FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

39 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

So strange, as Freeman has been getting more work the last few weeks and was actually looking solid. He was MIA before he officially got hurt. Wonder if he just got banged up a lot earlier or if it's something else.

No, I think Judge decided to go to a committee for whatever reason. Gallman and Lewis were both involved. Freeman looked fine when he came back into the game after being out for an entire series. That is up until he got blown up on that pass pro play (that's where they're sayin' he got hurt). I believe bruised pride was the official injury designation IIRC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

moot point, Gallman did enough to wrest this gig away going forward 🤷‍♂️

What's enough? Not getting injured? Gallman sucks.

2 minutes ago, Deke said:

What's enough? Not getting injured? Gallman sucks.

Freeman owners be all like ...

giphy.webp

• Like 1

I'm shocked to be saying this, but Gallman actually looked decent last night. I'd argue better than Freeman has at any point this season (possibly last year as well). I don't see Freeman having any value outside of deep leagues ROS. 

• Thanks 1

Is Freeman droppable now?

13 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

So strange, as Freeman has been getting more work the last few weeks and was actually looking solid. He was MIA before he officially got hurt. Wonder if he just got banged up a lot earlier or if it's something else.

I had thought the opposite, I thought it was strange people had been saying he looked good. He had been pretty ineffective really. Barely at 3 yards a carry. He's always been pretty bad at pass pro. Used to get Matt Ryan blown up. It's the last thing Daniel Jones needs as much trouble as he's having to begin with. Freeman has been on the downswing for at least 2 or 3 years here though. I just don't understand what the fit was here when they made the signing and even more so now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andy Mick said:

Is Freeman droppable now?

Tbh u would say yes. I just dropped him and I’m in a 12 team. The one good game he had i benched him. Was a waste of a pick. 
this offense is almost as bad as the jets. 
i want nothing to do with it 

On 10/23/2020 at 5:47 AM, The G Man said:

Honestly, I would rage drop him if I could. But, he's locked into my lineup until next week. 

How do you get 7 yards on your first carry of the game, and end up with 8 rushing yards? Never seen anything like it!

This is the worst...when you have to wait so long to drop a tnf player

• Haha 1

Yup, have to hold this dude til tomorrow.  Looking back at waivers I put more money on Freeman than Davis.  What a mistake.  Probably cost me any chance I had this year.

• Giants RB Devonta Freeman (ankle) did not practice Tuesday. 

Freeman worked off to the side during the Giants' Tuesday practice. He left the team's Week 7 game against the Eagles with the ankle injury and did not return. Wayne Gallman would be the favorite to absorb Freeman's workload if Freeman can't practice this week and misses Monday night's game against Tampa. Gallman had ten rushes and five targets last week after Freeman exited the game. 

RELATED: 
    Oct 27, 2020, 12:23 PM ET

•  

If you had to take an educated guess, what would you say about his ros outlook?

18 minutes ago, nimzox said:

As a giants fan I would be shocked if he wasn't traded 

9 minutes ago, nimzox said:

If he starts doing something with all the work he's getting then he'll be a RB2/Flex play. If he doesn't then he's probably not going to play very much anymore. He's very much on the downswing of his career and giving him a heavy workload when this team is say 2-10 makes little sense. Especially with what he's doing with it.

Deuces, homie.  I was never going to play him, just scooped as trade bait.  That value has evaporated.  On to the next lotto ticket.

Dropped to pick up T. Coleman.

Would not be starting his this week against a tough as nails TB defense even if healthy.

Schedule is then @WASH, PHI, Bye. Don't think I'd play him for 4 weeks. That's an eternity. Goodbye.

Just popping in here.....not sure why lol.

I've only held Freeman as I have bye week issues in Week 10.  But who knows if he even plays this week?  And even if he does, he's probably firmly in a 3 way timeshare now as Gallman has looked better in the last 3 games than Freeman has at any point this year.

Sure seems to me that this backfield will have all the makings of a 3 way timeshare where nobody has much value.

Heck, even Alfred Morris has looked way better than Freeman.

Yea I don’t think anyone’s useable with Gallman and Freeman both active. They had Gallman splitting series with Alf so he will definitely at least split with Freeman. One of them has to be a volume guy to be valuable. 

3 minutes ago, Deke said:

Yea I don’t think anyone’s useable with Gallman and Freeman both active. They had Gallman splitting series with Alf so he will definitely at least split with Freeman. One of them has to be a volume guy to be valuable. 

Gallman has been pretty valuable the past 3 weeks without getting bellcow volume. He's getting the GL chances and has had success with them, hard to see the Giants moving away from that. Freeman could take Alf's role if anything going forward. Gallman has looked better than Freeman against much tougher matchups as well.

2 hours ago, TheINC said:

Gallman has been pretty valuable the past 3 weeks without getting bellcow volume. He's getting the GL chances and has had success with them, hard to see the Giants moving away from that. Freeman could take Alf's role if anything going forward. Gallman has looked better than Freeman against much tougher matchups as well.

Freeman will be involved more than Alf has been. 

8 minutes ago, Deke said:

Freeman will be involved more than Alf has been. 

My point is that Gallman has been highly productive for the last 3 weeks, and honestly has looked better as a runner than freeman has thus far.  I don't think Gallman gets relegated to a nothing role after his production.