FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

21 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Lol at anyone thinking this washed up scrub on this garbage team is going to be worth anything this year 😂

Says the guy that missed out on waivers and probably had to settle for Lewis. Lewis is 30 (Devonta 28) and hasn't had a significant workload in 3 years. He's not going to be getting many carries.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Lol at anyone thinking this washed up scrub on this garbage team is going to be worth anything this year 😂

Sigh...not everyone plays in 8 team friends and family leagues, buddy. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Thanks for weighing in pal, really insightful stuff right here

Just now, richiec26 said:

Says the guy that missed out on waivers and probably had to settle for Lewis. Lewis is 30 (Devonta 28) and hasn't had a significant workload in 3 years. He's not going to be getting many carries.

Why didn't Lewis have a significant workload in the past several years? He was playing on the same team as Derek Henry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Why didn't Lewis have a significant workload in the past several years? He was playing on the same team as Derek Henry.

I could be wrong but IIRC his first year on TEN they tried to give him the ball and he was ineffective.  And that was before DH broke out and became the beast he is now.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

He's not built for it... the last significant role he had he tore his ACL. He's a COP back that is not nearly as agile as he once was in New England.  He will resume his COP ways once Freeman is up to speed.

43 minutes ago, Panthor said:

to be devil's advocate the Giants are not paying him $3mil to be a backup. if he ends up behind Lewis he isn't getting $3mil, the number will be much less.  whatever the details are in the contract, the $3mil represents the best case scenario if he hits all the performance metrics.  basically the Giants are paying for a chance to catch lightning in a bottle with Freeman.  it's a low risk move for the Giants to sign Freeman. 

as for week 3, the odds are less than 50/50 he has a significant impact, there simply isn't even time and there are more factors working against him  than there are for him.  sure it can still happen but looking at it from  a numbers perspective, you're fooling yourself if you are projecting a big week from a guy who just joined the team yesterday and has been practicing.  the hammy/acl injuries are spiking this year partially due to the lack of preseason, hell the Giants fell victim to it.  and that's why they are in the situation they are now with Freeman.  he'll get some token touches this week to get his feet wet, but barring something happening to Lewis or Gallman or Freeman breaking off like 2 consecutive 50 yard runs,  he will be in for a pedestrian week.

as for those using the schedule as an argument against or how bad the Giants are as a team.  I point you to the direction of JAX and James Robinson.  touches  are king, and Freeman will have a chance to be  the primary rb. 

so let's strap in and enjoy the ride, 

"To be devil's advocate the [insert team name here] are not paying him $X to be a backup."  

To be devils advocate to the devils advocate, teams do this all the time.  From giving out fat contracts to FAs to trading for players, the amount of resources spent to acquire a player has zero impact on playing time in the real world.  This argument get brought out every time from Duke Johnson being traded to the Texans last year, to the Bucs signing washed up Gronk, to Seattle paying Matt Flynn insane money then promptly installing Russell Wilson as their starter.  The $3mm contract for Freeman is a sunk cost, they won't continue to give Freeman lots of touches if he stinks the joint up.  It's entirely possible that Dion Lewis beats up Freeman for the "starting" role which might not be worth very much on an offense this bad in any event. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Deke said:

Jason Garrett likes to run the ball. Pretty sure the Cowboys were the 2nd most run heavy team last year behind the Ravens, even with a good QB in Dak. Obviously you're not relying on Freeman like he's Zeke, but Garrett's not changing his stripes. Freeman will get his touches. Hopefully he can take advantage (I picked him up from FA before the season started in a 16 teamer and I want a free RB2).

16 team league you got yourself a free RB ... 👍

but goddamnit the Cowboys O line is one of the best ... there is no comparison at all. Just because Jason Garrett like to run the damn ball in Dallas doesn’t mean squat now he is with the Giants. Just look at the first game the Gmen ran it less than 20 & passed over 40 times. That game was close till the 5 minute mark in the 4th. 

28 minutes ago, Power-O said:

the guy who missed out has come here to make himself feel better lol

These posts are lame@ss ... I noticed every freakin person needs to shoot down anybody with a different opinion when it comes to a hot pickup. Benny Snell etc.. 

