Sign in to follow this  
Coach George

Kyle Lewis 2020 Outlook

Lewis has always had more promise in my eyes than in the eyes of others.  He's battled knee issues but he's looking healthy and ready to have a nice year in 2020.  He's really not getting much love at all but he might be my favorite sleeper...his ADP on NFBC is right around 400 right now.  He's dirt cheap.  He's got 3 HRs this spring.

He's the definition of a sleeper in my opinion.

• Like 3

If memory serves he was a 1st round draft pick and then had a really bad knee injury, possibly of the “will never be the same again” variety.  So it seems like the talent is there but staying on the field for a whole season is a question mark

5 minutes ago, Weekday Warrior said:

If memory serves he was a 1st round draft pick and then had a really bad knee injury, possibly of the “will never be the same again” variety.  So it seems like the talent is there but staying on the field for a whole season is a question mark

He was the Golden Spikes winner at Mercer in college.  Best player in the country.  He sure looks good this spring.

9 hours ago, Coach George said:

He was the Golden Spikes winner at Mercer in college.  Best player in the country.  He sure looks good this spring.

The strikeouts don’t concern you?

The K's are likely to always be an issue, but one you can live with at his cost and guaranteed ABs in the middle of a OK lineup. The hard contact he makes is really sweet, ball jumps off his bat and even if he doesn't walk much, his ABs last Sept were quite good--really worked himself into good counts to attack. My favorite OF3/4 right now given ADP.

• Like 1

Won’t run

Won’t hit for average 

Power was a fluke last year at end of year 

Will hit towards bottom of awful lineup

Don’t see him contributing in any category.

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Won’t run

Won’t hit for average 

Hence an ADP around 400,,,,,,,,,,,,,and if you're wrong.

2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Won’t run

Won’t hit for average 

pretty sure he hit cleanup last night, in a lineup of mostly starters.  I'm on board.

41 minutes ago, HackAZach said:

pretty sure he hit cleanup last night, in a lineup of mostly starters.  I'm on board.

Cleanup in front of who?  A bunch of F- scrubs.  This lineup is probably the worst in baseball.  He’ll probably hit higher vs LHP.  And 6-7 vs RHP.  Unless he runs I can’t see anything more than a .240/60/15/50/0 season.  

5 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Won’t run

Won’t hit for average 

so I take it your all in

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jb_power said:

so I take it your all in

ALL OUT.

id rather get corona than own a Mariner.  I’m on record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mariners manager Scott Servais praised Kyle Lewis' physical condition during a Zoom call with reporters on Sunday.

Lewis finally put his knee issues in the rearview last season and in September delivered an .885 OPS with five home runs over his first 18 major league games. He used the shutdown to work with private hitting, speed, and strength coaches. “Coming back from a very serious knee injury, it takes time,” Servais said. “You might be physically strong and everything checks out, but it’s always in the back of your head. That’s what it looks like to me, that it’s kind of freed him up now. ... The ceiling, the upside for Kyle, the sky is the limit." 

I think it was easy to lose sight of how long a full recovery can take (from a gruesome knee issue)...him being even further down that road can only make rounding out his game possible. Very interested to watch him this season, I would invest on the cheap in deeper dynasty formats while the window is open.

• Like 2

A very hot name right now. This may have been my #1 pick in his FYPD year, and it would have been a bad one, but that's how highly he was thought of once upon a time. His plate discpline hasn't been great in the minors, but he has fought his way back from injuries.  He might just be on a red hot Aquino type run in meaningless games, but if he's available on the WW in a 5 OF league, he should probably be owned. He's locked into the lineup, and there is some upside here.