Abhi

Pickups if season resumes

47 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

If you're late on pickup(s), then boo hoo. If you don't have cutthroat mentality, then this isn't for you.

This.

6 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

How is stashing unfair if EVERYONE is allowed to do it? I find the INJ block unnecessary and borderline control obsessive. 

And this.

It's fantasy lol, when it's all within the rule, it ain't place nice it's play win 

• Like 1

I'm the commissioner in my own league which I've locked. In my second league (kind of a joke league that's not super competitive haha) most of the guys listed by op are still available :D Trying to figure out who comes back first in case the season resumes in 1-2 months and that commish decides players are up for grabs lol

At quick glance this is the order I'd think they return in: 

Simmons

Oubre

Wall

Isaac

Thompson

Irving

Durant

What do other people think? The league I'm in Jaren Jackson Jr is also on the wire. I guess he prob comes back before Simmons and would be the #1 priority?

yall trippin.. dont get mad cuz someone had the wit to make a smart business move. it's such a unique situation i think its dope how it adds to the complexity of fantasy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Stashing is stashing. Everyone and their grandma abuses the IL slots all season. If you say you don't, then you're a hypocrite.

If you're late on pickup(s), then boo hoo. If you don't have cutthroat mentality, then this isn't for you.

im guessing youre a huge Harden fan. 🙄

Posted (edited)

Ya'll dumb AF. Cut throat? You mean thirsty as f-ck to do something as corny as oh the NBA is suspended let me stash so and so player because I want to so badly have the regular season and playoffs continue even if we have to wait until june for the regular season to come back. Ok clowns keep thinking clownish things and keep calling it wise business cut throat moves. In my situation I was immediate to tell the commissioner of our league once it was announced the season was suspended to lock moves because I dont want anyone doing something clownish like stashing injured players who would be back 3 weeks from now and his response was "why would anyone pick up people?" and I said because theres always that weirdo dude in every league. Of course that weirdo dude picked up to stash players so I made sure to text back I told you so.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Ya'll dumb AF. Cut throat? You mean thirsty as f-ck to do something as corny as oh the NBA is suspended let me stash so and so player because I want to so badly have the regular season and playoffs continue even if we have to wait until june for the regular season to come back. Ok clowns keep thinking clownish things and keep calling it wise business cut throat moves. In my situation I was immediate to tell the commissioner of our league once it was announced the season was suspended to lock moves because I dont want anyone doing something clownish like stashing injured players who would be back 3 weeks from now and his response was "why would anyone pick up people?" and I said because theres always that weirdo dude in every league. Of course that weirdo dude picked up to stash players so I made sure to text back I told you so.

LOL not sure why you're getting so offended by people asking what they should do in their leagues where FA's haven't been locked. It still warrants discussion where locking hasn't taken place.

Like I said I'm the commissioner in my league. I locked my league. I'm not the commissioner in every league that I play in though. I think most competitive leagues with a logical commish will lock but that may not be the case for all and is clearly not happening everywhere since people are in here trying to figure out who the adds are if play resumes months from now. I messaged the commish in my other league to advise to lock and he didn't seem to think it was a big deal lol I think he's a goof and wrong but I have no control over what he does.

Maybe the season is over and we never restart play but if that's not the case and we resume for leagues where we have no control over FA adds then it's perfectly valid to want to discuss who the pickups are.

Clearly there are bigger concerns in the world right now than fantasy basketball but we just have to hope that things improve for all countries, minimal lives are lost and that things get back to normal soon. While Western countries are just at the beginning of the virus cycle China has already started to see a decline in cases and there's even talk of the CBA resuming in April. The NBA will restart at some point possibly and hopefully in a few months and there's nothing wrong with discussing what to do with our teams in leagues we can't control. Either way, doing so is a good distraction from some scary things that are happening right now.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

LOL not sure why you're getting so offended by people asking what they should do in their leagues where FA's haven't been locked. It still warrants discussion where locking hasn't taken place.

Like I said I'm the commissioner in my league. I locked my league. I'm not the commissioner in every league that I play in though. I think most competitive leagues with a logical commish will lock but that may not be the case for all and is clearly not happening everywhere since people are in here trying to figure out who the adds are if play resumes months from now. I messaged the commish in my other league to advise to lock and he didn't seem to think it was a big deal lol I think he's a goof and wrong but I have no control over what he does.

Maybe the season is over and we never restart play but if that's not the case and we resume for leagues where we have no control over FA adds then it's perfectly valid to want to discuss who the pickups are.

Clearly there are bigger concerns in the world right now than fantasy basketball but we just have to hope that things improve for all countries, minimal lives are lost and that things get back to normal soon. While Western countries are just at the beginning of the virus cycle China has already started to see a decline in cases and there's even talk of the CBA resuming in April. The NBA will restart at some point possibly and hopefully in a few months and there's nothing wrong with discussing what to do with our teams in leagues we can't control. Either way, doing so is a good distraction from some scary things that are happening right now.

Didnt read your essay besides the first 8 words. Not offended just saying it like it is and i dont care who likes it or not. Oh and theres no sports for the foreseeable future so meh.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

42 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Didnt read your essay besides the first 8 words. Not offended just saying it like it is and i dont care who likes it or not. Oh and theres no sports for the foreseeable future so meh.

Why even bother to come to a message board and respond, if you don't even care enough to even read the posts of the folks you're responding to?  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Why even bother to come to a message board and respond, if you don't even care enough to even read the posts of the folks you're responding to?  

