Gamecubesupreme

How is your league handling the news that NBA is suspending its season?

Commish in our league is refunding everyone's money.

Following this thread. In one of my leagues people are saying split between PO teams. But would be unfair since 8th-12th seed are very close.

• Like 2

As commissioner in my league just waiting to hear further news. Its not like the virus is going to disappear in a month or two (if anything it'll get worse) so its going to be a tough call for NBA. Cancel it or resume in a few weeks to empty stadiums. If cancelled ill probably refund everyone although I don't mind the idea of splitting it between playoff teams. 

Josh Lloyd, the fantasy guru, advocated today that it's not fair to refund everyone's money, since there are teams which were out of the playoffs already, with no chance to win. His idea is that all playoff teams split the pots. Even that is a bit too egalitarian for my taste, since I was planning to win the whole thing.

• Like 5

If this is how it ends I think you have to split amongst playoff teams.  Anybody who had zero chance of getting in wasn't getting money back anyway regardless.  But if the standings are tight that can obviously complicate things, in which case maybe you divide amongst the eligible teams.  In my league I'm in sixth, one game ahead of seventh, and even though it's pretty clear I am going to get in based on the matchup I'm probably going to split our share and just get entry fee back, other five get double entry (12 team league).

Roto leagues with game limits, splitting $ only fair way imo.  Teams winning in standings right now have used up many more games.

13 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

Following this thread. In one of my leagues people are saying split between PO teams. But would be unfair since 8th-12th seed are very close.

and this week isnt even played out yet

We're waiting and seeing. Suspension doesn't mean cancellation, so until word comes out that it's completely done we're sitting on it.

• Like 1

definitely wait it out.  But we havent even started the playoffs yet in my league and this is the last week, but it won't get finished, and there are 3 teams on the bubble.  We have to wait or I have to refund the whole league.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Roto leagues with game limits, splitting $ only fair way imo.  Teams winning in standings right now have used up many more games.

Ugh. I didn’t even think about that. Even if they resume the regular season they probably won’t play the full 82. They might even just resume by starting the playoffs.

Fantasy is basically done for this year.

We're gonna play a 10 man game of HORSE but instead spell out CORONA. If it's anything like this nba season, 3 will go down due to injury and 4 will be DNPs. May the best man win.

• Haha 2

Waiting for more news. Decision will be made in 2 weeks probably for us.

Posted (edited)

We started playoffs last week and are down to the final 4. We normally have prize money for Top 3, so I have told everyone the final 4 teams currently playing get the prize money evenly split amongst them.

Personally I finished on top so was looking forward to champ playoff next week (assuming I got through this week) but this is the fairest and simplest way.

Edited by DamoESP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DamoESP said:

We started playoffs last week and are down to the final 4. We normally have prize money for Top 3, so I have told everyone the final 4 teams currently playing get the prize money evenly split amongst them.

Fairest and simplest way.

If I was in the final 4 bracket I wouldn’t be mad at this at all. Truly only fair way. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Yeah I just cant see anyway this can work out. There are teams in some of my leagues that have already maxed out their games played in some positions. Even if the season re-opens, Yahoo will have to reduce the games played max which means they would have to take away games played from teams who are maxed out, which I just cant see them doing. If they don't do that and allow teams who are already maxed out to keep all of their accumulated stats, then that will just give a blatant advantage to them. 

Ending the fantasy season now is unfair because of said games played advantages.

So unfortunately, I just don't see anyway out of this other than giving everyone their money back, which just sucks. I hope they can come up with something to fix this for all our sakes.

Edited by young_styler

3 minutes ago, young_styler said:

Yeah I just cant see anyway this can work out. There are teams in some of my leagues that have already maxed out their games played in some positions. Even if the season re-opens, Yahoo will have to reduce the games played max which means they would have to take away games played from teams who are maxed out, which I just cant see them doing. If they don't do that and allow teams who are already maxed out to keep all of their accumulated stats, then that will just give a blatant advantage to them. 

Ending the fantasy season now is unfair because of said games played advantages.

So unfortunately, I just don't see anyway out of this other than giving everyone their money back, which just sucks. I hope they can come up with something to fix this for all our sakes.

Hmm, im so confused by what youre saying. If the season reopens and their games played are maxed out, then they dont gain further stats while other teams can. How is that unfair? Why would Yahoo have to reduce the games played max? They wont need to if they pick up the season from where they left off at. I dont understand what youre trying to say here.

49 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

As commissioner in my league just waiting to hear further news. Its not like the virus is going to disappear in a month or two (if anything it'll get worse) so its going to be a tough call for NBA. Cancel it or resume in a few weeks to empty stadiums. If cancelled ill probably refund everyone although I don't mind the idea of splitting it between playoff teams. 

It going to get a lot worse worldwide before it gets better. However as of right now its way too early for any commish to make any decision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jay_00 said:

Hmm, im so confused by what youre saying. If the season reopens and their games played are maxed out, then they dont gain further stats while other teams can. How is that unfair? Why would Yahoo have to reduce the games played max? They wont need to if they pick up the season from where they left off at. I dont understand what youre trying to say here.

I meant to add that this is if the NBA shortens the regular season (which I think they would) Yahoo should reduce the max number of games.

I have seen the suggestion that commissioners freeze transactions for now (so people don't benefit from picking up Brogdon, Oubre, etc)

Not sure about it. Any thoughts?

Also:

If you do this, what about when the games are starting back up and you (as commissioner) turn the transactions back on? Do you make it follow waiver order, or just let it be a free-for-all? 

9 minutes ago, JStyles said:

I will be fleeing the country with my league's pot

To bad you can’t travel bruh 

• Haha 1

Obviously I’m waiting and seeing what happens, but my league is losing their collective **** right now.

• Like 1