Sign in to follow this  
DLB4ever

Austin Ekeler 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Gordon isnt coming back. Top 3 in PPR?

Does Rivers leaving a Positive or Negative?

Edited by tonycpsu
Fixed title. Please enter full names.

Posted (edited)

[...] 

I imagine they'll add someone to the backfield - assuming AE even comes back.  High chance he does, but also a small chance he doesn't.

If they add a high draft pick like Deandre Swift, Taylor, etc. I'll be worried.  If somehow they go into the season with Ekeler and a few fill ins behind him and give him the reigns, he'll be top 10 for sure.  Depends who QB is too.  Rivers loved throwing to RBs.  If it's Tyrod, the offense might regress overall.  More QB runs could vulture some AE touches throughout the season.  

Too much uncertainty right now around AE to make a call I think.  

Edited by tonycpsu

Don't think they see him as a RB1 for a season.  So somebody else will come in.  Plus I think losing Rivers is a huge loss.  Just look at Barkley this year.  Just because the QB sucks overall, a check down machine is the RB's best friend in fantasy. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Austin is no more than a passing down back. He cant be a feature back. I know it, Chargers know it and anyone with any scouting sense know it. HE can do it temporarily but that shouldnt be tbe plan. Chargers will add their 2 down back before the season. Austin E will be heavily overdrafted in fantasy drafts......plus the loss of Rivers does not help Austins outlook.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Austin is no more than a passing down back. He cant be a feature back. I know it, Chargers know it and anyone with any scouting sense know it. HE can do it temporarily but that shouldnt be tbe plan. Chargers will add their 2 down back before the season. Austin E will be heavily overdrafted in fantasy drafts......plus the loss of Rivers does not help Austins outlook.

He did it all last season, so your opinion is dead wrong. RB's will be brought in, but if Ekeler is back he is the guy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, devaster said:

He did it all last season, so your opinion is dead wrong. RB's will be brought in, but if Ekeler is back he is the guy.

Ok, we will see.

Are we just ignoring the presence of Justin Jackson?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

The Chargers kinda did last year, no?

10 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

The Chargers kinda did last year, no?

Not at all - true, they didn’t use him all that much (mainly because Gordon returned), but when they needed him, he was effective (6.9 ypc).  Lynn just recently praised him as having the best instincts of any RB on the team.  And they may feel he’s ready for an expanded role in the likely event MGIII walks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

I am.

4 hours ago, devaster said:

Not really.  A TON of passing game work, but even missing 4 games, Gordon still got 30 more carries than Ekeler.  

Rivers not coming back kills his value IMO.  There aren't 3 QB's in the league who pass to their RB's more

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, kdko said:

Rivers not coming back kills his value IMO.  There aren't 3 QB's in the league who pass to their RB's more

Smart man. I agree and have mentioned before that Rivers leaving destroys Austin Ekelers value. kdko hit the nail on the head saying that Rivers passes to his RB’s a lot. Which is so true. Another reason for Melvin Gordon’s PPR dominance..

whereever Rivers goes....I’m am SUPPEERRRRRR HIGH on the passing down rb or starting RB...

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Ekeler is a very interesting case - Rivers’s departure does dampen his value severely, but how much would that be counter-balanced by receiving an expanded role in the 16-20-touch range if he stays?  Of course, there’s no guarantee he will - in which case, we need to know his landing spot.  Imagine if he reunited with Rivers somewhere?

7 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

In early drafts I’ve seen him go from rd1-3

sadly, I won’t own...

Man...those are some mad early drafts!

If Tyrod is the starter I’m not touching Chargers pass catcher with a 10 foot pole. 

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Man...those are some mad early drafts!

Only the addicted are joining leagues now and drafting already...like me. Have you heard of MYFFPC.com ? Best high stakes fantasy leagues.

45 minutes ago, sSektor said:

If Tyrod is the starter I’m not touching Chargers pass catcher with a 10 foot pole. 

Same. Plus, that’s a lot of money to give a 3rd down back...

3 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Only the addicted are joining leagues now and drafting already...like me. Have you heard of MYFFPC.com ? Best high stakes fantasy leagues.

I'm assuming you're doing a fair amount of actual NFL mock draft analysis haha

Where does Jerry Jeudy go in these fantasy drafts for degenerates that I am slowly considering?

18 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I have - I don’t know if I have the stomach for drafting in a high-stakes league even before FA begins, though!

Interesting signing - clearly he’s the starter moving forward with that kind of money.  I have to believe that passing the ball to Ekeler will remain a point of emphasis regardless of the QB now.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, SyNdicateZ said:

Ok, we will see.

I suppose we will!

Bodes well for my dynasty team.

12 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Just signed to a 4-year deal. 

Nice, definitely going to keep him now in my PPR league