FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

Freeman will have an increased role going forward. Work-horse RB r.o.y.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I predict freeman will be brought on slowly, after he learns the playbook, the will involve him more

I’m hoping for the Fournette style roll out.  A couple carries first week then blow up game the week after

• Like 1

Told you guys. Drop him so that someone else in your league can deal with this headache 

Just now, BIGFATPANDA said:

Told you guys. Drop him so that someone else in your league can deal with this headache 

Told you guys?  The guy had 4 days of practice nobody should've been starting him this was absolutely expected.  Both Gallman and Lewis looked like hot garbage.  This guy will be a solid second half of the season flex.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

I mean, I think he'll amount to nothing more than maybe an RB3. But it's been like 5 days of him on the team and they were heavy underdogs. He's a hold if you picked him up (for now). 

• Like 8

Just now, humanpuck said:

Told you guys?  The guy had 4 days of practice nobody should've been starting him this was absolutely expected.  Both Gallman and Lewis looked like hot garbage.  This guy will be a solid second half of the season flex.

Sure. He’s washed. Enjoy that ride on bum city

1 hour ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Sure. He’s washed. Enjoy that ride on bum city

I think he's washed. I thought he was washed last year as well. But he finished last season as a low end rb 2 or middling flex in 12+ teamers, and I would expect him to play at about that level in another week or two through the end of the season. It's not good and definitely not a guy that's going to carry your team to a championship, but it's not bad. It's just okay. It's a warm body that's going to be able to give you mediocre production. If your league is shallow enough, that can be ignored. The larger your league is the more appealing he becomes. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I think he's washed. I thought he was washed last year as well. But he finished last season as a low end rb 2 or middling flex in 12+ teamers, and I would expect him to play at about that level in another week or two through the end of the season. It's not good and definitely not a guy that's going to carry your team to a championship, but it's not bad. It's just okay. It's a warm body that's going to be able to give you mediocre production. If your league is shallow enough, that can be ignored. The larger your league is the more appealing he becomes. 

Agreed completely. If you’re starting freeman this week something went terribly wrong for you already. He was an rb2 last year even missing games. On a way worse team with way worse game scripts than last year, he’ll probably be a flex at best. But he’ll have some decent 2nd half games and hopefully be a solid bye week/flex fill in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

Agreed...hopefully everyone is here to win a championship. He offers no upside. By dropping him. Someone else in your league will pick him up and deal with his 5-10 points weekly. It’s game theory. Your team is stronger and you make your opponent weaker

3 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Who specifically did you tell?

• Haha 1

To early to drop,  its a wait at least one or two more weeks to see

31 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

He said “you guys”

I wish I'd listened to him now.

I started him everywhere over guys like Henry and Kamara, as I'm sure everyone else did 🤔

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

I started him everywhere over guys like Henry and Kamara, as I'm sure everyone else did 🤔

Indeed. I can’t believe he didn’t go out there and light it up after being with the team a whole three days. 

4 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

careful, amigo ... this is RW - somebody will take that verbatim -

• Haha 1

I honestly don't know if there's going to be a single Giant worth owning (including Freeman) in shallow leagues. New York, in general, just seems like a fantasy wasteland this season. And that includes the Jets. 

Edited by jmcampbe11
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Agreed...hopefully everyone is here to win a championship. He offers no upside. By dropping him. Someone else in your league will pick him up and deal with his 5-10 points weekly. It’s game theory. Your team is stronger and you make your opponent weaker

Way to read my post and say you agree, but still somehow clearly miss the point.

Picked him up last week. 

Short term, Giants are a disaster and Freeman probably getting his legs under him. It does look like the schedule lightens up a bit though.

He's at the bottom of my bench. Probably stay there for another week to see if he has some life.

1 hour ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Top 5 RB ROS 

Giants are a complete dumpster fire, Freeman is nearly done, and Gallman/Lewis will syphon carries every week. Dude is an RB3.