FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

Just now, Power-O said:

bye bye gallman to me...they signed freeman to be the starter and had him inactive before barkley got hurt..no effect on freeman

where did i say Freeman was in danger?

i merely laid a spec that ONE was on the way out ... Freeman is the least likely, sure ... but how coincidental that Garret bought in Morris this week?

Just now, johnwallin said:

Last week vs the niners..

Freeman - 5 attempts, 10 yards, 2 ypc

Lewis - 1 attempt, 0 yards, 0 ypc. 3 targets, 1 catch, 10 yards

Gallman - 4 attempts, 7 yards, 1.8 ypc. 3 targets, 2 catches, 7 yards

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these bozos got cut.

Anyone notice that Rod Smith was cut to bring in Morris tho? Garrett is exchanging one of his washed up buddies for another 😂

this is true ... it's a mess 

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

where did i say Freeman was in danger?

i merely laid a spec that ONE was on the way out ... Freeman is the least likely, sure ... but how coincidental that Garret bought in Morris this week?

this is true ... it's a mess 

i was agreeing with you and then restating the obvious...no need for me to say it and dont kno why i did to be honest lol

• Haha 1

Freeman is on my bench this week for Myles Gaskin and Jerrick McKinnon.

I don't trust him at all after last week's disaster.

This is a wait and see approach. He has to do it first before I start him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

I agree. 

On 10/4/2020 at 12:45 PM, PisEdiRin said:

So, what are we thinking about him going into a week 5 match against the Cowboys porous run D? Flex-worthy at least? 

Anyone see him in action yesterday? How'd he look?

22 minutes ago, The G Man said:

So, what are we thinking about him going into a week 5 match against the Cowboys porous run D? Flex-worthy at least? 

I thought he looked...decent. Had a couple nice catches, one pretty good run I saw. I was forced to start him in dynasty and was just hoping he could get me 10, and he did. Will likely need to start again next week with Aaron Jones on bye. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Watched a good portion of that game also and felt same as last poster.  I thought Freeman looked decent.

In reality though, I'm not sure he really brings much more to the table than Gallman.  Maybe a little better between the tackle runner but Gallman looks quicker to my eyes.

Cowboys are coming up though so all Giants skill players should have a chance to increase their value against their pee wee defense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i thought he looked good...had some nice runs and catches...against a weaker defense i think he will put up numbers...good to have for depth if u ask me...he was in the game when it mattered

It's the Giants and he ain't Saquon. Saquon was the only value on that team.

• Haha 1

Expecting a good game tomorrow. 68 rush yds, 4 rec, 44 rec yds, 1td 

Seems like good bye week or flex filler. Should be good for 70 total yards a game, a few grabs and chance of a TD.

9 hours ago, jdizzle said:

2 hours ago, blazehound said:

Seems like good bye week or flex filler. Should be good for 70 total yards a game, a few grabs and chance of a TD.

Hope so man. Gotta plug him in due to all the injuries/postponements. He's definitely trending in the right direction.

Can the Giants keep it close enough to use him the run game, and how much involvement will he have in the passing game? That's what it all comes down to.

8 hours ago, The G Man said:

Hope so man. Gotta plug him in due to all the injuries/postponements. He's definitely trending in the right direction.

Can the Giants keep it close enough to use him the run game, and how much involvement will he have in the passing game? That's what it all comes down to.

Little short on the yards and a few receptions but I will take 87 yds and a td with a couple grabs

Freeman seems to have cemented himself as the lead back. More rushing touches than the rest of the team combined plus 3 receiving targets. For a waiver wire pick up I'll certainly take that.

The only thing that sucked is Dion Lewis getting run with the 2 minute offense.  Please, the dude does nothing.  Hopefully Freemans snaps continue to increase.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:04 AM, jdizzle said:

Wow, great prediction.  Pretty much nailed it.

Do we actually consider starting him next week?  Against Washington, this may be one of the very few game scripts that benefit the Giants all year.  With that said, their defensive front 7 is actually pretty good.  Tough call.

Edited by JJ1223

People who were calling him trash and washed up seem to have missed on a very solid RB3, with weekly RB2 upside. I’ll take that, especially this cursed season. 

3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Wow, great prediction.  Pretty much nailed it.

Do we actually consider starting him next week?  Against Washington, this may be one of the very few game scripts that benefit the Giants all year.  With that said, their defensive front 7 is actually pretty good.  Tough call.

I think I'll probably be starting him over Drake next week. Similar workload and Freeman actually gets targets.

• Like 1

He was an interesting ww pickup, it was between freeman and mike davis.  It was based on your needs, do you need a bonafide stud for 4-5 weeks and get your record up?  Or did you need serviceable long term production?  

2 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

He was an interesting ww pickup, it was between freeman and mike davis.  It was based on your needs, do you need a bonafide stud for 4-5 weeks and get your record up?  Or did you need serviceable long term production?  

Sometimes you need both, so you grab both. 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bandito said:

Sometimes you need both, so you grab both. 😊

Ha in the perfect world but it did not work like that, but Mike davis was 100% waiver budget, freeman was a close second

Do we think he’s a sell high? Looking at the schedule, his schedule is pretty rough and the NYG offense is a bit brutal. Is the last game his ceiling?