Flyman75

Dylan Bundy 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, steve9347 said:

I think we have an SP2 here. Of course, one against the A’s and two against the M’s... needs a test. 

That's a good point but this is basically how you would expect an upper echelon fantasy SP to perform vs a bad lineup. He has the dodgers coming up in 10 days or so, if he shuts down that lineup then it's time to really start to celebrate. 

Edited by EmbargoLifted

1 hour ago, steve9347 said:

I think we have an SP2 here. Of course, one against the A’s and two against the M’s... needs a test. 

True. But then again, this is the schedule he has this season. There’s no game with the Yankees looming. (Is there? 🤔)

I’m happy for the guy and agree that the change in scenery will mean different results.

But I’m skeptical he can make that big of a leap (for example, top 20) based on how bad his fastball is. 90 mph!

If anyone is willing to convince me otherwise I’m open to it

Dude just shut down / made the hot A's lineup look silly for 7 innings. 

I don't think I need to wait for the Dodgers to declare this guy a legit SP1.

Also might be a candidate for steal-of-the-draft. All the peripherals are checking out -- but the sample size is still way too small to say for sure of course.

Looking like an ace. 

Interestingly his four seam velo is down almost a tick but it is a lot more effective.  His walk rate is one of the best in baseball.

No need to draft pitchers nowadays it seems. Just grab them off waivers since new ones break out every year.

• Like 1

The A's are no slouch offense. They were ranked #12 in runs scored heading into this game, and according to Fangraphs "rest of season" projections, they have the 15th best projected offense going forward.

Bundy handled a really good major league lineup twice now (both starts vs the A's). 

Man really just put on the Doc Holliday facial hair, threw his fastball less and his secondary stuff more, and suddenly turned into an Ace

Was it me, or did Bundy  look somewhat like the old Bundy today?

4 minutes ago, Topgun said:

He was scheduled to start yesterday but they pushed him back a day. I’m guessing he wasn’t 100 percent going out there today. He looked like he was just trying to gut it out.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Topgun said:

Was listening in the car while driving, the commentator said it was crazy muggy and pretty much anything hit in the air was leaving the park.   Pablos homerun barely left by the sound of it and adell lost track of where he was and kind of ran into the wall.  Probably worse than it looked, alternatively he got out of a bases loaded jam, so could have been worse.  Weather and extra day of rest wise, I’d give him a mulligan.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm slightly hesitant to start him this week. He's going up against Seattle. He pitched a gem against them last time. The time before that he still got me 10 points, despite the fact that he lost the game. But [...] I'm rollin' the dice. I feel like this is a crucial start for him from a FBB perspective. He started off strong but, hasn't even gone 6 innings the last two times out. An iffy showing against a Mariners team that he's pitched pretty well against twice this year, and he's no longer set it and forget it for me. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Bench Coach content.

1 hour ago, twentyone said:

I'm slightly hesitant to start him this week. He's going up against Seattle. He pitched a gem against them last time. The time before that he still got me 10 points, despite the fact that he lost the game. But [...] I'm rollin' the dice. I feel like this is a crucial start for him from a FBB perspective. He started off strong but, hasn't even gone 6 innings the last two times out. An iffy showing against a Mariners team that he's pitched pretty well against twice this year, and he's no longer set it and forget it for me. 

If you can’t start a guy against Seattle, he shouldn’t be on your team.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, n00chness said:

Anybody else drop Bundy after that big Mid-Season Slump? ;D

Huh? He had a mid season slump?  When? The one time he didn’t pitch an absolute gem?  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Huh? He had a mid season slump?  When? The one time he didn’t pitch an absolute gem?  

Exactly.  He has 9 starts this year, and has allowed more than 3 runs ONCE.  That game pumped his ERA to 2.48.  This was following a CG 1 run game, and then a 7 IP 0 ER game. Must have been quite the slump since no one else noticed.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 2