31 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

16 team league you got yourself a free RB ... 👍

but goddamnit the Cowboys O line is one of the best ... there is no comparison at all. Just because Jason Garrett like to run the damn ball in Dallas doesn’t mean squat now he is with the Giants. Just look at the first game the Gmen ran it less than 20 & passed over 40 times. That game was close till the 5 minute mark in the 4th. 

These posts are lame@ss ... I noticed every freakin person needs to shoot down anybody with a different opinion when it comes to a hot pickup. Benny Snell etc.. 

to come in here and just say dude is guna suck is stupid as hell...come in and state why you think that...i think he is going to be very useful especially in ppr...the giants are not a good team but they will def be passing and keeping the backs involved in the passing game....freeman came in to be a 3 down back...he wouldnt have come to the giants if he wasnt getting this opportunity...anyone who landed this guy should feel dam good about it and thats why stupid comments like this guy guna suck are dumb as hell...clearly a guy who missed out..cost most of us nothing for this guy

On 9/22/2020 at 12:07 PM, Texansfan said:

If Barkley couldn’t produce in that offense what the hell is Freeman going to do?!?  Good luck with that!

In one game. 

55 minutes ago, jumper said:

"To be devil's advocate the [insert team name here] are not paying him $X to be a backup."  

To be devils advocate to the devils advocate, teams do this all the time.  From giving out fat contracts to FAs to trading for players, the amount of resources spent to acquire a player has zero impact on playing time in the real world.  This argument get brought out every time from Duke Johnson being traded to the Texans last year, to the Bucs signing washed up Gronk, to Seattle paying Matt Flynn insane money then promptly installing Russell Wilson as their starter.  The $3mm contract for Freeman is a sunk cost, they won't continue to give Freeman lots of touches if he stinks the joint up.  It's entirely possible that Dion Lewis beats up Freeman for the "starting" role which might not be worth very much on an offense this bad in any event. 

thank you

This is the same exact organization that gave Jonathan Stewart $2.95 million in 2018 to be Saquon’s backup.

I managed to pick up Freeman in one of my leagues, and I’m hoping he can return RB3 value over the course of the season, but my expectations are pretty low. 

I fear the Giants 2020 running game is going to resemble the Rashad Jennings/Orleans Darkwa/Paul Perkins RBBC from the pre-Saquon era.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Power-O said:

..come in and state why you think that.

I disagree because I seen guys give reasons why they think a guy won’t be any good and still see the same type of post you wrote. 

the guy who missed out (any player)has come here to make himself feel better lol

Good luck and may the fantasy gods be with you. 

On 9/22/2020 at 8:28 PM, oliminator123 said:

"...likes the opportunity with the Giants best"

What opportunity is that? To disappoint and not be judged for it, since the rest of your team is a disappointment? 

The clown finally realized that he had no bargaining power. Odds he get hurt and is completely worthless: 95%.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:28 PM, jmcampbe11 said:

Are you Devonta Freeman's strength and conditioning coach and/or accountant? If not then you'll have to forgive me if I put zero stock in your in depth analysis. 

Yeah, well go get him and watch his suck.

17 minutes ago, c_dilip said:

Is this guy practicing?

This is the „he is washed and a bum thread“ so nobody knows.

• Haha 2

someone in one my leagues spent 66 dollars of fab on this joker.  Methinks that was a slight overreaction.  

can we rename this to the bash freeman thread lol im pro freeman and i say he is guna be a good rb2...freeman owners feel good !!!

1 hour ago, JetsAwesome said:

someone in one my leagues spent 66 dollars of fab on this joker.  Methinks that was a slight overreaction.  

Someone spent $300 out of $500 in my league. Probably because that's how much I dropped on JRob. 

I don't see him returning that value. 

Just now, PisEdiRin said:

I flipped Leveon Bell for Freeman. Hope it works out.

think u lost on that man....im srry but gase hates rbs named leveon bell...giants have a better team than the jets...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Power-O said:

think u lost on that man....im srry but gase hates rbs named leveon bell...giants have a better team than the jets...

I traded Bell away to get Freeman

Just now, PisEdiRin said:

I traded Bell away to get Freeman

MY BAD LOL....CONGRATS & WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON!! ;)

10 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Let your league mates have this bum on your roster. No upside here

No upside? Lol