Dirty Little Birdie

2020 Draft Day Must Haves & Reaches

Posted (edited)

Ok let's hear it. Who can you guys not live without on draft day? In addition - who are some later round guys that you don't mind reaching for? 

Must Have: Gleyber, JRam

Reaches: Castellanos, Olson, Montas, Villar, Soroka, Sano, McCullers, Edman

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie
  • Like 3

Would like atleast 1 share.

Acuna

Degrom

Buehler 

Freeman

Flaherty 

Glasnow

Woodruff 

Luzardo

Grandal 

Keeper league:  I'm kinda wanting to get Luis Robert just in case he's the next big thing.  

Hitters - Joey Gallo, Eugenio Suarez, Yoenis Cespedes, Max Kelpler, Mike Moustakas, Corey Seager, Nick Castellanos, Franmil Reyes
Pitchers - Frankie Montas, Sonny Gray, Tyler Glasnow, Corey Kluber, Sean Manaea, Carlos Carrasco

Must have:  Story, Hiura, Darvish, Glasnow 

Reaches: Franmil, Mercado, Ohtani SP and DH, Maeda

Biggio is my big one this year, been reaching everywhere to get him around 130-150.

other must haves: 

Flaherty

Berrios

Robles

• Like 1

I'm definitely willing to reach a bit for Keston Hiura. I think there's a very good chance he's the number 1 ranked 2B this season. Also find myself making sure that I get Zach Gallen in most drafts. Love his upside over the other pitchers being drafted in the same general area. 

Hitters: Soto, Nelson Cruz, Bichette, Castellanos, Brantley, Mcneil, Lourdes Gurriel Jr.

Pitchers: Clevinger, Berrios, Glasnow, Montas, Luzardo, Boyd, Taylor Rogers

1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Nelson “should be a second rounder” Cruz comes to mind

its amazing to me that Yordan is going like 5 or 6 rounds ahead of Cruz.  i know Cruz COULD potential get hit by father time...but hes in a great lineup and coming off a 1.03 OPS year

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

its amazing to me that Yordan is going like 5 or 6 rounds ahead of Cruz.  i know Cruz COULD potential get hit by father time...but hes in a great lineup and coming off a 1.03 OPS year

thats pretty much not true cruz going 6th 7th rd yordan was 3rd 4th.

you were paying for the floor of yordan being younger 4 cat guy in solid lineup vs the potential of cruz to fall of a cliff

i never like yordan adp so i have 0/5 shares and the knee inj makes it even easier

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

2 “poor mans” versions I’d like to have at their seemingly low cost:

miguel sano, who’s cost to production ratio of what I expect from Pete Alonso is really favorable.

Byron buxton at 195, is pretty much free.  I’d reach a bit to get this poor mans victor robles.  

Not necessarily, must haves, but if I got these 2 anywhere near a few reasonable rounds eariler (more difference for butxon) of their adp, I’d be pleased.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

2 “poor mans” versions I’d like to have at their seemingly low cost:

miguel sano, who’s cost to production ratio of what I expect from Pete Alonso is really favorable.

Byron buxton at 195, is pretty much free.  I’d reach a bit to get this poor mans victor robles.  

Not necessarily, must haves, but if I got these 2 anywhere near a few reasonable rounds eariler (more difference for butxon) of their adp, I’d be pleased.

6 minutes ago, PremiumPlus said:

I won't be coming out of a draft without Gallo.

big fan of sano and gallo too.  both could have MONSTER years and have very good ADP imo.

9 minutes ago, PremiumPlus said:

I won't be coming out of a draft without Gallo.

I want to really like him but the hamate injury and new ball park scare me.

My biggest must haves are Lamet and Castellanos

• Like 1

With the Verlander news, Josh James. 

also love Maeda and Carlos Martinez as solid late options 

Not going to list any 1st round guys as in general these guys are draft position plays until the back part of the 1st anyways.

Must have-JoRam,Meadows,Eloy,Clevinger

Reaches-Franimal,Robert want these guys on every team.

Thank you all for sharing these. I would add my picks but I'm afraid there's a sleeper agent from my league plotting to use my posts to his advantage. 

tinfoilhatguy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

This years Yu Darvish could very well be the best one yet. I’m totally paying the current draft price to find out

Kershaw - his price is at a new low but the velo looks great this year in ST so far. He’s still only 31 years old.

Gallo - having him on my team would be fun even if he hit .215. But if he hits .250 like I think he can (with all the HRs of course) then that would be a blast

Dylan Cease - everyone has that lottery ticket SP in the late rounds. This is just one of them.

Rhys Hoskins - He completely revamped his swing but still has the batting eye and power. Too young to give up on him

Sano - 50 HRs? Yes please

Cavan Biggio - I love guys that draw tons of walks. He hits HRs and steals bases too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

I want to really like him but the hamate injury and new ball park scare me.

My biggest must haves are Lamet and Castellanos

The Hamate injury was quite a while ago. I think he’s past the threshold that they say you are weakened. Gallo hits HRs with his entire body not just his right hand

Ketel Marte. I love the skill set. Most projection systems are rather conservative with their projections, and he is projected to hit .290, but could hit for a higher avg. with 20-25 homers and maybe chip in 10 something steals.

• Like 2