FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

Adrian Peterson dominated Detroit backfield from Day 1. Freeman is supposed to do slightly better.

22 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I honestly don't know if there's going to be a single Giant worth owning (including Freeman) in shallow leagues. New York, in general, just seems like a fantasy wasteland this season. And that includes the Jets. 

All offseason people talked about how brutal the schedule was for the Giants at first and to be patient with Daniel Jones as a result.

Better days are ahead. Freeman is still a wildcard but all you can ask for at RB for FA is an opportunity. He still has a good one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

All offseason people talked about how brutal the schedule was for the Giants at first and to be patient with Daniel Jones as a result.

Better days are ahead. Freeman is still a wildcard but all you can ask for at RB for FA is an opportunity. He still has a good one.

you could also ask that they not be a completely washed up turd behind the leagues worst o-line in one of the worst offenses but maybe I’m being greedy.  

• Haha 3

Dion Lewis is finished.

At least Devonta will get all the opportunities he wants in this offense. 

Given his injury history I'd be adding wayne gallman in deep leagues

22 minutes ago, Monster Week said:

now enters Alf... damn it !

to the practice squad

Pulling a yolo this week and flexing him in my 12 team. He barely knew half the playbook last week and saw limited snaps as we expected. Should be in that primary role this week vs the Rams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

Pulling a yolo this week and flexing him in my 12 team. He barely knew half the playbook last week and saw limited snaps as we expected. Should be in that primary role this week vs the Rams. 

IDK man. I was not at all impressed with what I saw (watching the replays of the few carries he had). Just hoping it was more rust and being thrown into a new situation rather than he really is washed. 

Fingers crossed with what I spent on him. 

4 minutes ago, The G Man said:

IDK man. I was not at all impressed with what I saw (watching the replays of the few carries he had). Just hoping it was more rust and being thrown into a new situation rather than he really is washed. 

Fingers crossed with what I spent on him. 

5 rushes is probably not the best sample size to make broad conclusions on. Think you gotta let this shake for a few games here unless you absolutely need the roster spot.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

5 rushes is probably not the best sample size to make broad conclusions on. Think you gotta let this shake for a few games here unless you absolutely need the roster spot.

No, I get that man. I mean, I think I said as much (i.e., rust, new sitch).

And, I'm not dropping. Not yet anyway. 

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

No, I get that man. I mean, I think I said as much (i.e., rust, new sitch).

And, I'm not dropping. Not yet anyway. 

when he takes over a majority of the snaps your going to see him involved in the passing/screen game....the giants suck but they will behind in many games and it should be dump off city...i feel good about him but that is just my 2 cents

10 minutes ago, Power-O said:

when he takes over a majority of the snaps your going to see him involved in the passing/screen game....the giants suck but they will behind in many games and it should be dump off city...i feel good about him but that is just my 2 cents

Thanks man. Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, but the Giants just look so bad right now.

• Like 1

Looks like some glitches. I saw Chark was back to out. I wonder if there was some fiddling to try and get prepared for a possible Tuesday game.

3 minutes ago, TheBridge2011 said:

Looks like some glitches. I saw Chark was back to out. I wonder if there was some fiddling to try and get prepared for a possible Tuesday game.

most likely the case

I really don't think anyone should be starting him before next week, but with the new covid bye week upon us, welcome to the lineup, guy! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2014olympicgold said:

Unless you HAVE to, he shouldn't be started until he has a game on your bench that you regret not starting him.

I agree with this, but between injuries and the new bye week I think there's a lot of owners who are going to be needing a warm body of mediocrity to fill a roster hole. Freeman is a bit of a desperation play at this time, but in deeper leagues this might be as good as it gets. 

Posted (edited)

the fact that Garret persuaded Jints management to sign his very old buddy AlfMo to the PS tells me that something is very amiss in that rb room - somebody is teetering on "inactive", if not flat out cut, very soon. 

AlfMo is no world beater, and is way beyond being useful in magick foosball ... but Garret didn't call him in just to wind his effin' watch - one of the three Stooges left is not long for Moonachie 🤔

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wait and see for sure. Hoping he gives us a reason to get excited this weekend or next. I don't put any stock in what he did last week, he had been with the team for like 4 days.

Edited by bradwatson

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the fact that Garret persuaded Jints management to sign his very old buddy AlfMo to the PS tells me that something is very amiss in that rb room - somebody is teetering on "inactive", if not flat out cut, very soon. 

AlfMo is no world beater, and is way beyond being useful in magick foosball ... but Garret didn't call him in just to wind his effin' watch - one of the three Stooges left is not long for Moonachie 🤔

bye bye gallman to me...they signed freeman to be the starter and had him inactive before barkley got hurt..no effect on freeman

Last week vs the niners..

Freeman - 5 attempts, 10 yards, 2 ypc

Lewis - 1 attempt, 0 yards, 0 ypc. 3 targets, 1 catch, 10 yards

Gallman - 4 attempts, 7 yards, 1.8 ypc. 3 targets, 2 catches, 7 yards

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these bozos got cut.

Anyone notice that Rod Smith was cut to bring in Morris tho? Garrett is exchanging one of his washed up buddies for another 😂