Sign in to follow this  
6Kill

Walker Buehler 2020 Outlook

With the shortened season the Buehler pick automatically became a bad one if he was drafted in March.  Slow starter means he is a negative for half the shortened season.

Where can I find 2019 player rankings?  Where did WB rank?

Edited by B&F

5 minutes ago, B&F said:

With the shortened season the Buehler pick automatically became a bad one if he was drafted in March.  Slow starter means he is a negative for half the shortened season.

Where can I find 2019 player rankings?  Where did WB rank?

It doesn’t mean that - he ranked quite highly.

Blister again. Lost season.

I don't understand how he gave up 5 runs....but only got credited with 2 ER....

There was only 1 Error in the inning and a fielders choice, in which they had no chance to get the runner at home...

Did i miss something?

4 hours ago, CORTEz said:

There was only 1 Error in the inning and a fielders choice, in which they had no chance to get the runner at home...

Did i miss something?

Was it supposed to be the 3rd out of the inning?  If it was anything after that is unearned as the inning should be over....Didn't see the game and will take a closer look later 

20 hours ago, B&F said:

Blister again. Lost season.

Yep - I've got no problem calling him a bust - picked him in the 2nd round myself. The bright side is his ratios won't kill anyone but he's been essentially worthless all season for anything other than his slightly-better-than-mediocre ratios. He's basically a quality long reliever only w/no random holds or saves to go along with the no wins, no QS's.

If the season was longer he might be able to overcome this blister thing and rebound to put up decent numbers but I don't like his outlook over the paltry time remaining this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Did i miss something?

Yes. The fielder’s choice should’ve been the 3rd out. 

Man, never thought I'd say this but I'm contemplating dropping Walker. The blister issue and San Diego next is giving me anxiety. (only 3 weeks left in my league and my Sps are very talented). 

Never again.

As good as he is too many reasons to not draft.

• Slow to get going
  • Dodger limit his innings
  • Only one season over 150 IP.
  • Like 1

And the final curtain call...

• Dodgers placed RHP Walker Buehler on the 10-day injured list with a blister on his right hand. 

It's the same blister that bothered Buehler in August and caused him to miss two starts from August 21 to September 2. He was able to make two starts after that activation, but it clearly was bothering the right-hander in his poor start on Tuesday, and Los Angeles won't take any chances. Joe Kelly has been called up to take Buehler's place, but Kelly will need to serve a five-game suspension first. 

Sep 10, 2020, 7:37 PM ET

•  
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

wondering if he might get another start or two if/when he returns ... any speculation on RoS outlook?

How many innings would he get in these starts. Not enough to make a dime's worth of difference. The next time he gets more than 6.0 would be the first - he's pitched a total of 33 innings this year in 7 starts.

Edited by SuperJoint

4 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

wondering if he might get another start or two if/when he returns ... any speculation on RoS outlook?

I’d guess they’d want to have him throw before the playoffs. Might be extra cautious this time, but at least one start at end of season. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’d guess they’d want to have him throw before the playoffs. Might be extra cautious this time, but at least one start at end of season. 

Yep it would make sense. Tough to count on him for the playoffs, but maybe he'll be perfectly shipshape by then and ready to rubber-stamp multiple 7 inning outings all the way to the championship.

On the serious side if I were the Dodgers I'd immediately initiate an investigation into exactly what Buehler's relationship was with Rich Hill while he was there. Did Rich Hill convince Buehler the best way to treat blisters was with acid, for instance. 

So is Walker pitching this week? I thought I read something that he was pitching on Thursday but I can't seem to find it. 

30 minutes ago, TheGhost206 said:

So is Walker pitching this week? I thought I read something that he was pitching on Thursday but I can't seem to find it. 

He should go at least 5 assuming he isn't shelled.  Dodgers need to get this guy ready for the postseason.

Easily one of the biggest busts of the season. But it was a weird year. His fantasy value is probably going to fluctuate a ton based on how well he performs in the post season.