kjbruin

$250 Leaguesafe - Draft 3/21 5pm - 5x5 H2H

Well at this point who knows if/when the baseball season will start, but we are still planning to draft!

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 1:23 PM, kjbruin said:

Well at this point who knows if/when the baseball season will start, but we are still planning to draft!

I'm very interested in joining.  Any chance you can get rid of the second catcher?  If you can I'll pay either tonight or tomorrow.  I'd suggest converting from wins to quality starts as well, but I won't get greedy.

Also please quote this post so the reply appears in the notification section.

19 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

I'm very interested in joining.  Any chance you can get rid of the second catcher?  If you can I'll pay either tonight or tomorrow.  I'd suggest converting from wins to quality starts as well, but I won't get greedy.

Also please quote this post so the reply appears in the notification section.

Hey Magnus - yeah with 9 people already paid, I'm sure you can understand why I can't change any rules at this point.  Usually in the offseason/preseason there's some discussion about tweaking settings (we've had long discussions about W vs. QS - I think they're both very flawed), but once people start paying we are locked in with the draft time and settings.  Would be happy to have you join, but unfortunately no settings are changing for the 2020 season.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, kjbruin said:

Hey Magnus - yeah with 9 people already paid, I'm sure you can understand why I can't change any rules at this point.  Usually in the offseason/preseason there's some discussion about tweaking settings (we've had long discussions about W vs. QS - I think they're both very flawed), but once people start paying we are locked in with the draft time and settings.  Would be happy to have you join, but unfortunately no settings are changing for the 2020 season.  Thanks!

Alright I'm in.  I'll pay within the next day. 

When is draft positioning figured it out?  Also is pick trading allowed?  And if you only get 10 owners, rather than 12, would you still have a league take place?

4 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

Alright I'm in.  I'll pay within the next day. 

When is draft positioning figured it out?  Also is pick trading allowed?  And if you only get 10 owners, rather than 12, would you still have a league take place?

Cool.  We determine the draft order as soon as all 12 are paid up.  We do it KDS style (see post on league site for description).  I suppose 10-team would be an absolute last resort, but I've done this league the last 5 years and we have always filled up to 12.  So it shouldn't be an issue.

3 hours ago, kjbruin said:

Cool.  We determine the draft order as soon as all 12 are paid up.  We do it KDS style (see post on league site for description).  I suppose 10-team would be an absolute last resort, but I've done this league the last 5 years and we have always filled up to 12.  So it shouldn't be an issue.

Payment sent. Team name is the Springfield Isotopes and the leaguesafe name is Isotopes88.  So will draft pick trading be allowed?

14 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

Payment sent. Team name is the Springfield Isotopes and the leaguesafe name is Isotopes88.  So will draft pick trading be allowed?

Nice, welcome!  After doing KDS you should have your most preferred pick available, so I'm not sure who would want to trade.  But sure, it would be allowed if two teams wanted to swap.  If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a message.

Alright up to 10 paid, and a couple more people are on the fence.  2 spots left, first 2 people to pay are in!

Alright spot #11 has been reserved, so we are down to our final slot.  1 more and I can stop spamming this forum :)

6 hours ago, kjbruin said:

1 left...

For team settings there's two player slots for the category "NA".  What does NA represent?  Also for players starting the season in the minors can they be put in the IL section?

1 hour ago, Magnus88 said:

For team settings there's two player slots for the category "NA".  What does NA represent?  Also for players starting the season in the minors can they be put in the IL section?

Yeah so NA means "Not Active" and the slots are for stashing minor leaguers.  IL is only for injured players actually on the IL.  You can stash more than 2 minor leaguers if you want, but they'd just have to be in regular bench spots

You said that its weekly waivers, but it says on the league page waivers run every night.   If its weekly I have some interest as I don't have the time or energy to keep up with nightly waivers.