AlexxelA

Keep Snell or no?

6 keepers: Acuna, Soto, Rendon, K Marte, deGrom 

and Snell injured (somewhat) unsure how it will play out, and I can keep Bo BIchette or Eloy instead of Snell...I have 2 days to set my keepers.  HELP!

I would keep Bichette. You may have an outside shot at drafting Snell back.

Posted (edited)

Snell easily. Bichette won't go until the 7th(ish) round, and Eloy won't go until the 6th(ish) round. Snell is ranked around SP8-SP10.. so it really is a no brainer for me. You won't touch a 3rd-4th round SP in a draft if you don't keep him.

Edited by MSkibisky

new situation, i can trade Snell for #1 overall pick (pick 61), and i also have overall pick #2.i don't have a 3rd or 5th round pick due to trades.

Team A

Acuna, Soto, Marte, Rendon, deGrom, Bichette (1st and 2nd overall pick)

Team B

Acuna Soto Marte Rendon deGrom Snell (2nd overall pick) 

18 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

new situation, i can trade Snell for #1 overall pick (pick 61), and i also have overall pick #2.i don't have a 3rd or 5th round pick due to trades.

Team A

Team B

I'd keep Bichette then go pitcher pitcher to start the draft...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Team A

Team B

In that situation, you have two pretty similar-risk options. Like the above poster said, you can go with Bo, but you would HAVE to go SP/SP as your first two picks. I still go Snell and the 2nd overall pick here.

1 hour ago, AlexxelA said:

Team A

Team B

Give me team A and then draft Eloy and Snell with your 2 picks 

1 hour ago, superman100679 said:

Give me team A and then draft Eloy and Snell with your 2 picks 

The thing is I have Eloy and Snell on my team now but can only keep 6 players...Tried to trade Eloy but no luck so far, so I would not be able to pick snell 1 or 2, but potentially someone like clevinger and i kinda want Robert but may try and wait until pick 12 (72) to snag him.

No to him, keep Bo in that spot. Next toss you're 6th player back, and keep Eloy there. 

3 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

No to him, keep Bo in that spot. Next toss you're 6th player back, and keep Eloy there. 

Bichette would be my 6th player...that makes...Ketel Marte my 5th player...want me to drop Marte for Eloy?

7 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

6 keepers: Acuna, Soto, Rendon, K Marte, deGrom 

and Snell injured (somewhat) unsure how it will play out, and I can keep Bo BIchette or Eloy instead of Snell...I have 2 days to set my keepers.  HELP!

You should keep both Bichette, Snell and Eloy and drop Rendon and Marte. Rendon just had a fluke contract year and Marte peaked too. Bichette and Eloy are very good young players and you will regret losing them far more when you won’t even think about keeping Rendon and Marte after this season.

Trade Snell for the number one pick and keep Bichette.

I'm sure nobody cares but I traded Snell for #9 overall and a swap of 6th and 9th rounders in my favor.  Now I keep Bichette and have picks 2, 9, 12 in a 10 team, not too bad.