FlashGordon401

A.J. Green 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

This isn't a rookie getting familiar with the league/system, or slowly increasing his snap share. This is a guy that Burrow looked to as his guy, fed him countless targets, and Green couldn't do anything with them. 

He's done. I couldn't imagine rostering him outside of a super deep league. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, itslarry said:

And if you have a sucker in your league that will trade for him, congrats you have a weak a** league.

 

These kind of comments are always super weak, and irrelevant.  You don't know what size league or format any poster is playing in.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, itslarry said:

Unless you're starting him no one is going to reap the benefits of that one big game. And no one should be starting him.

And if you have a sucker in your league that will trade for him, congrats you have a weak a** league.

 

whew that’s some straight 🔥 Larry.   
 

im pretty sure I do have a sucker who would fancy AJG should he put up a big game.    
 

And maybe the sucker is right....

Edited by Impreza178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BOYD SAYS GREEN WILL STILL HAVE 1,000 YARDS: Veteran wide receiver A.J. Green is off to an extraordinarily slow start to this season with only 14 catches (on 33 targets) for 116 yards and no touchdowns, but Boyd said he expects Green's production to escalate.

"He will have a lot more games to come back and he'll hit 1,000 yards," said Boyd. "He's still the best receiver (on the team). Just because the games don't come to him and it's not flowing to him and he's not flashing that anything is wrong. I don't think anything is wrong, I just think everything is going to come once opportunity hits."

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green's Week 2 performance against Cleveland was one of the worst I've ever seen from an NFL wide receiver. Turning 13 targets into 29 yards, limping everywhere and bobbling the stuff he actually did catch. I thought the dude was recovering from an ankle sprain... he looks like he's re-learning the position out there. 

It just blows my mind that this is the same dude who was WR8 before going down in 2018. Two years? Sure. But not a lifetime ago. 32 is old and a slow down is to be expected especially after missing 1.5 years due to nagging injury. I just never thought Green's drop off would take him from WR1 to WR5 so quickly. This leads me to believe that he will find a middle ground this season as a WR3/4. I just can't believe he's this bad. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

BOYD SAYS GREEN WILL STILL HAVE 1,000 YARDS: Veteran wide receiver A.J. Green is off to an extraordinarily slow start to this season with only 14 catches (on 33 targets) for 116 yards and no touchdowns, but Boyd said he expects Green's production to escalate.

"He will have a lot more games to come back and he'll hit 1,000 yards," said Boyd. "He's still the best receiver (on the team). Just because the games don't come to him and it's not flowing to him and he's not flashing that anything is wrong. I don't think anything is wrong, I just think everything is going to come once opportunity hits."

giphy.gif

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I’ll take Boyd’s word over some dudes meme. 


AJG is still the elder statesman in that room and a guy that all the WRs undoubtedly look up to. What’s the guy supposed to say? “Yeah he looks pretty washed out there, not sure why Burrow even throws it to him when me and Higgins are out there.” Boyd is being a team player and saying what he is supposed to say. 
 

Forget the words, I don’t care whose mouth they are coming out of. Look at the numbers. Look at this guy on the field. What does that tell you? This happens to guys at a certain point in their career, particularly one that has been decimated by injuries piling up year after year. He’s not the same player anymore. It’s tough because this guy was a beast in his prime. But so was Andre Johnson, or Gronk, until they weren’t anymore. You can trust what you are seeing with your eyes or you can hold onto a memory of AJG and hang onto any positive word of affirmation his own teammate has to say about him.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, afro insomniac said:

Boyd trying to keep defenses pinned on Green so he continues to eat, well played. 😂

tenor.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a matter of time before he's hurt again. Not wishing that on him just based on his history. I don't think he's worth a roster spot. Low ceiling. Low floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If everyone's right and it's a changing of the guard, maybe they'll move him then. Regardless I'm holding. There's nothing out there on my waiver. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're holding onto Green, you are either 1) a Bengal fan, 2) having nostalgia because Green helped you win a fanasy tilte in 2015, or 3) you play in a 16+ team league.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

If you're holding onto Green, you are either 1) a Bengal fan, 2) having nostalgia because Green helped you win a fanasy tilte in 2015, or 3) you play in a 16+ team league.

No, no and no. Option 4 please. Big benches = nothing out there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big game coming up. Why will he finally have a big game you ask?.... well...this will be the first week he will be on my bench. eh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at the Eagles game , slay was locked onto him the whole entire game. If he's truly "washed" then teams will realize this and believe it too, then they will start to put their shutdown corner on boyd. Once that happens Green will eat if I'm going off of the negative Green people. The Eagles do stupid things so maybe that's it but why would they waste Slay the entire game if they thought he was washed up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

If you look at the Eagles game , slay was locked onto him the whole entire game. If he's truly "washed" then teams will realize this and believe it too, then they will start to put their shutdown corner on boyd. Once that happens Green will eat if I'm going off of the negative Green people. The Eagles do stupid things so maybe that's it but why would they waste Slay the entire game if they thought he was washed up?


Unless they decide to lock Humphrey on Green. Peters isn’t much of downgrade from that either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gandalfthecat said:


Unless they decide to lock Humphrey on Green. Peters isn’t much of downgrade from that either. 

Well yeah this matchup. Should of been more clear about that. Meant about most teams that don't have two sweet CBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big name will draw coverage and attention for a bit longer than is warranted.  

This is on the opposite side of the ball, but I recall the Seahawks ruthlessly attacking the once-great Champ Bailey in the Superbowl after the 2013 season.

Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate went right after Bailey and completely exposed him during that 43-8 beat down.  And Bailey never played another down after that game iirc.

AJ Green is like that, now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in a 14 man league and I'm contemplating dropping him to stream a tight end bye week filler. I'm not going to regret this am I? From everything I see and hear, he looks cooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I’ll take Boyd’s word over some dudes meme. 

 

Apparently Tyler Boyd is a fantasy football god. He's always been right, except when he's been wrong. They've done studies, you know. 60 percent of the time, Tyler Boyd is right every time. However, in this case. I suspect come January 2021 Tyler Boyd's prediction will be seen as:

giphy.gif

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I'm in a 14 man league and I'm contemplating dropping him to stream a tight end bye week filler. I'm not going to regret this am I? From everything I see and hear, he looks cooked.

Gotta go with your gut. Most will say drop him. I'm one on the other side of that. If I HAD to drop him because I needed a starter I would if he was my worst piece on the bench. For something like that it's different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MurderInc said:

If you're holding onto Green, you are either 1) a Bengal fan, 2) having nostalgia because Green helped you win a fanasy tilte in 2015, or 3) you play in a 16+ team league.

4) You’ve got mad WR depth

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.