Sign in to follow this  
DLB4ever

Austin Ekeler 2020 Outlook

16 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

flipside of that is Phil's turnovers led to negative gamescripts, which necessitated oodles of chucking, and a more frenzied attack - which Ekeler greatly benefited from ... sorta like Jameis with the Bucs. 

look, i think this kid is very talented, but watching them grind in 14-10 games with Tygod isn't gonna do much to pad Ek's magick foosball stat sheet. 

Agreed.

Taylor is... not good. It’s a matter of X amount of games until they turn to the rook, just like what happened in Cleveland. I’d put the over/under at 3 games. 

Don’t know a ton about Hebert, but what I did see in college doesn’t make me think he’ll have a big rookie year. Will take time to develop. 

I think game scripts could actually be good for Ekeler,  but those QBs....😬

12 hours ago, Gohawks said:

One looks like a very fit NFL player while the other looks like a demigod. 

Big difference. Also, my avatar has nothing to do with anything. I don't post pictures of DK saying "see THIS is why he is going to beast." He is going to beast because he has some of the most impressive measurables in combine history at the position along with looking like a freak and having great size but that is unrelated to this thread.

You latched on to the last couple of sentences which said I was surprised Ekeler was so cut (not all NFL RBs are) while ignoring paragraphs of statistical argument for why he is really going to beast. And you're still doing it, for whatever reason.

5 hours ago, SpartanEric said:

Agreed.

Taylor is... not good. It’s a matter of X amount of games until they turn to the rook, just like what happened in Cleveland. I’d put the over/under at 3 games. 

Don’t know a ton about Hebert, but what I did see in college doesn’t make me think he’ll have a big rookie year. Will take time to develop. 

I think game scripts could actually be good for Ekeler,  but those QBs....😬

Perfect for ekeler.  CMC same case.  

On 9/4/2020 at 2:01 AM, Gohawks said:

I wasn’t going to draft him but now that i see that an athlete that is in the top 1% of the top 1% looks very fit I’ve changed my mind. 

On 9/4/2020 at 2:10 AM, WaiverLooter said:

This is very ironic given your Avatar 🤔

haha seems like he has an affinity to men’s physiques.. 

• Haha 1

Nyheim Hines over in Indy with the very Ekeler like statline today...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Nyheim Hines over in Indy with the very Ekeler like statline today...

boggles my mind they didn’t set ekeler up with designed screens or wheel routes.

then again I really hate that I invested in Keenan Allen or any charger right now after what I just saw. They looked like the 2019 Steelers today 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

I really want this guy, for those who watched the game how bad is tyrod looking in 2020?

Tyrod played like how he usually plays. Very conservative. Stares down one guy, if he isn’t open then he scrambles. It will be interesting to see if he can support Henry and Keenan Allen. I’d be worried as an Allen owner, but he did fall in drafts for a reason.

Ekeler looked great but it was against a weak defense. I don’t think anyone actually expected Ekeler to be a workhorse, but losing the goal line carries will hurt. The hopes of RB1 are probably gone, but he should still be a solid RB2.

I think Chargers will be very competitive in most games. They have a good defense and will take a run first approach. Might not be a lot of scoring opportunities, but the defense should keep them in games and keep the offense on the field.

54 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

The hopes of RB1 are probably gone, but he should still be a solid RB2.

That's upsetting for my 17th overall pick

Hines fed off rivers today.  Ekeler was non existent in passing..

that worries me

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 5:55 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

flipside of that is Phil's turnovers led to negative gamescripts, which necessitated oodles of chucking, and a more frenzied attack - which Ekeler greatly benefited from ... sorta like Jameis with the Bucs. 

look, i think this kid is very talented, but watching them grind in 14-10 games with Tygod isn't gonna do much to pad Ek's magick foosball stat sheet. 

... one game in, but as long as Tygod starts he'll likely continue to under perform on the ppr front

1 hour ago, Tghetty said:

Hines fed off rivers today.  Ekeler was non existent in passing..

that worries me

Death, taxes, and Rivers feeding his RBs before choking the game away in the 4th.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Death, taxes, and Rivers feeding his RBs before choking the game away in the 4th.

Rivers got them kids to feed tho 😎

It will be hard for Ekeler to maximize his pass-catching ability with bum a** Tyrod at QB.

• Thanks 3

20 touches in a low scoring, grind it out game.  I bet no one would guess that 19 of those 20 touches would be rushing attempts. Too early to tell if this will be the norm.  With KC coming into town next week, let’s see what will happen before we jump to conclusions but I think you will see more activity in the passing game.

Just now, ludawg23 said:

20 touches in a low scoring, grind it out game.  I bet no one would guess that 19 of those 20 touches would be rushing attempts. Too early to tell if this will be the norm.  With KC coming into town next week, let’s see what will happen before we jump to conclusions but I think you will see more activity in the passing game.

unfortunately Rivers took the elite receiving volume to Indy.   And Kelly looked more than competent.  

Long season...but my ekeler shares are nervous 😬 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... one game in, but as long as Tygod starts he'll likely continue to under perform on the ppr front

Tygod? Woof, that is some inaccurate nickname. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Tygod? Woof, that is some inaccurate nickname. 

errr ... it's sarcastic, Bison fans derisively referred to him as such in game threads 🤷‍♂️

He actually looked really good rushing the ball but they need to pass it to him and get him in open space. Josh Kelly also looked pretty solid so that worries me. 

I don't think anyone came into the season thinking he would be a full-time workhouse but it looks like Kelly will be taking the MG3 role and Ekeler could potentially lose GL carries if he hasn't already.  That is fine as long as he is an integral part of the passing time. 

I think we'll be able to see what the offense will be like when they are in catch up mode (KC week 2) so one would have to think Ekeler is the guy in hurry up.

Not in panic mode yet until we see more but still can't complain about 20 touches in week 1.

This guy is going to disappoint a lot of Fantasy owners based on where you drafted him.

Philip Rivers made Austin Ekeler.

Philip Rivers is making Nyhiem Hines right now as we speak.

• Like 1

So he already lost GL carries?  If he's not catching passes, he's gonna be a super meh rb the whole season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

I don't think anyone came into the season thinking he would be a full-time workhouse but it looks like Kelly will be taking the MG3 role and Ekeler could potentially lose GL carries if he hasn't already.  That is fine as long as he is an integral part of the passing time. 

He was drafted as one but ok...

• Haha 1

Honestly, didn’t he get 19/20 rushing attempts? I find that as a win because the targets and receptions will come sooner than later. This Sunday will be much more telling when they get behind vs the chiefs....

• Like 1