With the fantasy season winding down who were your biggest busts/surprises? Feel free to discuss players you drafted or grabbed off the wire. Mine are the following;

Busts-

Towns- not because of his play but injuries and the fact that most took him in the top 3 and he has not returned the faith

Ayton- suspension and constant injuries

Surprises-

Bam- knew he would go off but didn't expect him to be THIS good

CP3- old man can still ball and has stayed healthy

Tatum- absolute stud

Middleton- Has a chance at the 50-40-90 club and rarely let's you down

Wire add standouts-

Beasley- you could see the potential in Denver but damn he is good

Chriss- burned a lot of people couple seasons ago but that Warriors system is fantasy gold

DND-

Next season I would not take Towns with a top 5 pick and I personally have soured on Jimmy and Ayton

50 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

With the fantasy season winding down who were your biggest busts/surprises? Feel free to discuss players you drafted or grabbed off the wire. Mine are the following;

Busts-

Towns- not because of his play but injuries and the fact that most took him in the top 3 and he has not returned the faith

Ayton- suspension and constant injuries

Surprises-

Bam- knew he would go off but didn't expect him to be THIS good

CP3- old man can still ball and has stayed healthy

Tatum- absolute stud

Middleton- Has a chance at the 50-40-90 club and rarely let's you down

Wire add standouts-

Beasley- you could see the potential in Denver but damn he is good

Chriss- burned a lot of people couple seasons ago but that Warriors system is fantasy gold

DND-

Next season I would not take Towns with a top 5 pick and I personally have soured on Jimmy and Ayton

I disagree on ayton, the suspension was a flukey unforeseen thing. However the ankle issue is reoccurring but that’s the nature of an ankle injury once it starts and you rush it back then you’ll continue to sprain it. He even said it in an interview postgame that he’s been in crutches and a boot on every sprain since that first one early in the season. I think he’s one of the best young bigs, I would be willing to draft him in the 3rd.
Jimmy I agree he’s constantly resting because of fickle injuries. He’s DND for me too. 
Towns is still a top 5 worthy pick next year to me. When he was healthy he killed and it wasn’t close. I expect more of his early numbers and with Dlo there plus Beasley flouring in the offense, this wolves team should be closer to playoff bound rather than tanking. 

I think two guys that surprised me a bit and took big steps forward were Sabonis (went in the 5th Rnd in my points league) and Dinwiddie (went in the 10th). 

Disappointments were many, some due to injury

Markkannen, B. Griffin, P. George, Winslow, D. Murray, Kuzma, O. Porter, and T. Bryant to name a few.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boshtrich17 said:

I disagree on ayton, the suspension was a flukey unforeseen thing. However the ankle issue is reoccurring but that’s the nature of an ankle injury once it starts and you rush it back then you’ll continue to sprain it. He even said it in an interview postgame that he’s been in crutches and a boot on every sprain since that first one early in the season. I think he’s one of the best young bigs, I would be willing to draft him in the 3rd.
Jimmy I agree he’s constantly resting because of fickle injuries. He’s DND for me too. 
Towns is still a top 5 worthy pick next year to me. When he was healthy he killed and it wasn’t close. I expect more of his early numbers and with Dlo there plus Beasley flouring in the offense, this wolves team should be closer to playoff bound rather than tanking. 

Thing is next season we get KD back and if I have the option I am taking Harden, AD, Giannis, KD, Curry before Towns 

Next year I hope all my league opponents also "sour" on Towns / Ayton.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Surprises for me:

Whiteside, sabonis, fred vanleet, dinwiddie, shai 

Edited by Monkeyking69
  • Like 1

Surprises:

Ingram, Bam, Sabonis, Whiteside, Dinwiddie, CP3, FVV, SGA

Busts:

KAT, Bryant, Bagley, Ayton, Markkanen, Conley

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabaak said:

I think two guys that surprised me a bit and took big steps forward were Sabonis (went in the 5th Rnd in my points league) and Dinwiddie (went in the 10th). 

Disappointments were many, some due to injury

Markkannen, B. Griffin, P. George, Winslow, D. Murray, Kuzma, O. Porter, and T. Bryant to name a few.

I agree with Sabonis, He has been a nice surprise.   

I picked up D Murray in the 10th round of my draft.   He has produced top 80 Value, so to me this is not a disappointment but not the steal I was hoping it would be.

• Like 1

Dennis Smith Jr. Even with the pg situation he was projected pretty high and i stupidly wasted a pick on him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Thing is next season we get KD back and if I have the option I am taking Harden, AD, Giannis, KD, Curry before Towns 

Assuming KD is back at 100%.  KAT in top 4 for me with AD, Giannis, Harden (no particular order).

Posted (edited)

DND: Zion....at least not in round 2 or 3 or maybe 4 even. There's just so much better options than him. You're better off drafting a traditional big man. At least they'll give you rebounds and stocks while still giving you fg%.

Oh and that doesn't include his risk for injury and rest days.

Edited by StephonMarburysVaseline

45 minutes ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

DND: Zion....at least not in round 2 or 3 or maybe 4 even. There's just so much better options than him. You're better off drafting a traditional big man. At least they'll give you rebounds and stocks while still giving you fg%.

Oh and that doesn't include his risk for injury and rest days.

dude, he’s 19...played what, 16,17 games so far...stocks will come, rebs will come, he will progress majorly, i actually hope he falls in the draft next year cause he’ll be a force for years to come...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I don't really get this.  Like I don't think it's WRONG, but if you're gonna knock down KAT for how his injuries might affect him, can't you do the same to Durant?  They're the same to me, basically: we don't know how these injuries will affect them next year, but if the injuries don't bother them, they're easy top five guys.  How can you put one over the other with any certainty?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I don't really get this.  Like I don't think it's WRONG, but if you're gonna knock down KAT for how his injuries might affect him, can't you do the same to Durant?  They're the same to me, basically: we don't know how these injuries will affect them next year, but if the injuries don't bother them, they're easy top five guys.  How can you put one over the other with any certainty?

