FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

Cut from the Falcons. Potential landing spots?

I could see the Eagles having interest. SF could also be interested. Miami needs a RB. New England maybe. Rams?

I can see him going to the panthers, CMC is going to burn out at the rate they are using him.

3 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

Maybe the Titans or Bucs?

bucs could use him with rojo and they can release barber.

He just turned 28. Not sure how ancient that is for an RB in this era but either way I don't see him doing well unless the surrounding offense is elite.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

bucs could use him with rojo and they can release barber.

I think this could be a good landing spot 

Eagles, Bucs, Dolphins seem the most likely to me. Regardless of where he ends up, he won't be a fantasy option unless whoever is in front of him gets hurt.

NFL insider Adam Caplan reports the Seahawks made an offer to free agent RB Devonta Freeman.

Per Caplan, Seattle reportedly extended the offer because "they don't think Rashaad Penny will be ready for Week 1." Freeman meanwhile is holding out for more than what was initially offered. The team has already confirmed that Penny (ACL) will likely begin the year on PUP, but only veteran Marshawn Lynch had been linked to the Seahawks as a fill-in to this point. The big winner here remains Chris Carson, who will inevitably open the season with either fourth-round rookie DeeJay Dallas or a shaky-knees veteran as his sole competition.

RELATED: 
May 20, 2020, 4:11 PM ET

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

NFL insider Adam Caplan reports the Seahawks made an offer to free agent RB Devonta Freeman.

Per Caplan, Seattle reportedly extended the offer because "they don't think Rashaad Penny will be ready for Week 1." Freeman meanwhile is holding out for more than what was initially offered. The team has already confirmed that Penny (ACL) will likely begin the year on PUP, but only veteran Marshawn Lynch had been linked to the Seahawks as a fill-in to this point. The big winner here remains Chris Carson, who will inevitably open the season with either fourth-round rookie DeeJay Dallas or a shaky-knees veteran as his sole competition.

RELATED: 
May 20, 2020, 4:11 PM ET

A team will eventually cave and pay Freeman. Seahawks are going to cave and pay some veteran RB to handle a good amount of the load. They aren't going to rely on re-signing Lynch.

Freeman has a chance to produce. Carson fractured his hip, which is going to limit him immensely. I wouldn't be shocked to see Carson take a major step back this year. Could be closer to a 50/50 split. Freeman is a great early down back and outside of the goal line. Watching so many Falcons games though he gets stuffed on short yardage plays. Use Carson as the thumper and Freeman as the Bambi

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Freeman has a chance to produce. Carson fractured his hip, which is going to limit him immensely. I wouldn't be shocked to see Carson take a major step back this year. Could be closer to a 50/50 split. Freeman is a great early down back and outside of the goal line. Watching so many Falcons games though he gets stuffed on short yardage plays. Use Carson as the thumper and Freeman as the Bambi

Yeah hip injuries are no joke.

Still a stupid offer on Seattle’s part. They have way bigger needs than RB. 

4 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I have been saying the same thing.  Seattle has a huge ? at RB and need to sign a free agent.  Devonta would be the man in Seattle.

If they sign him, the Sea hawks go from the worst team in the division to a competitor.

26 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah hip injuries are no joke.

Still a stupid offer on Seattle’s part. They have way bigger needs than RB. 

Even dumber of Freeman to turn down the $4M. How much does he think he will get? He was awful last year, barely played due to injury the year before, and had an opportunity to join a team where the starter has a fumbling problem and the backup is recovering from major surgery? Yet he thinks he’s better than that? Good luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Even dumber of Freeman to turn down the $4M. How much does he think he will get? He was awful last year, barely played due to injury the year before, and had an opportunity to join a team where the starter has a fumbling problem and the backup is recovering from major surgery? Yet he thinks he’s better than that? Good luck. 

Seriously. Seattle is one spot where he can actually start and get significant volume. I don't know if Carson's fumble issues are actual issues. He did fine the season before and a lot of those fumbles were just really good defensive plays and unlucky. However, hip injury's are no joke. Both are recovering from major injuries.

Maybe Freeman wants 4M and to go to like the Giants so he can sit on the sideline and collect money. Who knows?

The report i read said "up to" 4 million.   There's little chance that was guaranteed money.    I don't know who at this point would offer him more than maybe the league minimum guaranteed.  Not that he's bad, its just a matter of musical chairs.  

• Thanks 2

Also supply and demand.  8-9 hot new RBs, or more, join the league every year.

And plenty of similar options still on the market.  Hard to justify a premium for any of these guys.  Get whomever's cheapest.  Hyde was decent last year. McCoy had a little juice left.  Jonathan Williams had two 100 yard games in 5 days.   

Not to mention also the "wait until training camp, see if this UDFA running back we got is the next Philip Lindsay, or even the next BenJarvus Green Ellis, and that's good enough"

If I was an nfl front office i rather go after jonathan williams if the colts no longer have him on their roster than a cooked freeman. 

Did this guy die from the Rona?  Are we writing him off for 2020 and beyond?

1 hour ago, nll928 said:

Did this guy die from the Rona?  Are we writing him off for 2020 and beyond?

Until he signs its rather difficult to project a stat line. Somewhere like TB could see him finish top ten. If he signed with a team like New England, his value would be pretty shot for 2020.

1 minute ago, buckeyestilidie said:

Until he signs its rather difficult to project a stat line. Somewhere like TB could see him finish top ten. If he signed with a team like New England, his value would be pretty shot for 2020.

You think he wont sign??

1 minute ago, nll928 said:

You think he wont sign??

I'm sure at some point he'll play in 2020. When and where is subjective. 

Top ten?  If the gods of Olympus were awarded a NFL franchise for 2020 and they had Zeus starting at center and Devonta Freeman starting at tailback, Freeman still would not finish in the top ten.

Top Ten!!!