FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Freeman should make for a good backup behind Gallman and Lewis. 

Same **** like Fournette backup for rojo 

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

I don't think he's a very good running back. I doubt he's going to get a lot of receiving work. It's a terrible team. But hey, he's probably going to be a starting running back so he's worth a pickup. And who knows, he might surprise everyone and actually perform at a decent level. He's got the opportunity and that's far and away the hardest thing to come by.

are you kidding me? guy is a good rb...last year he was overshadowed by a crappy falcon oline and was sabatoged by the coaches because every time they got in the redzone the falcons like to use the backup rb...they are even doing it now with gurley lol to say he is injury prone is not true...he played a full season last year...he is the best back on the team and will be used in the passing game.

• Like 3

This OLine is bad. But remember they were against Pit and Chi the first 2 weeks. May be the schedule gets better

Just now, c_dilip said:

This OLine is bad. But remember they were against Pit and Chi the first 2 weeks. May be the schedule gets better

as long as he is included in the passing game it will be fine...he is a good back and the giants will be throwin a ton...good pickup

Edited by Power-O

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I doubt he gets Saquon type work. He will die behind that line anyway. A guy with his injury history, this could spell disaster.

Agree.  I don't think even Saquon could make it work for a whole year behind that line.   Maybe just hoping for a lot of receptions from Freeman.   But he's a long way from prime Freeman.

• Like 1

I don’t think anyone is arguing Freeman > Saquon. We are looking at a decent starting RB with a moderate schedule going forward at zero cost. That is called value. Will he bust ? May be. In deep leagues, this guy is gold

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Power-O said:

are you kidding me? guy is a good rb...last year he was overshadowed by a crappy falcon oline and was sabatoged by the coaches because every time they got in the redzone the falcons like to use the backup rb...they are even doing it now with gurley lol to say he is injury prone is not true...he played a full season last year...he is the best back on the team and will be used in the passing game.

He's going to have another crappy oline with the Giants. I didn't say he's injury prone so I'm not sure how you think I lied about that. He can catch but so can Lewis. I wouldn't expect Saquan levels of work for Freeman. 

Freeman will be the early down rusher with Lewis in for 3rd down and passing plays(which will be alot of passing as this team blows)

24 minutes ago, Power-O said:

FWIW the situation in NY might be even worse. Probably an even worse offensive line, at least to start the season. He might get more redzone work but at the same time he's going to lose out some of the passing game work to Dion Lewis.

Edit: That being said I have hope the offensive line will improve by midseason. There's enough talent on it for it to not be the worst offensive line in the league. Three new starters and tough matchups so far, but it's still going to take time.

Edited by TuckAndRolle

13 minutes ago, c_dilip said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing Freeman > Saquon. We are looking at a decent starting RB with a moderate schedule going forward at zero cost. That is called value. Will he bust ? May be. In deep leagues, this guy is gold

No, but the point is that if Saquon can't make it work how is Freeman going to? It's smart to grab him but I wouldn't unload on FAAB as I don't expect him to offer much value if he isn't catching at least a few passes a game and I just don't feel confident he will.

Edited by sportsfreak2744
  • Like 2

Just now, sportsfreak2744 said:

No, but the point is that if Saquon can't make it work how is Freeman going to? It's smart to grab him but I wouldn't unload on FAAB as I don't expect him to offer much value if he isn't catching at least a few passes a game and I just don't feel confident he will.

it was only 2 weeks against the freakin steelers and bears...it will get better

3 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Freeman has shown that he's a capable receiver though, so there's a chance he stays in for some third down work. I struggle trying to balance the FAAB value because if people aren't willing to unload on a RB that can come in and potentially get a majority of touches on their team, then what are they saving their money for? The chances of there being some slam dunk bellcow RB that arises later on in the year is slim, especially in deeper leagues where most top handcuffs are owned, so is there merit here to drop a big chunk of FAAB money on Freeman to see what happens? If he turns into a low RB2, then he makes it worth it for sure.

• Like 3

How is Freeman's pass protection? Lewis is a pretty good pass protector so that could siphon away snaps.

(Barkley was pretty bad at pass protection but he made up for it in other ways)

2 minutes ago, TuckAndRolle said:

How is Freeman's pass protection? Lewis is a pretty good pass protector so that could siphon away snaps.

(Barkley was pretty bad at pass protection but he made up for it in other ways)

Freeman was always pretty solid in pass protection in Atlanta iirc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Just out of curiosity, how much FAAB do you believers plan on spending on Freeman?

I am putting more $$$ towards Kelley but on my $100 budget I put an offer of $12 in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Just out of curiosity, how much FAAB do you believers plan on spending on Freeman?

Add to this. Would you be willing to use the number one waiver on him?

Just now, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

I am putting more $$$ towards Kelley but on my $100 budget I put an offer of $12 in.

you'd have to think he's going to wind up going for more than 10% of someones budget, especially with all the injuries last week. imo there's no way $12 is going to land him. if i had to guess id say in a $100 budget league he'll go for more than $50

1 minute ago, Rod6874 said:

Add to this. Would you be willing to use the number one waiver on him?

I have the #2 waiver and Im seriously contemplating it. I also already have Mattison and Edmonds on bench so I'm thinking why the hell not, I already own the best handcuffs. Not much more worth waiting on. 

I think he'll be decent, but I'm gonna try to move him asap while the hype is hot.

9 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

ALOT

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

you'd have to think he's going to wind up going for more than 10% of someones budget, especially with all the injuries last week. imo there's no way $12 is going to land him. if i had to guess id say in a $100 budget league he'll go for more than $50

I agree with you. Although our budget also reflects actual monetary value and its a league with close friends and not us FF degenerates so most bids probably max out at $20 for a guy like freeman.