Sign in to follow this  
Waltsanity

Keeper Assistance: Keep 6

Hey all,

I am in a 12 team H2H 6x6 Cat league.
Hitting: Runs, RBI, HR, SB, OPS, AVG.
Pitching: IP, W, SV, K, ERA., WHIP

I need to keep 6 guys from my roster. I'm pretty set on the first 5, however choosing that last one is proving difficult as I keep going back and forth on what I want to do. Please keep in mind that I do not have my 2nd round pick this year. Keepers do not cost anything, it's just a straight keeper league. I am also picking 11th in the draft in a non-snake.

Christian Yelich
Nolan Arenado
Fernando Tatis Jr.
Pete Alonso
George Springer
Tommy Pham
J.T. Realmuto
DJ LeMahieu
Jorge Polanco
Clayton Kershaw
Patrick Corbin
Chris Paddock
Mike Soroka
Hyun-Jin Ryu

I omitted the other guys available as they are not of any consideration. Currently I am pretty set on Yelich, Arenado, Tatis, Alonso, Springer, and looking for a 6th keeper. Currently contemplating Realmuto, Kershaw, Corbin, Paddock. 

I welcome any and all thoughts.

Thank you

Soroka

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Soroka

Soroka????

Kershaw.

24 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

Soroka????

Kershaw.

Why not?

Why Kershaw?

Gotta go with Kersh. guy posted his highest ERA in 9 years.. with 3.03. Not the best pitcher on the planet anymore, but is a keeper for sure. Soroka will be solid too but you can likely pick him up in the draft. I value Kersh > Soroka here.

Soroka doesn't strike anyone out!

6 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Gotta go with Kersh. guy posted his highest ERA in 9 years.. with 3.03. Not the best pitcher on the planet anymore, but is a keeper for sure. Soroka will be solid too but you can likely pick him up in the draft. I value Kersh > Soroka here.

Kershaw could be the right pick. I still like him a bit. But that 3.03 era is very misleading. Very lucky with .262 babip, 84%  strand rate

FIP 3.86

xFIP 3.50

SIERRA 3.77

Posted (edited)

Soroka had a FIP of 3.45, a xFIP of 3.85, and a SIERA of 4.28. And he doesn't get Ks!

Edited by 6Kill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 6Kill said:

Soroka had a FIP of 3.45 and a xFIP of 3.85. And he doesn't get Ks!

Yea, but hes young and fresh.

I think he gets more innings.

Kershaws DL stints have been a issue.

To be honest. I think you could throw paddack, corbin, JT in the mix.

I think you could make a case in some way for all 5.

I just like seeing folks reasoning.

Kershaw might well be the answer.

• Like 1

I've been leaning Kershaw as well. But I also can't get my mind off Realmuto too.

• Like 1

Yelich, Arenado, Tatis, Alonso, Springer, LeMahieu: There's ya locks for many many years. 

• Haha 1

I am still going back and forth with this. Not an easy decision.

You need pitching especially with no 2nd round pick. Instead of Springer, keep Corbin along with Paddack. Corbin is on a good Washington team while Paddack will finally have the reins off.

Probably realmuto for me.  Huge advantage over other catchers.  In fact, I’d rather have him than springer.  He’ll provide a much bigger hr,r,rbi,sb and average differential over a replacement than springer will over whoever else you,have playing OF.   I’d rank them realmuto, springer, kershaw.

• Like 1

Corbin for sure.  Relatively young, two fantastic seasons in a row, no back problems like Kershaw 

On 3/5/2020 at 1:59 PM, MSkibisky said:

He also had a 3.86 FIP and a 90 mph Fastball last year. He’s no longer an ace and will only get worse.

On 3/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, Waltsanity said:

Hey all,

I need to keep 6 guys from my roster. I'm pretty set on the first 5, however choosing that last one is proving difficult as I keep going back and forth on what I want to do. Please keep in mind that I do not have my 2nd round pick this year. Keepers do not cost anything, it's just a straight keeper league. I am also picking 11th in the draft in a non-snake.

Christian Yelich
Nolan Arenado
Fernando Tatis Jr.
Pete Alonso
George Springer
Tommy Pham
J.T. Realmuto
DJ LeMahieu
Jorge Polanco
Clayton Kershaw
Patrick Corbin
Chris Paddock
Mike Soroka
Hyun-Jin Ryu

I omitted the other guys available as they are not of any consideration. Currently I am pretty set on Yelich, Arenado, Tatis, Alonso, Springer, and looking for a 6th keeper. Currently contemplating Realmuto, Kershaw, Corbin, Paddock. 

Thank you

Tatis, Yelich, Realmuto are no brainers. A stud SS, a stud OF and the best C in the game. Arenado will get traded at some point and his value will crash but for now he’s still good. Corbin is your best SP and you need pitching. Alonso is your last guy.

Kershaw and Paddack are easy passes. Trade them while they still have value. Kershaw has a 90 mph FB and coming off a 3.86 FIP season while being injury prone and declining annually. Paddack only has 2 pitches and pretty bad advanced metrics.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:12 AM, Waltsanity said:

Hey all,

Christian Yelich
Nolan Arenado
Fernando Tatis Jr.
Pete Alonso
George Springer
Tommy Pham
J.T. Realmuto
DJ LeMahieu
Jorge Polanco
Clayton Kershaw
Patrick Corbin
Chris Paddock
Mike Soroka
Hyun-Jin Ryu

Thank you

top 4 hitters, corbin, paddack