exm

Last keeper: Altuve or Bogaerts? WHIR

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am playing in a points based H2H league, keep 4. For my last keeper it’s down to Altuve vs Bogaerts, I am not overly concerned about keeping them long term.

 

I am leaning towards Altuve since 2B is not as deep and Boston’s roster obviously isn’t as great.

Thoughts? WHIR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XBog. Who are you're other keepers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Altuve

Boegarts had a career year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, exm said:

Hi, I am playing in a points based H2H league, keep 4. For my last keeper it’s down to Altuve vs Bogaerts, I am not overly concerned about keeping them long term.

 

I am leaning towards Altuve since 2B is not as deep and Boston’s roster obviously isn’t as great.

Thoughts? WHIR

Altuve is in decline and benefited from cheating. Bogaerts isn’t even in his prime yet. Also how is Boston’s roster not good? Even without Betts it’s one of the best lineups in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Altuve

Boegarts had a career year


Altuve is a cheater in decline though. Bogaerts is not a 30 HR bat but he should still hit more home runs and drive in more RBI than Altuve, which is key in H2H.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuve for this year. Better counting stats and better average. And better position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 6Kill said:

Tuve for this year. Better counting stats and better average. And better position.

2019

AVG  Bogaerts .309  Altuve .298

HR  Bogaerts 33  Altuve 31

RBI Bogaerts 117 Altuve 74

R Bogaerts 110 Altuve 89

SB Bogaerts 4 Altuve 6

 

2020 Steamer projections 

AVG Bogaerts .292 Altuve .296

HR Bogaerts 25 Altuve 24

RBI Bogaerts 95 Altuve 92

R Bogaerts 91  Altuve 99

SB Bogaerts 6 Altuve 12

 

So how exactly does Altuve have better counting stats and average? 

 

 

Edited by Thenewwildone8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Altuve is in decline and benefited from cheating. Bogaerts isn’t even in his prime yet. 

He doesnt run anymore, true.

But he had the 3rd best ops of his career. I will take a .900 ops

The cheating thing is way overblown.

His career road numbers, are just ss good as his home numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

2020 Steamer projections 

AVG Bogaerts .292 Altuve .296

HR Bogaerts 25 Altuve 24

RBI Bogaerts 95 Altuve 92

R Bogaerts 91  Altuve 99

SB Bogaerts 6 Altuve 12

Right here you posted it yourself lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

XBog. Who are you're other keepers? 

 

Freeman, Arenado, Flaherty

I think I might change to Bogaerts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, exm said:

Hi, I am playing in a points based H2H league, keep 4. For my last keeper it’s down to Altuve vs Bogaerts, I am not overly concerned about keeping them long term.

 

I am leaning towards Altuve since 2B is not as deep and Boston’s roster obviously isn’t as great.

Thoughts? WHIR


Don’t overthink it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bogaerts is way WAY better baseball wise.  His breakout year was totally real and he could do even better this season. 

Altuve has declined seriously. He only hit .197 on the road last year away from the sign stealing at home.  Speaking of which he will probably be thrown at all season and could end up on the IL.  People are trading him for peanuts in dynasty leagues right now they want no part of him.  He is 30 years old this season and is in serious decline as well.  He has basically stopped running as well.  Bogaerts is only 27 and is just hitting his peak.  This is a no brainer decision.

LOL about Boston roster. He has Benny and Devers in front of him and JD and Chavis after him in the line-up.  Doesn't get any better than that.

Why would anyone even ask this question?  Bogaerts is >> than Altuve at this point in their careers.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Bogaerts is way WAY better baseball wise.  His breakout year was totally real and he could do even better this season. 

Altuve has declined seriously. He only hit .197 on the road last year away from the sign stealing at home.  Speaking of which he will probably be thrown at all season and could end up on the IL.  People are trading him for peanuts in dynasty leagues right now they want no part of him.  He is 30 years old this season and is in serious decline as well.  He has basically stopped running as well.  Bogaerts is only 27 and is just hitting his peak.  This is a no brainer decision.

LOL about Boston roster. He has Benny and Devers in front of him and JD and Chavis after him in the line-up.  Doesn't get any better than that.

Why would anyone even ask this question?  Bogaerts is >> than Altuve at this point in their careers.

Altuve hit .297 away last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also... it doesn’t get better than hitting in front of Chavis? Talk about a homer lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about hitting after Springer and before Bregman Brantley Alvarez? 😜

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

400 years ago, mass hysteria happened in Salem

History always repeats itself

Coronavirus

Astros cheating scandal

In 2017, just over 8,000 pitches were thrown to Astro hitters

Just over 1,000 bangs were recorded

Altuve received ONLY 24 bangs

That's 1 bang every 7 games. Less then 4 bangs a month.

Altuve is done. Hes 30. 

Hmmmmmm

Last year had

Highest ops of career

Highest hr total of career

3rd highest ops+

3rd highest runs scored

3rd highest rbis

Road splits, that are almost unmatched in career, meaning 50/50

But who cares, Xander had 30 hrs 2st time

Or had .900 ops 1st timr

117 rbis

Try getting those rbis with no Mookie

I like Xander, but this Jose is done stuff is borderline insane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

400 years ago, mass hysteria happened in Salem

History always repeats itself

Coronavirus

Astros cheating scandal

In 2017, just over 8,000 pitches were thrown to Astro hitters

Just over 1,000 bangs were recorded

Altuve received ONLY 24 bangs

That's 1 bang every 7 games. Less then 4 bangs a month.

Altuve is done. Hes 30. 

Hmmmmmm

Last year had

Highest ops of career

Highest hr total of career

3rd highest ops+

3rd highest runs scored

3rd highest rbis

Road splits, that are almost unmatched in career, meaning 50/50

But who cares, Xander had 30 hrs 2st time

Or had .900 ops 1st timr

117 rbis

Try getting those rbis with no Mookie

I like Xander, but this Jose is done stuff is borderline insane

Altuve doesn’t steal anymore, which was where he derived most of his value. He’s not a power hitter and regardless of things he clearly cheated.

Bogaerts is younger and a better power hitter. He also is no worse as a contact hitter. 

Bogaerts can get 100+ RBI without Mookie, he still has Devers batting behind him and if Beni bounces back...

The bottom line is Bogaerts was better last year and is projected to be just as good if not better this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 6Kill said:

How about hitting after Springer and before Bregman Brantley Alvarez? 😜


Bregman’s Statcast numbers say he’s nothing elite without cheating and luck. Alvarez could very well have a sophomore slump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Altuve doesn’t steal anymore, which was where he derived most of his value. He’s not a power hitter and regardless of things he clearly cheated.

Bogaerts is younger and a better power hitter. He also is no worse as a contact hitter. 

Bogaerts can get 100+ RBI without Mookie, he still has Devers batting behind him and if Beni bounces back...

 

True, Altuve doesnt run much anymore.

But a 2B that can hit .300, hit 25 hrs, score 100, are few.

 Xander 

Career risp .825 ops

Last year .987 ops

He isn't getting close to 117 rbis again

Yes Altuve cheated.

But, like documented. It was so rare. The impact is marginal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

True, Altuve doesnt run much anymore.

But a 2B that can hit .300, hit 25 hrs, score 100, are few.

 Xander 

Career risp .825 ops

Last year .987 ops

He isn't getting close to 117 rbis again

Yes Altuve cheated.

But, like documented. It was so rare. The impact is marginal.

 

He ONCE hit 25+ HRs. Last season with the juiced ball. I’d put money on that not happening again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.