Rotoworld.com Forums

Ryan Tannehill 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Sweet was about to look this up to give me some hope lol. Vegas has him at -180 to throw 1.5 TDs over under. So seems like they think he's gonna throw at least 2

Nothing wrong with taking a glass half full approach.  Fantasy points allowed in standard leagues, excluding their week 1 game against the Jags which was basically a preseason game (Minshew went off for 25 points).

Stafford - 28 

Mayfield - 18

Jackson - 17

Burrow - 16

Foles - 13

Darnold - 8

Cousins - Negative 2

Burrow did not throw a TD - his day was salvaged by a rushing TD (but I wouldn’t call that a fluke because he has 3 already).

Any way you slice it, QBs tend not to hit their projected point totals vs Indianapolis.  That doesn’t mean Tannehill won’t go off for 25+ on my bench.  But I’m not willing to risk a point total in the mid-to-high teens.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lewan was a huge loss. Titans havent scored 30 since he got hurt. Only reason to hold is weeks 13-16 is CLE, JAX, DET, GB You cant play him against teams like Chicago, Indy or Baltimore.

RYAN TANNEHILL HAS HAD STATS COMPARABLE TO PATRICK MAHOMES LAST 24 GAMES   https://www.outkick.com/ryan-tannehill-has-had-stats-comparable-to-patrick-mahomes-last-24-games/

I still have trouble accepting that AxeElf and @DerrickHenrysCleats were both right. My world view is shattered, my head hurts. I'm not entirely sure but I think this must be one of the harb

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

They only played 2 decent QBs?  Give me a break, man.

Look at the list. I'm done with your empty commenting.

They have played QB22, QB23, QB31, QB28, QB26 in fantasy. Any time they have faced a QB in the top 20 they have allowed over 17 fantasy points to the QB position. Tannehill is currently QB10.

Edited by LongBalls
15 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Look at the list. I'm done with your empty commenting.

They have played QB22, QB23, QB31, QB28, QB26 in fantasy. Any time they have faced a QB in the top 20 they have allowed over 17 fantasy points to the QB position.

So what?  How do Lamar Jackson and Kirk Cousins qualify as worse than decent aka passable talents out of the QB slot?  That makes no sense, man.  Hell, even Baker Mayfield is better than just passable.  Maybe not much better.

Edited by Tommy Lee Jones

I'm officially worried.

Titans are in a funk, and it's possible Tannehill has turned back into a pumpkin (or just that losing Lewan has had a HUGE impact).

But it's 4 straight average to subpar games, and Tennessee's defense might show some improvement with the addition of King.  Need shootouts or the opposition to completely sell out to stop Henry, and that doesn't look like the gameplan anymore.

[...] I wouldn't advise dropping Tannehil outright at this point, but looking at the wire for an alternative to have on hand might be wise.

I like Tannehill.  I think the situation in Miami held him down and Tennessee is a great spot for him.  Unfortunately the replacement of Lewan with Sambrailo looks like it's a really big deal, and unlikely to get better.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I'm officially worried.

Titans are in a funk, and it's possible Tannehill has turned back into a pumpkin (or just that losing Lewan has had a HUGE impact).

But it's 4 straight average to subpar games, and Tennessee's defense might show some improvement with the addition of King.  Need shootouts or the opposition to completely sell out to stop Henry, and that doesn't look like the gameplan anymore.

[...] I wouldn't advise dropping Tannehil outright at this point, but looking at the wire for an alternative to have on hand might be wise.

I like Tannehill.  I think the situation in Miami held him down and Tennessee is a great spot for him.  Unfortunately the replacement of Lewan with Sambrailo looks like it's a really big deal, and unlikely to get better.

Lewan was a huge loss. Titans havent scored 30 since he got hurt. Only reason to hold is weeks 13-16 is CLE, JAX, DET, GB You cant play him against teams like Chicago, Indy or Baltimore.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Evincar said:

Yeah, deadly stretch of CHI, IND, BAL, IND

Tannehill has been a fantasy stud but I'd have to stream a different QB during those matchups.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He's locked in as my starter this week, but I'm concerned that Henry just runs all over the Lions and they don't even have to throw the ball.  Stafford likely out means the Lions aren't going to score much and that doesn't help either.  This feels like a trap and I don't much like it.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

He's locked in as my starter this week, but I'm concerned that Henry just runs all over the Lions and they don't even have to throw the ball.  Stafford likely out means the Lions aren't going to score much and that doesn't help either.  This feels like a trap and I don't much like it.

