ginocan

Ryan Tannehill 2020 Outlook

On 9/3/2020 at 8:03 PM, cheezor42 said:

The QB that made Derrick Henry relevant.  

Turns out Tanny is actually a really damn good QB.  Made everyone on that tram around him instantly better too. 

love the “regression” critics or people thinking cause they pound the rock he wont put up numbers...keeping him super ******** cheap.  Getting him in the end of drafts as my QB2 in a superflex and feel great about the value.

sure he could bust but the value is great and the upside is well worth it (in 2QB leagues especially) 

Absolutely agree. I did my first 2 QB league this yr and got Tannehill in the 14th round. It’s mind blowing how slept on he is. He’ll get around 30 passing TDs, 5 rushing TDs, 4,000+ passing yards. He’s a top 12 fantasy QB easily. 

By far the best QBR last yr for an entire 10 game stretch (top 5 fantasy production too). That was coming off major injury and into a new system. Excited for Tannehill 

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jkendrick2 said:

Rolling with Tannehill over Brees this week. Anyone else rolling him out?

Jags are trash and their DC sucks. Start with confidence.

picked him up to stream this week and next vs Vikings, but saw AJ Brown is out.

what are we expecting from tannehill w/o Brown?

1 hour ago, rahuLL said:

picked him up to stream this week and next vs Vikings, but saw AJ Brown is out.

what are we expecting from tannehill w/o Brown?

He’s still good for 18-24 points in standard next 2 weeks imo.  Jonnu and Davis and Henry are enough pieces to move the chains. AJ was hurt and did nothing against Denver and Tanny still did fine, almost had another TD at the end.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:11 PM, cheezor42 said:

He’s still good for 18-24 points in standard next 2 weeks imo.  Jonnu and Davis and Henry are enough pieces to move the chains. AJ was hurt and did nothing against Denver and Tanny still did fine, almost had another TD at the end.

yea aj didn't look right on Monday night. Hopefully tannehill uses his legs more these games.

Stud WR in A.J. Brown out? No problem. 239/4/0.....on 24 attempts!

Tannehill just keeps producing with insane efficiency. I didn't have the balls to start him this week with A.J. out, but Tannehill is doing what he did last year....at least for now. 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:40 PM, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Absolutely agree. I did my first 2 QB league this yr and got Tannehill in the 14th round. It’s mind blowing how slept on he is. He’ll get around 30 passing TDs, 5 rushing TDs, 4,000+ passing yards. He’s a top 12 fantasy QB easily. 

By far the best QBR last yr for an entire 10 game stretch (top 5 fantasy production too). That was coming off major injury and into a new system. Excited for Tannehill 

Dropped Brees for TanneDrill this morning and can't believe it took me this long to come to my senses. As good as (or better than) any QB in the past 12 reg season games. Calling him a streamer at this point is just disrespect

22 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Dropped Brees for TanneDrill this morning and can't believe it took me this long to come to my senses. As good as (or better than) any QB in the past 12 reg season games. Calling him a streamer at this point is just disrespect

I did the same this morning before the game. I didn't start him but after owning him last season there's no reason he should be on the WW.

Every week starter if you don't have any of the top guys.

Edited by n4sa

On 9/20/2020 at 9:46 PM, n4sa said:

I did the same this morning before the game. I didn't start him but after owning him last season there's no reason he should be on the WW.

Every week starter if you don't have any of the top guys.

I thought I had a top guy in Watson, but he hasn’t looked good. Picked up Tannehill just in case Watson can’t turn it around without Nuk. 

This week looks promising, getting the Vikes at home, but this feels like a week in which Henry is going to go nuts. Tanny might get a couple TDs in the first half, but I think Henry will finish with 2-3 TDs...he’s just due for some scores. 

I owned Tanny over the second half last year, so I remember how well he played. Hopefully he can just continue lol. 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

I thought I had a top guy in Watson, but he hasn’t looked good. Picked up Tannehill just in case Watson can’t turn it around without Nuk. 

This week looks promising, getting the Vikes at home, but this feels like a week in which Henry is going to go nuts. Tanny might get a couple TDs in the first half, but I think Henry will finish with 2-3 TDs...he’s just due for some scores. 

I owned Tanny over the second half last year, so I remember how well he played. Hopefully he can just continue lol. 

Tannehill seems to have found success with the Titans, he has been a great fantasy QB given his adp. I wonder what has changed for him in Tennessee?

Someone posted tweeted a stat this week, it was along the lines of, since Tannehill took over only Mahomes, Jackson and CMC had more scored more fantasy points. 

Hes been criminally underrated, I just worry a bit with his upcoming schendule (Pitt, Buff). 

Edited by Foppatosakic

11 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

Someone posted tweeted a stat this week, it was along the lines of, since Tannehill took over only Mahomes, Jackson and CMC had more scored more fantasy points. 

Hes been criminally underrated, I just worry a bit with his upcoming schendule (Pitt, Buff). 

Can you link this tweet? Would love to share this with my league mates. 

Upcoming tough few games but this week is (another) no brainer. MIN's been thrashed in the secondary and Tannedrill's gonna hang his nuts on them. Even with PIT and BUFF I think you almost have to start at this point until he stops throwing multiple TD's aka breaks his 9 game streak.

2 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Upcoming tough few games but this week is (another) no brainer. MIN's been thrashed in the secondary and Tannedrill's gonna hang his nuts on them. Even with PIT and BUFF I think you almost have to start at this point until he stops throwing multiple TD's aka breaks his 9 game streak.

I do like the matchup but I think we're underestimating the Vikes considering they didn't play that poorly against Indy...it was more Cousins.

They're at home and they are desperate. Never discount a team when they're desperate. Tannehill a low end QB1 this week- safe and steady but I don't think week winning. 

2 hours ago, Foppatosakic said:

He really has. He's been nothing short of spectacular since taking over in Tennessee, and he's not even owned in some leagues. 

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I do like the matchup but I think we're underestimating the Vikes considering they didn't play that poorly against Indy...it was more Cousins.

They're at home and they are desperate. Never discount a team when they're desperate. Tannehill a low end QB1 this week- safe and steady but I don't think week winning. 

The Vikes (Cousins) will be desperate but hopefully that bodes well with the game script for our guy as well. High above anything possible for a streamer

20 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He really has. He's been nothing short of spectacular since taking over in Tennessee, and he's not even owned in some leagues. 

This all day. And I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't even realize he was the 3rd ranked QB in regular 4pt/TD QB rankings from week 7 (when he took the job) through week 17, and that was after some QBs had already had their bye weeks. I think Tennessee had theirs in week 11 last year. But he was THIRD. In my league, he averaged 23.13 ppg in 2019...he's averaging 23.06 through two games so far. 

I'm thinking he's not a streamer and is actually a weekly starter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tannehill seems to have found success with the Titans, he has been a great fantasy QB given his adp. I wonder what has changed for him in Tennessee?

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Imagine if he had a ground game to take some pressure off of him...

Sorry...you're going to have to spell it out for me. I have no clue what you're talking about. 

/s (for the sarcasm impaired)

• Haha 1

The “experts” have this guy at a consensus QB17 ranking this week. It’s actually hard to believe how dumb some of these fantasy analysts are.

1 minute ago, cheezor42 said:

The “experts” have this guy at a consensus QB17 ranking this week. It’s actually hard to believe how dumb some of these fantasy analysts are.

My guess is that the experts are seeing this as a Derrick Henry game where Tannehill barely passes in the 2nd half.