Sign in to follow this  
Cheppy

League Settings Question

I’m the Commissioner of a Yahoo league. I have the “Waiver Mode” set as “Standard”. All dropped players go onto Waivers for a period of time specified by the “Waiver Time Paramater”, (2 days) and if unclaimed become free agents.

Now another Setting asks: “After Draft, make all unowned players”. The options are “Free Agents” or “Follow Waiver Rules”.

My question is this: if I select “Follow Waiver Rules” would all players not drafted be Free Agents since they weren’t dropped or do I have to select “Make Free Agents” to make them so?

Go with "follow waver rules"

With that setting all undrafted players are placed on waivers for 2 days the same as they would if they were dropped.   That way the whole league has a fair shot at the undrafted players ... otherwise  you would have a free for all immediately after the draft

• Thanks 1

Thanks... I know it’s kind of a stupid question but as Commissioner I want to make sure I have 100% clarity on such things. Few things are as annoying as incessant complaining by league members.

10 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

Thanks... I know it’s kind of a stupid question but as Commissioner I want to make sure I have 100% clarity on such things. 

Yup.  Shouldn't be commissioner if you cant figure it out for yourself and make your own decisions.  Isnt that what a Commissioner is for?  Just saying.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheTruth024 said:

Yup.  Shouldn't be commissioner if you cant figure it out for yourself and make your own decisions.  Isnt that what a Commissioner is for?  Just saying.

I’m not beyond gathering as much information as possible to make informed decisions. Not doing one’s due diligence isn’t exactly the sign of a competent Commissioner. (there’s a reason host sites provide help centers) Just saying.... But again,  wasn’t sure if Yahoo would have players automatically hit waivers if they weren’t dropped to begin with. Best to find out before drafting in my humble opinion.

Payouts, Positions, Stat Categories, that’s a different story. But I don’t need to explain that to you do I?

Edited by Cheppy