ginocan

Ryan Tannehill 2020 Outlook

He’s playing great and taking advantage of good matchups.

Two valid concerns that should be noted are the difficult schedule ahead and the fact that he just lost his Pro-Bowl Left Tackle for the season.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Màholmes who?

Right. I knew Tannehill had played well for the Titans but those numbers are QB1 type stats. 

2 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Right. I knew Tannehill had played well for the Titans but those numbers are QB1 type stats. 

Yeah, I thought Tannehill was good but those numbers are absurd and they almost made the super bowl.

Derrick Henry when asked about Tom Brady joining the Titans said that would be great and all but why not Ryan Tannehill? I laughed in the moment but as the weeks go by I'm reconsidering that. Tannehill is playing out of his mind and to me it truly underscores how terrible Marcus Mariota and the previous Titans coaches were.

Vrabel almost immediately announced Henry the starter, recognizing his talent for drawing extra defenders into the box to stop the run. This makes play action pitch and catch and Tannehill has been nailing it. It's a simplistic but deadly combo as evidenced by the Titans being undefeated so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MingusDew said:

Seahawks bye week so this cat erupted in my starting lineup.

The Tannehill + AJ Brown stack is unstoppable. It was last year and nothing has changed.

play in a superflex or 2QB league with Tanny/AJB and Russ/DK stack and you’ll never have to feel bad again :).  

For those who have Tanny and a top 3QB in regular leagues and can get something nice for them I’d go for it. I’m guessing Hill will finish somewhere between QB5-8 overall but I’m higher on him than most.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

play in a superflex or 2QB league with Tanny/AJB and Russ/DK stack and you’ll never have to feel bad again :).  

For those who have Tanny and a top 3QB in regular leagues and can get something nice for them I’d go for it. I’m guessing Hill will finish somewhere between QB5-8 overall but I’m higher on him than most.

[...] He's got a tough matchup next week tho so if you are in a position where you can sell I'd say now's as good a time as any (or wait till Wednesday after waivers clear where his ownership should shoot up even higher and then start making some offers)

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

6 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Màholmes who?

actually I saw a stat that showed he and Mahomes have almost identical numbers over the past X games (I do not recall the exact number)

he has a darn good floor for a non-running QB and for a team that runs like they do with Henry.

11 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

ROS where does he rank among other QB's?

Without thinking too hard I think I’d take him before Brady and Goff ... and maybe after or around Watson?    Depends on what you want/need of course.  Except for the stinker (fantasy points-wise) against Minnesota where he didn’t throw for any TDs and didn’t have AJ, he’s been pretty good.  Been great the last two with AJ back.

Thirty-seven touchdowns, seven interceptions, 4,188 yards, five rushing touchdowns, a completion percentage of 69.1 percent, a passer rating of 116.5 and a 12-4 record as a starter.

That’s the numbers racked up by Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill over his first 16 regular season starts as quarterback in Tennessee.

Since taking over for Marcus Mariota midway through last season, Tannehill has performed like one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. If you used Tannehill’s last 16 starts as a full season comparison to the entire league in 2019, Tannehill would have ranked sixth in passing yards, fourth in completion percentage, first in touchdowns and first in passer rating.

It’s been a growing year and a half from being traded here as a backup, starting the season off as a backup, getting opportunity, kind of jumping into that role, trying not to look back in and just growing and learning,” Tannehill said Wednesday, via Teresa Walker of the Associated Press.

******************Only Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks has thrown more touchdowns (39) since Tannehill assumed the starting gig in Tennessee last season.********************

In helping lead the Titans to a 5-1 start this season, Tannehill has thrown 15 touchdowns with just two interceptions. He’s completing 68.5 percent of his passes with a 112.3 passer rating. All four statistics rank inside the top 10 in the league at the position.

Tannehill’s play has helped fully unlock Derrick Henry in Tennessee’s offense and allowed the Titans to become an efficient offensive attack. And with a full season’s worth of starts in Tennessee under his belt, he’s vaulted himself into the conversation as one of the league’s best.

