FlashGordon401

A.J. Green 2020 Outlook

Burrow looked really good. The main problem with AJ was drops and you just don't get old and forget how to catch, see Larry Fitzgerald. He will have better days with that target share and with the Bengals bad defense.

7 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Want me throwing too? Lol

First year I missed in AJG. I wasn’t really wanting him but the targets are nice. Didn’t get to watch much of game but where were the targets? Must be bad throws cause I know my boy don’t got rock hands

Some of them were bad throws and some of them were rock hands lol. You can tell he hasn't played a full football game in awhile. He was out there looking gassed nearly the whole game. He'll be up to speed soon enough.

I watched most of the game, and a lot of these throws were Burrow (even though he looks good.  I’m a happy Cincy fan).

Would have like him to cash on these targets, but I’ll take 13 all day.

Looking forward to it.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

He’s not getting much separation.

he never really did, did he? kinda like nuk and contested catches and sideline toe taps.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

?

We definitely saw different things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

This

Just now, nn4mz said:

?

We definitely saw different things.

You were watching hockey

• Haha 1

TBF Green didnt really need seperation. He had his long arms and great hands. He looks slower out there. He looked slow against the chargers too. He’s just older now

The pass in the end zone at the end it looked like his arm was definitely being held, would've salvaged the night

Edited by Novaray
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The final results were disappointing of course, but the high number of targets is still encouraging.  This game doesn't make me less likely to want to start Green next week.  Versus PHI should be another high scoring game.

5 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

he never really did, did he? kinda like nuk and contested catches and sideline toe taps.

He definitely always had that in his repertoire, but he used to get separation on downfield & crossing routes. 

1 minute ago, Novaray said:

The pass in the end zone at the end it looked like his arm was definitely being held, would've salvaged the night

100%

Just now, Novaray said:

They also called a PI on him against the chargers last week, that wouldve been a touchdown. 

He could have 2 easy ones if the refs werent bi polar

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

I watched the entire game to me it seemed like Burrow was throwing great passes and Green couldnt catch.

I also watched the entire game and saw Burrow miss Green on multiple plays. 

• Like 1

He looks slow and doesn’t get separation. Rust? Realizing he can’t keep up with the speed? Kind of saw that in his eyes a few times, hopefully bounces back. Game didn’t look promising.

Edited by apirate

53 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I also watched the entire game and saw Burrow miss Green on multiple plays. 

It was a bit of both .. to be honest with you. Don't think we can solely put the blame on either one.

A couple passes the defenders were even holding AJ , so not much he could do there.

He didn't look all that great out there on the field. But maybe I'm just a biased Boyd owner. 

• Like 1

Will likely have to go back and look at the tape. But I did find myself wondering, "Has he lost a step?" Like OBJ, it is too early to tell what he really is at this point. But if he strings together a few more high target, low production games, I think we will be one step closer to our answer. Being inactive for a full season, not having a preseason, and catching passes from a rookie QB might play some part in it. Chemistry matters and it looked off today. Don't care who is to blame.

This is the most frustrating boxscore I can remember in awhile. 

If someone had told You before the game that Burrow would throw it 61 times for 300+ yds and 3 scores and AJ would have had 13 targets what is a realistic stat line?

The good news is this Bengals D is going to be really really bad again and there is weekly shootout or garbage time potential for Green and Boyd with a very talented QB throwing it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Will likely have to go back and look at the tape. But I did find myself wondering, "Has he lost a step?" Like OBJ, it is too early to tell what he really is at this point. But if he strings together a few more high target, low production games, I think we will be one step closer to our answer. Being inactive for a full season, not having a preseason, and catching passes from a rookie QB might play some part in it. Chemistry matters and it looked off today. Don't care who is to blame.

You don’t say?

18 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

He has lost a step, there is no doubt about it, any hopes if hitting a massive steal in round 6 and him returning to pre-injury AJ are looking unlikely. But he still has WR2 upside, which is hard to find where he was drafted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RepoMan said:

He has lost a step, there is no doubt about it, any hopes if hitting a massive steal in round 6 and him returning to pre-injury AJ are looking unlikely. But he still has WR2 upside, which is hard to find where he was drafted.

This basically sums it up.

I think the next two weeks will be very telling. It's still a bit pre-mature to officially say, one way or another. 

• Like 1

This game is a good reason why targets alone don't tell the story.  Out of the 13 only 6 were really catchable(green should of had 2 more catches and a third that would of been difficult) and 6 were basically overthrown in his vicinity.  The other was a obvious PI in the end zone where the defender grabbed his right arm.  Do agree with many he didn't seem to get much separation.  Also we have to look at his usage.  He has not been running many crossing routes or being played in the slot.  As a Green owner in a league wish I could be more optimistic but until cincy line can give burrow anytime he's not looking anymore then a WR3 with upside.  Burrow was consistently pressured and taking the short throw.  Just didn't have the time to let plays fully develop.

• Like 2

People excited about the 13 targets but ignore the fact that burrow connected more with the other skill players including Boyd. And with the line being that bad burrow may learn to limit forcing things to just green which opens things up for everyone. And looking at this game it was Boyd, Sample, Mixon out there really making plays. Think the ceiling dropped just a tad and Boyd isn't as dead as people thought. And if they involve Mixon and gio more on quick outs then that's lowers it a tiny bit more

Edited by BeastOfTheLeast
  • Like 2