FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, K197040 said:

7th year in the NFL for an RB that's 5'8 / 205.  With significant injury history.

 

Cheap lotto pick, nuff said

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe the Bucs haven't jumped on him yet. They must have faith in that current backfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jkgeezy said:

Can't believe the Bucs haven't jumped on him yet. They must have faith in that current backfield.

Hes too expensive my brother, read previous articles on the interwebz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Hes too expensive my brother, read previous articles on the interwebz

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/devonta-freeman-hires-new-agents-who-is-on-a-mission-to-have-him-on-a-team-in-late-july-per-report/

Previously Freeman said he was ready to sit out the season; now he wants to get on a team asap.
The obvious suggestion is that our Devonta realised that suddenly he's one of the many vets, his 42M contract doesn't mean Jack, and he better get a job real quick at some vet minimum rate so he can have a bit more to cover his pension.

I mean: I think he won't be that expensive anymore. I'm sure Bill Belichick is already putting out some feelers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why people are salivating over Freeman. The guy is done. Even if he makes a team and you have him as your last pick in your draft guaranteed to stink it up if he gets any sort of playing time. Unless a team has a bad run of injuries at rb which I know can happen there is no obvious fit on any team. Some may say Philly but would be nuts to leave Sanders or even Scott on the bench in favour of this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Cheap lotto pick, nuff said

more like a scratch ticket

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

Not sure why people are salivating over Freeman. The guy is done. Even if he makes a team and you have him as your last pick in your draft guaranteed to stink it up if he gets any sort of playing time. Unless a team has a bad run of injuries at rb which I know can happen there is no obvious fit on any team. Some may say Philly but would be nuts to leave Sanders or even Scott on the bench in favour of this guy.

Thats a little harsh, he just turned 28, put together an overall 1000 yard performance last season. stranger things have been done, ap resurrected his career after signing with washington football team

 

dont write him off so soon, especially as a cheap scratch ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

Not sure why people are salivating over Freeman. The guy is done. Even if he makes a team and you have him as your last pick in your draft guaranteed to stink it up if he gets any sort of playing time. Unless a team has a bad run of injuries at rb which I know can happen there is no obvious fit on any team. Some may say Philly but would be nuts to leave Sanders or even Scott on the bench in favour of this guy.

Sometimes situation matters more, Tampa is the perfect scenario imo. If they can support a RB2-3, which they should be able to, who has pedestrian talent then someone with a better skill set (pass catcher; i.e Freeman) in that backfield could prosper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Thats a little harsh, he just turned 28, put together an overall 1000 yard performance last season. stranger things have been done, ap resurrected his career after signing with washington football team

 

dont write him off so soon, especially as a cheap scratch ticket

Worst Rushing Yards Over Expectation of any running back in the NFL last year?  Better hope that scratch ticket is mad cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Worst Rushing Yards Over Expectation of any running back in the NFL last year?  Better hope that scratch ticket is mad cheap.

U dont make sense bro, he put together  a 1000 yard campaign last season at 27

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

U dont make sense bro, he put together  a 1000 yard campaign last season at 27

I’ll try harder to meet your “making sense with posts” standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’ll try harder to meet your “making sense with posts” standard.

Baseball is on, what are you doing in the football forum

 

freeman is the posterchild of a near free 1000 campaign rb this season, there is no preseason this year, hes an experienced vet, anybcoach can plug and play and get production, ala washington football team did with ap

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Baseball is on, what are you doing in the football forum

 

freeman is the posterchild of a near free 1000 campaign rb this season, there is no preseason this year, hes an experienced vet, anybcoach can plug and play and get production, ala washington football team did with ap

I’m just saying, according to statistics, he was a heck of a lot worse rushing than he was expected to be, based on the (very good) run-blocking performance of his O-line in ATL.  Take that for what it’s worth.

