things turn around but if someone interesting shows up on the waiver wire, he's easily my drop. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Monster Week said:

I bet Cincy feels stupid giving him $18 Million this year

He's done so much for that franchise tho, let him get that one final payday.

It's well deserved imo , been a stand up Bengal for most his career. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Pretty much. They weren't winning anything this year no matter what they spent that money on

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

C'mon AJ ... Come alive or please trade him Bengals

Ironically enough, I think the Eagles could use him right about now.

2 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I cut bait yesterday for herbert, aj grenn will not win you a league

This is true. He won't win your league and he very well could lose it for you. He was the deciding factor in why I lost last week. So, be careful with this guy. If you want him on the end of your bench for a look-see a few more games, fine. But he can't be trusted at all. Boyd and Higgins look like they will be the consistent guys. Higgns probably has the highest ceiling.

• Like 1

I still think the the potential is there, but I don’t see how you can trust him until he puts up a solid game. I was just about to drop him, but amazingly enough was able to package him in a trade this week.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I cut bait yesterday for herbert, aj grenn will not win you a league

I don't think anyone's looking for him to win their league because of him. If they are they're in big trouble already. He's the perfect wr 5-6. If he starts up I'll move him very quickly to a desperate owner. If not we'd cut him and not lose any sleep over it. Most people that own him now got him for free

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11

The separation and them constantly saying "when he's in shape" is pretty concerning. I agree, he's a hold if you can but definitely look for other options to start. With the injuries, COVID, byes and all it is very difficult to keep an unproductive guy like him. He is a luxury at this point, if you want to call him that. :)

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

He’s looked like crap-   But he also didn’t play real football for over a year...and there was minimal prep time+ no preseason.   It’s not out of the realm of possibility that he needs to shake off some rust.   

or maybe he’s toast lol.    I’d like a few more weeks before assuming this. 

Those are all nice excuses, but this is fantasy and I don't care about your backstory, all I care about is points. 

I had this dude before. Allured in by that WR1 vibe and did not receive the value back. He'll have those odd 100/TD games where he'll look great, only to get injured a few weeks later and miss 2 weeks. Come back, but "gets eased in", so that's another bust week. That's AJ Green in bubble, and the injuries are worse as he gets older. 

Just now, Travis Burten said:

Those are all nice excuses, but this is fantasy and I don't care about your backstory, all I care about is points. 

I had this dude before. Allured in by that WR1 vibe and did not receive the value back. He'll have those odd 100/TD games where he'll look great, only to get injured a few weeks later and miss 2 weeks. Come back, but "gets eased in", so that's another bust week. That's AJ Green in bubble, and the injuries are worse as he gets older. 

Those emotions just run you don’t they? 

• Haha 1

It’s a changing of the guard this year....these once elite WRs need to realize where they’re at in their career and admit they and their body doesn’t have it anymore. 

Green, Julio, T.Y., ect....

• Like 1

I'm giving him one more week.  Mostly because whats on the waivers is nothing special.  Hope he blows up so I can try and get a sucker to trade for him on name value.

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

I'm giving him one more week.  Mostly because whats on the waivers is nothing special.  Hope he blows up so I can try and get a sucker to trade for him on name value.

That’s it right there.    It only takes one big game.   Maybe one big play.    

wouldn’t want to miss out on O Zaccaeus tho.   FOMO 

Posted (edited)

AJG rearranged is...JAG. 👀

But seriously, I think he’s worth a hold for another 1-2 weeks to see, depending on your league size, what’s on waivers, etc. 

Edited by Gandalfthecat
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

That’s it right there.    It only takes one big game.   Maybe one big play.    

wouldn’t want to miss out on O Zaccaeus tho.   FOMO 

Unless you're starting him no one is going to reap the benefits of that one big game. And no one should be starting him.

And if you have a sucker in your league that will trade for him, congrats you have a weak a** league.

• Like 1