Because i dony care whether they agree or not. People are corny and thirsty capitalizing on injured players they would never pick up if the season never got suspended. Why do I care about reading the opposite? Either agree or disagree but thats my opinion. And i already read other opinions as i stated by answering it in the first sentence of my last post. do i need to read another saying the opposite of what i feel? No. 

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

8 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The pickup is no one. WIsh Yahoo did a league wide lock of all leagues, Pro & Custom. For sure there are bush league tactics being used to take advantage of any situation such as this. Instead of playing out a honest season / league which has been compromised people try to do whatever it takes to win, even if they aren't close to earning it. It's a reflection of the bad side of humanity........ people are out there trying to save their jobs, lives, families and then you have people who have nothing better to do than take advantage of a bad situation. Call me harsh but I'm throwing these foolish and incompetent GMs into the same silo as the scumbags of society who tried to sell face masks and hand sanitizer for 100x the cost, or much worse, the morons who are collecting used face masks and reselling them for profit. Hopefully majority of commishs smarten up and reverse all the action!!!

/rant

Edited by mtx
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, mtx said:

The pickup is no one. WIsh Yahoo did a league wide lock of all leagues, Pro & Custom. For sure there are bush league tactics being used to take advantage of any situation such as this. Instead of playing out a honest season / league which has been compromised people try to do whatever it takes to win, even if they aren't close to earning it. It's a reflection of the bad side of humanity........ people are out there trying to save their jobs, lives, families and then you have people who have nothing better to do than take advantage of a bad situation. Call me harsh but I'm throwing these foolish and incompetent GMs into the same silo as the scumbags of society who tried to sell face masks and hand sanitizer for 100x the cost, or much worse, the morons who are collecting used face masks and reselling them for profit. Hopefully majority of commishs smarten up and reverse all the action!!!

/rant

Same with people who were selling Kobe shoes online for 10x the price on the day he died

I snapped all their ID on taobao and posted them on weibo so no one buys their stuff.  There were even some Chinese *fans* bad mouthing Kobe said he died too early that he couldn't stock up on all his shoes so he can make a profit.  These types of scums are what makes Chinese people look bad FFS ... I hate them.

/rant

Wait so the righteous people always let the teams who lose a major player pick up the player who benefits?  What a gentleman. I’ve never seen that happen. Hey John, KAT is sitting out with a bum wrist why don’t you get Naz while we all wait here sipping out English tea.  Sure. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Wait so the righteous people always let the teams who lose a major player pick up the player who benefits?  What a gentleman. I’ve never seen that happen. Hey John, KAT is sitting out with a bum wrist why don’t you get Naz while we all wait here sipping out English tea.  Sure. 

What a dumb az stance. As if this kind of scenario ( coronavirus) has ever happenef before where an nba season gets suspended. Idiot we are not talking about any scenario this is literally the first and only and trash bags like you feel like oh ita just everyday occurrence they dropped the ball im going to capitalize.  Would you pick up ben simmons today knowing he wont help you at all for at least 2 weeks if things were normal? No. You are only picking up these FA because you are thirsty for a championship and basically pathetic. 

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1

Buncha crybabies in here. Play to win if the rules allow it. Sorry if your “plans” get ruined from it. So I’m a piece of **** because people are dying and because of that I get to pickup Oubre? My Mitchell is INFECTED and may possibly die or be sidelined longer, but do you hear me complaining that I’d have to pickup clarkson from that? No..play on

On 3/13/2020 at 1:59 PM, Johnnyapplebot said:

I guess you like losing. In Pro leagues for Yahoo there is no commissioner that can lock down a league. If im paying money in a pro league, i want to WIN money, not lose. You keep your attitude and you'll lose money, plain and simple. Go ahead and have fun calling someone thirsty when hes taking home like $1000 while you're crying from your couch about him being thirsty,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

I guess you like losing. In Pro leagues for Yahoo there is no commissioner that can lock down a league. If im paying money in a pro league, i want to WIN money, not lose. You keep your attitude and you'll lose money, plain and simple. Go ahead and have fun calling someone thirsty when hes taking home like $1000 while you're crying from your couch about him being thirsty,

Bodies start to drop, hit da floor, now they wanna kno me since im on top

1 hour ago, jay_00 said:

Learn to read. I said immediately called my commissioner to tell them my problem. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Learn to read. I said immediately called my commissioner to tell them my problem. 

Oh i def can read, and this stuck out the most:

On 3/13/2020 at 1:59 PM, Johnnyapplebot said:

Ok clowns keep thinking clownish things and keep calling it wise business cut throat moves.

Youre clearly talking to the people in this post, not the people in your league. That is of course unless the people in this post are in your league, then that would be another story. Clearly looks like youre getting mad at others being smart. I personally got beat out on those guys in my leagues, but im not mad at it. They hustled to it, i didnt. I only blame myself for being slower.

Edited by jay_00
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jay_00 said:

Oh i def can read, and this stuck out the most:

Youre clearly talking to the people in this post, not the people in your league. That is of course unless the people in this post are in your league, then that would be another story. Clearly looks like youre getting mad at others being smart. I personally got beat out on those guys in my leagues, but im not mad at it. They hustled to it, i didnt. I only blame myself for being slower.

Oh you are literally taking it as i said it. CLOWNS in all leagues do this. So own up to be one cause you clearly are one. And unlike the last one i said where i didnt want to read his essay i read your entite post clown.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

26 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Oh you are literally taking it as i said it. CLOWNS in all leagues do this. So own up to be one cause you clearly are one. And unlike the last one i said where i didnt want to read his essay i read your entite post clown.

Clowns in all leagues do this? I’ve yet to see this in any league I play in.