Don’t fret, I’m watching baseball as well!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I’m just saying, according to statistics, he was a heck of a lot worse rushing than he was expected to be, based on the (very good) run-blocking performance of his O-line in ATL.  Take that for what it’s worth.

Don’t fret, I’m watching baseball as well!

 

I get what ur saying, but adp speaks volumes in terms of his fantasy football value this season, ill take devonta “draft almost free”man all day long in the double digits while others are drafting elite defenses or second qbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I get what ur saying, but adp speaks volumes in terms of his fantasy football value this season, ill take devonta “draft almost free”man all day long in the double digits while others are drafting elite defenses or second qbs

Not a bad call - good depth insurance piece for free

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea hes worthy a late round snag. I told myself I was going to do just that in my draft the other day but I completely forgot and someone else scarfed him up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 12:30 AM, Savatage79 said:

Yea hes worthy a late round snag. I told myself I was going to do just that in my draft the other day but I completely forgot and someone else scarfed him up

 

He looked pretty toasted to me last year, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if he made something happen. Still, I'd rather take younger guys at RB than throw a dart at Devonta. If there's a washed out player to bet on coming back and being valuable it's AB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, aapox said:

 

He looked pretty toasted to me last year, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if he made something happen. Still, I'd rather take younger guys at RB than throw a dart at Devonta. If there's a washed out player to bet on coming back and being valuable it's AB.

Why younger guys?  The younger guys who were drafted and had to meet and learn a playbook over zoom?  And will not have a preseason to apply what they learned?  But you dont want a plug and play vet whos done it before and even knows what the superbowl feels like.

doesnt matter what team he signs for, he can come in and walk on the field with wisdom enough to make an impact right away, just like ap did with washington football team

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aapox said:

 

He looked pretty toasted to me last year, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if he made something happen. Still, I'd rather take younger guys at RB than throw a dart at Devonta. If there's a washed out player to bet on coming back and being valuable it's AB.

He had 1000 combined yards and 6 tds,  if that's toasted then just about the 2nd half of peoples rosters are toasted.  I'm not saying he's going to be vintage DF but that is still a decent stat line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He kinda needs a team to make an impact...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Why younger guys?  The younger guys who were drafted and had to meet and learn a playbook over zoom?  And will not have a preseason to apply what they learned?  But you dont want a plug and play vet whos done it before and even knows what the superbowl feels like.

doesnt matter what team he signs for, he can come in and walk on the field with wisdom enough to make an impact right away, just like ap did with washington football team


Yeah, the younger guys that teams have invested in that will still be brought along throughout the season. I don’t hate devonta freeman but it takes a lot to succeed at RB in the NFL and it just looked like he didn’t have it anymore last year, specifically running through the tackles. AP is a generational talent and physical specimen, DF is not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

He had 1000 combined yards and 6 tds,  if that's toasted then just about the 2nd half of peoples rosters are toasted.  I'm not saying he's going to be vintage DF but that is still a decent stat line


That’s a fair point, the stats were decent, but they felt really buoyed by the pass-catching. He still looked good receiving but his burst through the line looked nonexistent last year as a rusher. I’ve never thought he was a great rusher but last year he looked especially bad. I’m just not sold that he’s good anymore and I never thought he was THAT good anyways. He had two really good seasons but they were in 2015 and 2016. That’s a long time ago for a RB

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, aapox said:


That’s a fair point, the stats were decent, but they felt really buoyed by the pass-catching. He still looked good receiving but his burst through the line looked nonexistent last year as a rusher. I’ve never thought he was a great rusher but last year he looked especially bad. I’m just not sold that he’s good anymore and I never thought he was THAT good anyways. He had two really good seasons but they were in 2015 and 2016. That’s a long time ago for a RB

I agree but there are still worse players employed,  I think Falcons just were moving on from him overall.  I think on the right team he could be a decent play for a flex, but yea who knows if he will even sign but its worth a wait and see imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Hope he doesnt get signed. 

Why 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...