street sharks

David Dahl 2020 Outlook

Started off slow last year and once he started hitting, he didn't stop. Until he got hurt. 

Played 100 games.

I'm ready to get hurt again.

• Haha 1

China Dahl

Love the talent but boy is he fragile very hard to depend on him, as long as it is reflected in his price and you are prepared with an injury replacement then go ahead. Also make sure you have low injury risk elsewhere in your team. 

Own him for the first time ever, but I think the key is having the depth to replace him for the inevitable injury. But surely there will come a season when he stays healthy...right? Lol!

7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Own him for the first time ever, but I think the key is having the depth to replace him for the inevitable injury. But surely there will come a season when he stays healthy...right? Lol!

No, probably not

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Funny This Guy and Nick Senzel seem to have the same problems, They just keep getting hurt all the time and we can't ever see what they can really do in a long stretch of games. Try having both of these guys on your keeper roster like I do Its frustrating

Health hasn't been an issue, but, dare I say it, production has? I wanted to believe but now I am having trouble. Demoted from his leadoff spot, minimal power showing, minimal speed. Is my 25-15-.290 OF really gonna show up? 

If you look at his deeper stats, nothing really stands out. The 5.3% walk rate and 25.3% K rate seem similar to career norms. The .275 BABIP is low, particularly for a Coors player, but still not just radically out there. Even his hitting splits (Soft% 13.7%, Med% 41.2%, Hard% 45.1%) are good. He hasn't really driven the ball much. But it just seems like a slump more than anything. Whether that's prep related due to the virus or just random noise, who knows. But seems like something that can and should turnaround soon. 

• Like 3

IIRC this dude always starts slow. But once he starts hitting, he doesn't stop until he inevitably gets hurt.

27 minutes ago, street sharks said:

IIRC this dude always starts slow. But once he starts hitting, he doesn't stop until he inevitably gets hurt.

I would agree that he hits like a madman when he's on, but the problem is we don't really have time to wait it out this year. At least i know I don't. A 3 week slump this season is about a third of the season.

Not hurt and can’t hit a baseball... as soon as he hits he will get hurt. Overrated

Posted (edited)

[...] I can’t fathom dropping Dahl at this moment. He’s a hold, is he top tier, at this moment, NO. But has he had flashes of greatness, he sure has. 

Hold tight, RH pitchers, and Coors field, best way to break out of a slump. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Speculating about the motivations of other posters is not productive.

No, but hopefully he rights the ship. Appears the manager did the ole "clear the head" tactic, sitting him first against a lefty and then a righty over the weekend. Sucks to miss home games, but we'll see how his usage is this week.