FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

No more tippie toeing around the obvious. Devonta Freeman is going to NY to be featured and audition for another shot at a starting job next season. It's the only reason he would PASS on the other "opportunities" and accept this one. They promised him a SIGNIFICANT role. OTherwise, why bother? He could have settled for a backup role on a contender if it really didn't matter. Stop getting in your own way. If you are in need of a RB, THIS is the opportunity you have been waiting for. So many owners in here afraid to be wrong. You will be kicking yourself in the a** if you have a chance to get this guy and you go in on one of these placeholders. I expect Freeman to be the main carrier and third down specialist within two weeks. You're welcome. 

Well said. It’s fantasy football and - particularly at RB - with volume / opportunity - ANYTHING can happen. It’s week 3 and you could get lucky for basically a whole season

50 percent FAAB bids are what you do in this situation. 
 

It’s not a complicated game yet everyone tries to make it one lol

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys prefer Freeman or Kelley?

I'm dropping Barkley for one of them.  And dropping Kelley for the other or Mike Davis.  Probably spend 20-25% FAAB bid on both of them.  

My other running backs are Jacobs, James Robinson, Singletary and Gibson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monster Week said:

Ya fella, I remember how long it took Drake to learn Arizona's playbook... took him weeks before he was any good

 

And if the Giants had picked up young and dynamic Kenyan Drake after his asylum application was approved to escape Gase Island, I would be very much in favor.  But instead they signed broke-down Devonta Freeman, washed since the second half of the Superbowl in February of 2017...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, aiyahrockla said:

You guys prefer Freeman or Kelley?

I'm dropping Barkley for one of them.  And dropping Kelley for the other or Mike Davis.  Probably spend 20-25% FAAB bid on both of them.  

My other running backs are Jacobs, James Robinson, Singletary and Gibson.

Kelley by a country mile and take this to the AC forum and the FAAB thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aiyahrockla said:

You guys prefer Freeman or Kelley?

I'm dropping Barkley for one of them.  And dropping Kelley for the other or Mike Davis.  Probably spend 20-25% FAAB bid on both of them.  

My other running backs are Jacobs, James Robinson, Singletary and Gibson.

I agree you should drop barkley for kelley and then drop kelley for mike davis

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Well said. It’s fantasy football and - particularly at RB - with volume / opportunity - ANYTHING can happen. It’s week 3 and you could get lucky for basically a whole season

50 percent FAAB bids are what you do in this situation. 
 

It’s not a complicated game yet everyone tries to make it one lol

 

If you want to waste that much money on this has-been, be my guest.  I will be spending mine more wisely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I agree you should drop barkley for kelley and then drop kelley for mike davis

Except Kelley is head and shoulders above Mike Davis.  And Kelley is head, shoulders, chest, and abs above the dried-out husk of Devonta Freeman.  Remember now, the GM who just signed Freeman is one of the most clueless and incompetent in all of the sports world.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If you want to waste that much money on this has-been, be my guest.  I will be spending mine more wisely.


Agree. No interest in this guy and I know someone in my league will bust their load on him. Just Less faab I have to compete with later.  Total fools gold here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol just like I thought it would be with Devonta Freeman. Finally someone agrees with me that he wasn't very good last year!  Even with a better QB!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I agree you should drop barkley for kelley and then drop kelley for mike davis

Meant to say dropping Singletary for the other. So I'd try Kelley first, Davis then Freeman as a flier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aiyahrockla said:

Meant to say dropping Singletary for the other. So I'd try Kelley first, Davis then Freeman as a flier

I wouldn't drop Singletary for Freeman. No sir. But to each their own...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman lol. Wayne Gallman is the back to own, and before anyone says I missed out on Freeman, no I didn’t.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay yes I did. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And if the Giants had picked up young and dynamic Kenyan Drake after his asylum application was approved to escape Gase Island, I would be very much in favor.  But instead they signed broke-down Devonta Freeman, washed since the second half of the Superbowl in February of 2017...

 

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If you want to waste that much money on this has-been, be my guest.  I will be spending mine more wisely.

 

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Except Kelley is head and shoulders above Mike Davis.  And Kelley is head, shoulders, chest, and abs above the dried-out husk of Devonta Freeman.  Remember now, the GM who just signed Freeman is one of the most clueless and incompetent in all of the sports world.  

 

FlickeringFineCapeghostfrog-max-1mb.gif

 

... suffice to say ol' Shark here is kinda on the fence about the Freemason succeeding with the Jints, eh?

🤷‍♂️

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's Jordan Raanan said Dion Lewis is "the best bet to be the Giants' top running back with Saquon Barkley out for the season."

 

i hope he's wrong i could really use freeman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone in my league spent $40 of his $100 FAAB on Freeman... Am I missing something here? Freeman is old and injury prone and the Giants couldn’t run the ball with Saquon. 

Edited by DOOSH MAGOOSH
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

Someone in my league spent $40 of his $100 FAAB on Freeman... Am I missing something here? Freeman is old and injury prone and the Giants couldn’t run the ball with Saquon. 

Second half schedule is better and freeman can catch passes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

Someone in my league spent $40 of his $100 FAAB on Freeman... Am I missing something here? Freeman is old and injury prone and the Giants couldn’t run the ball with Saquon. 

To that guys roster, Freeman may well be worth the gamble.

Lots of people saying he's finished and the Giants are rubbish and we should leave Freeman alone cos he ain't worth it.

Some people's rosters have been absolutely decimated the last 2 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

Someone in my league spent $40 of his $100 FAAB on Freeman... Am I missing something here? Freeman is old and injury prone and the Giants couldn’t run the ball with Saquon. 

 

LOL. He's 28. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

ESPN's Jordan Raanan said Dion Lewis is "the best bet to be the Giants' top running back with Saquon Barkley out for the season."

 

i hope he's wrong i could really use freeman 

 

Yeah, I'm not buying it. Lewis is more of a change of pace back. I think it's Freeman's job to lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

LOL. He's 28. 

...and Dion Lewis turns 30 in 4 days. 

Just for some perspective for the "Freeman is old/washed" camp.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smeeze said:

...and Dion Lewis turns 30 in 4 days. 

Just for some perspective for the "Freeman is old/washed" camp.

 

It's funny because I've hated owning Freeman for YEARS, but the lack of respect he's getting right now is ridiculous. He might fail, but to think he won't be given the chance and touches to be good is just mind blowing to me. I'd say realistically he's probably a flex most weeks with no. 2 back upside if everything goes right. I personally ranked him third in my waiver priority list this week behind Davis and Kelley (ahead of Henderson, Gaskin, etc.)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He went for an ungodly amount of FAAB(~95%) in my league. I personally am uninspired by his upside in this offense, but then again I'm the same guy who blew over half my wad on Hines last week so don't listen to me

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im following the money on this

Dion Lewis got paid 1.5 mil for a cop role

Freeman likely got the same with the upside for 3 miL and said opportunity to compete for a role was important to him

This suggests to me that they don’t like Wayne Gallman and don’t trust Dion Leeis to handle a large role over a sustained period

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

Yeah, I'm not buying it. Lewis is more of a change of pace back. I think it's Freeman's job to lose. 

Without question. Why bother bringing in Freeman this quickly at $3M for him to twiddle his thumbs behind Lewis and Gallman who was dropped to the number 3 role, not even dressed to play. Even being a pass heavy team Freeman should benefit. Not saying is guaranteed to hold significant value to fantasy teams but crazier things have happened. Like mentioned before, he’ll probably be a better bet for production ROS than the other placeholders on the wire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...