“So thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this organization, part of this team,” Tannehill said. “And thankful for the teammates that I have around me that make going out there and playing each and every day a ton of fun, and obviously winning is a lot of fun as well.”

• Like 1

Has anyone benefited more from a change of scenery? I thought this guy was a bum. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fingers said:

Has anyone benefited more from a change of scenery? I thought this guy was a bum. 

This is a prime example of a guy being in the wrong system with the wrong coach. 

Most guys in the NFL are talented but often times they get with coaches or schemes that don't accentuate their talents. 

Henry was above average with Mike Mularkey, Tannehill was average with Adam Gase.

Vrabel is a good coach I think, he stabilized the organization. Once Tannehill got his opportunity he ran with it. The game is easier when you have a quality coach. They look super prepared, Vrabel understands how to win from his time in NE. 

It's just a perfect example to me of how things start to come together when you have a coach with a clear vision of how to be successful and he finds guys to execute his vision. 

24 minutes ago, fingers said:

I always liked Tannehill, dating back to his Miami days. Gase was horrendeous. Miami as a franchise did a poor job building that oline just like the Clots wasted Lucks career in Indianapolis

Anyone alive in here? Anyone firing him up Thursday. I'm being forced into action. Hoping the titans defense doesn't show up and forces tannehill to sling it

32 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Anyone alive in here? Anyone firing him up Thursday. I'm being forced into action. Hoping the titans defense doesn't show up and forces tannehill to sling it

I am in a super flex but I’m not optimistic.  Upcoming schedule is brutal...

8 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I’d grab Tua if he’s available. 

I'm a little nervous this week with the matchup, and was considering finding a streaming option...but then decided to stay confident with Tannehill. Even in tough matchups like Chicago, he still put up 15+ and has shown to have a pretty stable floor.

After looking closer into the Colts defense too, here's something to consider when noticing they've been the second lowest point-allowing defense to QB's...look at who they've played and you'll notice a majority of the QBs they faced are some of the worst fantasy QBs. So I think their defensive statistics are a little inflated and Tannehill can still have a good day against them on Thursday.

Good news, I believe, is that the Colts allow a lot more through the air than on the ground; so Tannehill will likely have to throw more. Indy allowed both Stafford and Burrow to throw for over 300 yards, but has yet to allow 100 yards rushing this season.

3 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Good news, I believe, is that the Colts allow a lot more through the air than on the ground; so Tannehill will likely have to throw more. Indy allowed both Stafford and Burrow to throw for over 300 yards, but has yet to allow 100 yards rushing this season.

It says on his yahoo page that Indianapolis has given up the fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks this year.

And you’re saying that they’re stronger against the run.

Doesn’t seem promising.  

9 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

It says on his yahoo page that Indianapolis has given up the fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks this year.

Doesn’t seem promising.  

I think this stat is a little misleading...I'm not terribly worried about it. Here's the list of QB's they've played against this year...Burrow and Stafford both threw for over 300 yards against them and none of these other guys are going to put up a lot of yards regardless of who they play.

Minshew

Cousins

Darnold

Foles

Mayfield

Burrow

Stafford

Lamar

Edited by GoPackGo23

4 hours ago, TheFire said:

I’d grab Tua if he’s available. 

He's not. Best is luton or cousins

16 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I think this stat is a little misleading...I'm not terribly worried about it. Here's the list of QB's they've played against this year...Burrow and Stafford both threw for over 300 yards against them and none of these other guys are going to put up a lot of yards regardless of who they play.

Minshew

Cousins

Darnold

Foles

Mayfield

Burrow

Stafford

Lamar

Sweet was about to look this up to give me some hope lol. Vegas has him at -180 to throw 1.5 TDs over under. So seems like they think he's gonna throw at least 2

48 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Doesn’t seem promising.  

Context.

As noted, the only two decent QBs they faced this year went over 300 yards passing. They faced Lamar Jackson, but he's thrown for over 200 yards a grand total of one time in his last six starts.

Stafford just dropped his highest fantasy score of the season on Indy. Without Kenny Golladay.

Edited by LongBalls