No doubt but if im picking and both are available I am taking KD any day. I took Towns 3rd in my league over Harden due to his iron man status and he hasn't offered much. Not bashing Towns but I personally would not take him if i have picks 1-5 

9 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

No doubt but if im picking and both are available I am taking KD any day. I took Towns 3rd in my league over Harden due to his iron man status and he hasn't offered much. Not bashing Towns but I personally would not take him if i have picks 1-5 

Well I mean you just repeated yourself...you didn't explain why.  KAT is 4th in per game value.   So are you just doing that thing where you're like "He was injured last year, so I'm never picking him again!"?  

1 minute ago, Tom Chambers said:

Well I mean you just repeated yourself...you didn't explain why.  KAT is 4th in per game value.   So are you just doing that thing where you're like "He was injured last year, so I'm never picking him again!"?  

Why do i need to explain? Im saying i would not use a top 5 pick on him. There are 5 other players who I value higher. Its a personal opinion bruh move on

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

Why do i need to explain? Im saying i would not use a top 5 pick on him. There are 5 other players who I value higher. Its a personal opinion bruh move on

I mean...we're here to hear opinions and the facts behind them so we can have more information and informed viewpoints on players so that we're better at fantasy basketball, right?  If you're just saying "He was hurt in 2019-2020, so even though he was 4th in per game value, I'm not gonna pick him in the top 5 in 2020-2021 cause I think he might get hurt again, so I'm gonna pick iron men like Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, and Kevin Durant instead", cool.  I just wanted to know if that was indeed what you were saying.\

In the end, for me, it'll come down to positional scarcity and who I picked in my other drafts.  I usually play like 20 yahoo pro leagues for like 10k, so I try to get a little of everyone regardless.  I'm sure I'll pick KAT sometimes in my top 5, and sometimes I won't.   Just saying that "He might get hurt" is a pretty weak argument, especially with the other guys you'd be picking lol

• Like 1

Whiteside, Ingram, and Vanvleet were the biggest surprises for me. Early in the season I didn't think Whiteside/Ingram were sustainable, so I'm really surprised they managed to keep it up the entire season.

• Like 1

Busts - everyone I drafted 

Surprises - everyone I got off the wire 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

I mean...we're here to hear opinions and the facts behind them so we can have more information and informed viewpoints on players so that we're better at fantasy basketball, right?  If you're just saying "He was hurt in 2019-2020, so even though he was 4th in per game value, I'm not gonna pick him in the top 5 in 2020-2021 cause I think he might get hurt again, so I'm gonna pick iron men like Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, and Kevin Durant instead", cool.  I just wanted to know if that was indeed what you were saying.\

In the end, for me, it'll come down to positional scarcity and who I picked in my other drafts.  I usually play like 20 yahoo pro leagues for like 10k, so I try to get a little of everyone regardless.  I'm sure I'll pick KAT sometimes in my top 5, and sometimes I won't.   Just saying that "He might get hurt" is a pretty weak argument, especially with the other guys you'd be picking lol

Bruh, it’s not that deep. He just values KD more than other players. 

I’ll try to keep it a little different.

surprise: Jo Val and Collins

I think we all knew Collins would be very good, but I did not expect the block numbers to go up.

another player we saw do some damage when traded, but again, didn’t think he would be this good and has been mostly healthy this season.

busts: Draymond

i think we all knew the warriors would be bad Early on and that Draymond would be rested As often as possible. But when healthy, he’s just been as frustrating as when he was hurt. I didn’t draft him thankfully (traded for him), but still frustrating nonetheless. You would think that with everyone out, you would see an uptick in numbers. I know he’s not a scoring juggernaut, but I expected at least 12 ppg.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, andy1234 said:

Bruh, it’s not that deep. He just values KD more than other players. 

I’ll try to keep it a little different.

surprise: Jo Val and Collins

I think we all knew Collins would be very good, but I did not expect the block numbers to go up.

another player we saw do some damage when traded, but again, didn’t think he would be this good and has been mostly healthy this season.

busts: Draymond

i think we all knew the warriors would be bad Early on and that Draymond would be rested As often as possible. But when healthy, he’s just been as frustrating as when he was hurt. I didn’t draft him thankfully (traded for him), but still frustrating nonetheless. You would think that with everyone out, you would see an uptick in numbers. I know he’s not a scoring juggernaut, but I expected at least 12 ppg.

Collins is a good shout bro. The block numbers have remained and he’s shooting 40% from deep! 

5 hours ago, andy1234 said:

Bruh, it’s not that deep.

I guess I shouldn't complain, I gotta take SOMEONE'S money, after all. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, L3onD said:

dude, he’s 19...played what, 16,17 games so far...stocks will come, rebs will come, he will progress majorly, i actually hope he falls in the draft next year cause he’ll be a force for years to come...

I have a feeling Zion will never be on my team. He is an extreme example of a category of player that is about FG%, points, and that's about it. He gets less rebs than most bigs, hurts FT% to the point that it has to be punted, and low stocks. His height prevents him from blocking shots at the NBA level. He is ranked #95 in 8-cat, and I would not draft him higher than 60. So I'm sure I will never get him.

He is a force of nature, to be sure. And I love to watch him. But this is business.

• Like 2