FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

I added Lewis yesterday and Freeman this morning. Let's see how this shakes out. I'm more worried about Saquon's long term outlook in my keeper league...

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

If you need Freeman to save your team might as well start draft prep for next season.

Porque no los dos?

Next man up.

7 hours ago, ponchsox said:

If you need Freeman to save your team might as well start draft prep for next season.

I dunno, compared to all the misplaced waiver wire love for Nyheim Hines and Benny Snell last week, I think Freeman might make a better bench stash than a lot of the RBs people fall over themselves to grab off waivers. 

I think this is the fool's gold pickup of the week, even if he signs. Especially with so many other guys around the league going down. Let someone else in your league bid up based on the name. This team and backfield will be bad, Lewis is going to get the receiving work, and Gallman will be involved. I'd rather have Mike Davis, McKinnon, Henderson, Pittman, Lewis...

• Like 6

I am heavily invested in Sanders and picked him up because I thought he could be the handcuff when he visited Philly (Boston Scott is not good). 

The problem is, this guy has looked so bad the last couple of years it's just hard to see him making any kind of impact. Its a realistic possibility he signs with the Giants or Panthers but can't beat out Davis or Gallman. But still, with how thin RB is, it's a decent little lottery scratcher where you might win $100 bucks. I wouldn't call him a powerball ticket though.

• Like 1

Trying to snag him in my league as he's a FA and can be picked up right now. Anyone know what time player unlocks occur by chance? I'm on the east coast, I'm assuming it's 3:00AM EST your lineups unlock to be able to move players? Planning on moving CMC to my IR and picking him up before people realize tomorrow morning lol.

13 minutes ago, Fantasyguy123 said:

Trying to snag him in my league as he's a FA and can be picked up right now. Anyone know what time player unlocks occur by chance? I'm on the east coast, I'm assuming it's 3:00AM EST your lineups unlock to be able to move players? Planning on moving CMC to my IR and picking him up before people realize tomorrow morning lol.

how can you add him before waivers process?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

how can you add him before waivers process?

He's listed as an FA without a team on the ESPN platform so he's able to be added, just dont have anyone to drop / move as everyone on my roster is locked. This might vary from league to league depending on the settings, not sure. Would have dropped someone from the Monday night games if I had anyone random on my bench. I believe Yahoo still has him listed as ATL so he is locked on that platform depending on what you're using.

Edited by Fantasyguy123

omg thats genius! What sucks is I had im in my 16 team league dropped him before the first games sunday started for a kicker. So now he's locked until wednesday because of me. Bonus I lost Saquon FML

8 minutes ago, Fantasyguy123 said:

He's listed as an FA without a team on the ESPN platform so he's able to be added, just dont have anyone to drop / move as everyone on my roster is locked. This might vary from league to league depending on the settings, not sure. Would have dropped someone from the Monday night games if I had anyone random on my bench. I believe Yahoo still has him listed as ATL so he is locked on that platform depending on what you're using.

He will prolly hit waivers as soon as your players unlock.

Just now, jeremyt7 said:

omg thats genius! What sucks is I had im in my 16 team league dropped him before the first games sunday started for a kicker. So now he's locked until wednesday because of me. Bonus I lost Saquon FML

Ahh gotcha, and yeah thats rough, would have been a nice stash in 16 teamer. I personally agree with some of the people saying he might be fools gold at this point, but i'm sort of in the same boat, lost CMC and Marlon Mack in a 12 team fairly deep league, so want to try and snag and stash for a week or two as I don't have that high of a waiver priority due to having the 1st overall draft pick in the draft lol. Never stayed up for rosters to unlock so I literally have no idea what time they do. Hoping its 3 EST lol

he's only still a fa because he hasn't played this week. But even guys without a team still lock during the waiver period. I imagine at midnight like literally everyone else in the system who isn't owned will not be available til waivers process

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

he's only still a fa because he hasn't played this week. But even guys without a team still lock during the waiver period. I imagine at midnight like literally everyone else in the system who isn't owned will not be available til waivers process

Yeah that probably makes sense to make a situation like this not possible. I just noticed it and haven't encountered a situation where I was trying to add someone who was without a team during a waiver period, so you're probably right. Since I'm up already I guess i'll wait and see.

Just now, Fantasyguy123 said:

Yeah that probably makes sense to make a situation like this not possible. I just noticed it and haven't encountered a situation where I was trying to add someone who was without a team during a waiver period, so you're probably right. Since I'm up already I guess i'll wait and see.

good luck!!

10 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Can he even play this week if he signs?

If he signs with the Giants absolutely yes

Call me crazy but what's to say he doesn't sign with Carolina or SF? Both teams are in need of RB help after this past weekend's games.  

I get the need for a RB with his resume NY now and all, but I would've thought he would've been signed by now. Of course, it's probably all about the money.