I'm in a similar situation as you. Lions are worst in the league for stopping the run. Seems like a huge Henry game and then for them to run the clock out

1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

I'm in a similar situation as you. Lions are worst in the league for stopping the run. Seems like a huge Henry game and then for them to run the clock out

Well, if you want to feel better, here's the other side of the coin; Patricia is gone now, so they can actually run a real defensive scheme.  It's possible they sell out to hold Henry and make Ryan beat them.  Which he will, the Lions are down 2 starting CBs.  If Deandre Swift can put the team on his back against the Titans run D, he might help Chase Daniel just enough to make the offense move a little bit.

As a Lions fan, with my fantasy team on Tannehill's shoulders, I just know this game is going to be wire-to-wire anxiety.  Not very chill, bro.

11 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Rather play him than the waiver guys ... Hurts, Hill, Goff, Trubisky, etc.

Agree on this but making the call on Tannehill vs. a Watson or Herbert are going to be very tough. Ceiling seems low but still think a floor of 15 points seems reasonable (225-250 passing yards, 1TD, some rushing yards).

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Agree on this but making the call on Tannehill vs. a Watson or Herbert are going to be very tough. Ceiling seems low but still think a floor of 15 points seems reasonable (225-250 passing yards, 1TD, some rushing yards).

Yup, for reference I am starting Watson over Tannehill this week. Tannehill has a similar floor to these other top 10 guys, but I just don't see him having the same ceiling as the others ranked around him this week. If you are a projected favorite in your matchup, I wouldn't mind playing it safe with Tanny this week...but there's other guys to consider if you want some additional upside. I think it will be hard for him to have a ton of volume and high yardage in this one, so you are relying on him being very efficient and scoring a few TDs.

• Like 1
On 12/16/2020 at 11:55 AM, GoPackGo23 said:

Yup, for reference I am starting Watson over Tannehill this week. Tannehill has a similar floor to these other top 10 guys, but I just don't see him having the same ceiling as the others ranked around him this week. If you are a projected favorite in your matchup, I wouldn't mind playing it safe with Tanny this week...but there's other guys to consider if you want some additional upside. I think it will be hard for him to have a ton of volume and high yardage in this one, so you are relying on him being very efficient and scoring a few TDs.

I agree and I’m trying to decide between Tannehill and Brees.  Brees could get 30+ in a shoot out vs KC OR could get hurt after 1 snap let alone split 50/50 with Hill.  Then Tannehill could go off if Lions stack the box or they don’t and Henry gets 100 carries errrr 

29 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Tennyhillz be a top 6 option here in semis week 🥊

He is a good start in 2 QB leagues against a putrid Detroit defense.

If you want to double your pleasure then you could go with the Tannehill/Henry stack and watch the fantasy points get chewed up like Pac-Man pellets.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He is a good start in 2 QB leagues against a putrid Detroit defense.

If you want to double your pleasure then you could go with the Tannehill/Henry stack and watch the fantasy points get chewed up like Pac-Man pellets.

they just may hang 50 on those poor bastids ... hell, even Jonnu might get off the cotdamn milk carton 😁

King Hendry 🤴 leading the parade, of course - but ol' Tennyhillz here will feast. 

For the record, I said at the beginning of the season Tannehill was easily a top 12 fantasy QB and couldn’t understand why he wasn’t getting any attention, but this is a concerning game. Tannehill could be looking at around 16 points because they just don’t need him to throw much in this one. If they don’t have to throw, they won’t. 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:40 PM, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Absolutely agree. I did my first 2 QB league this yr and got Tannehill in the 14th round. It’s mind blowing how slept on he is. He’ll get around 30 passing TDs, 5 rushing TDs, 4,000+ passing yards. He’s a top 12 fantasy QB easily. 

By far the best QBR last yr for an entire 10 game stretch (top 5 fantasy production too). That was coming off major injury and into a new system. Excited for Tannehill 

Spot on projection