Sign in to follow this  
larfboy

The next acuña

I have to credit this forum for helping me land acuna for free when he was still relatively undiscovered milb player. 

given that wander Franco is not really a secret anymore...

who do you guys see as the next acuña?

ive heard jasson Dominguez But would like to perhaps land a few more. 

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, larfboy said:

I have to credit this forum for helping me land acuna for free when he was still relatively undiscovered milb player. 

given that wander Franco is not really a secret anymore...

who do you guys see as the next acuña?

ive heard jasson Dominguez But would like to perhaps land a few more. 

Thanks guys!

lol ... wouldn't we all

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)

Well Luisangel Acuna should literally be the next Acuna.

Noelvi Marte is a guy but after reading his current CBS blurb he is not much of a secret anymore.

Edited by sagrim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, larfboy said:

But would like to perhaps land a few more. 

Indeed always nice to have multiple next Acunas in your fantasy farm system. 

Rusney Castillo , Kevin Maitan , A.J. Reed , Alex Reyes . Grab off waivers ASAP 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Dominguez 

Marte

Erick Pena OF KC

• Like 1

I like Bobby Witt Jr, Corbin Carroll and Jeter Downs as some future potential 5 tool studs

• Like 1

I would rather have the next Juan Soto personally. But since you guys are all missing the mark...It’s Marco Luciano. Dominguez maybe...But Luciano is the next up

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

I would rather have the next Juan Soto personally. But since you guys are all missing the mark...It’s Marco Luciano. Dominguez maybe...But Luciano is the next up

Don’t forget Julio Rodriguez if we are also talking about the next Soto

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

For sure. Getting outside the top 25-50 or so...And M-Orelvis Martinez should be mentioned. 3.5 million dollar baby didn’t disappoint with the aggressive promotion Last year. 

Next Nelson Cruz and Yordan Alvarez could be Heriberto Hernandez. 

should be a fun year following the minors. 

• Like 2

Lewis Brinson is having a huge spring and he was traded for Lecroy then Yelich so u know he great. Sure he has had his bumps but that just lowered his price. Mark it down Brinson is going to the Spring Training Hall Of Fame.

I drafted Yelich one year and then Acuna the next.  Traded them both away stupidly.  I drafted Kristian Robinson last year and am thinking of going for the “Turkey” and trading him too which means he will be the next big thing.  Mammoth power and great speed.

• Like 2

The problem with this thread is that everyone writes about 17-18 year olds more than ever after the rise of acuna/soto.

The Uber talented youngsters primed to make a huge jump one rankings this year seem to be the following

Dominguez(already over hyped)

Erik Pena(next soto type)

Orelvis Martinez(5 cat guy)

Norlvis Marte(5 cat guy)

Aaron Bracho(Soto type)

Heriberto Hernandez(JD Martinez/Nelson Cruz type)

All of these guys but heriberto are top 50 at least on most fantasy prospect lists.  Heriberto gets knocked for s---y defense by most, his exit velocities are insane for his age though.  2nd in all Milb last year

As for guys already hyped ready to become #1 prospect it’s Julio and Luciano for sure.  They’re already top 10ish on most lists.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Dominguez(already over hyped)

you're welcome 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

@brockpapersizer, what's your take on Bracho? I don't know a whole lot about him and am interested on your opinion.

Seems like he can hit pretty well, but he doesn't have much projection in his body left and its not a good body. Seems similar to Wille Calhoun in that sense, but not as good as a hitter but perhaps a more passible defender. Could be solid, doesn't feel like a difference maker though. I'd probably be looking to own him in leagues where like 100 + prospects are owned.

22 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

No chance he’s a Mariner.  He’ll be a bust.  

Posted (edited)

I don’t think they’ll be another Acuna anytime soon.  Guys like Acuna are once in a decade type pops.  The speed power combo is dying.  I don’t see anyone who’s legit 40-40 capable the way Acuna is.  May be a lazy answer but these skills are not seen very often.  I’d use another player comp to find next likely projectable speed combo guy like a Starling Marte or a Pham.

Edited by Cmilne23

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Norlvis Marte(5 cat guy)

Please tell me you meant Noelvi Marte or I own the wrong guy.  (I make more typos here than anyone else but just wanted new people to know there is only one Christmas-vi Marte).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Nope. He'll be good. 

Edited by brockpapersizer

59 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Hopefully, he wont ve a crybaby like PAMPERS

I think the guy that has the chance to be the most like Acuna with the speed/power combo is Luis Robert. A lot of experts keep saying he may struggle early in his career until he adjusts to major league pitching, but so far he's proved everyone wrong at every level he's played at in the short time he's played. So far so good in Spring Training too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Team Dynasty said:

I think the guy that has the chance to be the most like Acuna with the speed/power combo is Luis Robert. A lot of experts keep saying he may struggle early in his career until he adjusts to major league pitching, but so far he's proved everyone wrong at every level he's played at in the short time he's played. So far so good in Spring Training too.

AAAAAAAAAAAAGREED!

He is the lovechild of Trout and Acuna...

Edited by dfstout

10 hours ago, Team Dynasty said:

I think the guy that has the chance to be the most like Acuna with the speed/power combo is Luis Robert.

That certainly may be true, though I believe the premise of this thread in a broader sense is "help me find the next superstar prospect I can add to my roster before the other managers in my league become wise to him".

• Like 1