Sign in to follow this  
Picard56

Yuli Gurriel 2020 Outlook

I am not so good at starting these threads, but really wanted to see what people feel about him this year.

He had a Career year last year, and some people are saying it was because of the juiced ball. He did however make some changes to his swing to get more loft and started to pull the ball more.

I think people are sleeping on him for this year after Muncy, Bell and olson are off the board.

Thoughts?

.422 xSLG, almost 36 years old, coming off a clear career year, probably one of the prime candidates of the Astros cheating, I'll be staying away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

.422 xSLG, almost 36 years old, coming off a clear career year, probably one of the prime candidates of the Astros cheating, I'll be staying away.

I agree. Of all the Astros hitters who I'm worried about drafting, Gurriel leads the pack. I want nothing to do with him this season.

• Like 1

Yuli hit 31 dongs, 298 average and over 100 RBIs last year. His NFBC ADP is 130.  I think expecting regression from his output last year is not only smart, but borderline obvious. That being said, his current price is not indicative of repeating.  There's value here if he slips even more.

• Like 1