FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

I'd never draft him to begin with, He will siphon someone elses value regardless of where he goes Eagles downgrades Sanders Bucs RJ3 etc .at least thats how i see it.

2 minutes ago, NInsko said:

I'd never draft him to begin with, He will siphon someone elses value regardless of where he goes Eagles downgrades Sanders Bucs RJ3 etc .at least thats how i see it.

Meh that's going to far,  the kid deserves to play if he can get signed. Rbbcs are commonplace now so that's most teams.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, NInsko said:

You basically made my argument. But see it opposite as i do. 

Yea but the kid can still play,  he deserves to be somewhere 

Edited by Savatage79
  • Haha 1

Also due to his overinflated asking price. Buddy got cut and said he'd sit out till next yr if he didnt get top dollar. I see his view point but it just made me not a fan and i couldnt care less if he ever played in the league again. 

3 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Meh that's going to far,  the kid deserves to play if he can get signed. Rbbcs are commonplace now so that's most teams.

I just watched some highlights to freshen up a bit. In his good plays he certainly still showed some burst and he’s an elite pass catching option. Maybe it’s just that Atlanta has had a pretty poor rush blocking line the last couple years and he got swallowed up too often.

i think I agree with Ninsko though. I worry about him sapping someone else’s value more than having his own, but if Tampa doesn’t like what RoJo is bringing freeman could certainly be in play as a fantasy viable option in Tampa. So there’s at least one team where I could see it. I’ve changed my mind just a little bit. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, NInsko said:

Hope he doesnt get signed. 

Lol, awful post, and ive made awful posts before, hes getting signed bro, you dont let a pro bowl proven rb stay on the streets who is only 28 years old

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

8 hours ago, aapox said:

I just watched some highlights to freshen up a bit. In his good plays he certainly still showed some burst and he’s an elite pass catching option. Maybe it’s just that Atlanta has had a pretty poor rush blocking line the last couple years and he got swallowed up too often.

i think I agree with Ninsko though. I worry about him sapping someone else’s value more than having his own, but if Tampa doesn’t like what RoJo is bringing freeman could certainly be in play as a fantasy viable option in Tampa. So there’s at least one team where I could see it. I’ve changed my mind just a little bit. 

If he went to Tampa I think he'd immediately become the 1A, and likely post top 20 numbers.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Lol, awful post, and ive made awful posts before, hes getting signed bro, you dont let a pro bowl proven rb stay on the streets who is only 28 years old

Im glad i got you to lol.. Its just a opinion, I guess im just not a Freeman fan he seems to always get hurt and in the past few yrs was overvalued  because of his past success. If he was still valuable (good) why would ATL cut him for a RB with known knee problems? just seems odd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Im glad i got you to lol.. Its just a opinion, I guess im just not a Freeman fan he seems to always get hurt and in the past few yrs was overvalued  because of his past success. If he was still valuable (good) why would ATL cut him for a RB with known knee problems? just seems odd.

I just think you need to refresh your memory on his stats,  he's only missed really one season outa 6 and has averaged over 4.0 yards in most of his seasons. These sports teams make weird decisions, so you can't just always take it at face value.  Last year looked like simply an off year, but I watched a lot of Atlanta games and the line was not blocking great for freeman , and yet he still managed 1000 combined yards and 6 tds . He's only 28 and I just think is being undervalued a good bit.

I don't think Atlanta wanted to give this team to Freeman over Julio and Ryan ,he's always felt held back but still manages solid seasons

There are dozens of pro bowl running backs who were out of the league by 28.  It is a rough position and guys don't always last that long, even without injury.

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There are dozens of pro bowl running backs who were out of the league by 28.  It is a rough position and guys don't always last that long, even without injury.

True but someone will still sign him to be a number 2 in a committee I bet. He had a deal from Seattle but rejected it because he thought he could get more

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

True but someone will still sign him to be a number 2 in a committee I bet. He had a deal from Seattle but rejected it because he thought he could get more

The main question is going to be how badly he needs the money. He had a great payday in 2017, but when you're 25 it's easy enough to spend that in a hurry.

If he was smart/had a smart agent and stashed most of it away, I don't think there's a reason for him to risk his health at the vet minimum. If he spent most of it already, then all of this will have been a pretty rude awakening.

Running backs often think they are stars and teams will fight for their services long after all 32 teams have lost interest.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Running backs often think they are stars and teams will fight for their services long after all 32 teams have lost interest.

Which is why I will support any RB that decides to hold out or negotiate and get some cash now. "Next year" might as well be a different galaxy, so get your money while you can.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yeah everyone saw 28 year-old Carlos Hyde last year, who'd been pinballing from team to team get picked up by Houston and rush for 1000k coming.  

I know you laughed at my comment above, but who's going to stand in the way of Freeman seeing significant work in Tampa?  A third round rookie who's already at a severe disadvantage because of COVID?  Ronald Jones?  (lol)

You think Tom Brady's not going to want a vet who is still an above average pass catcher in the backfield with him the majority of the time?  Freeman has always been willing and capable in pass protection, despite his smaller frame.  

He's going to sign somewhere, and it may be a terrible landing spot that has little to no fantasy value.  But if he wound up in Tampa he would likely be on a lot of my teams this year.

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

who's going to stand in the way of Freeman seeing significant work in Tampa?  A third round rookie who's already at a severe disadvantage because of COVID?  Ronald Jones?  (lol)

You think Tom Brady's not going to want a vet who is still an above average pass catcher in the backfield with him the majority of the time?  Freeman has always been willing and capable in pass protection, despite his smaller frame.  

He's going to sign somewhere, and it may be a terrible landing spot that has little to no fantasy value.  But if he wound up in Tampa he would likely be on a lot of my teams this year.

+1

BTW I'm laughing less at RoJo who had a pretty decent second hlf of 2019. But Freeman in Tampa should have some value. I could also see him at the Pats, and actually I think he wouldn't be useless back in Atlanta either.

8 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Which is why I will support any RB that decides to hold out or negotiate and get some cash now. "Next year" might as well be a different galaxy, so get your money while you can.

Then why are you supporting D. Freeman in this thread, who did the opposite of following your advice?

@JoeJoe88

I was laughing at Devonta Freeman, not you.

All this speculation of how great he could be in the right landing spot is cracking me up because training camp starts tomorrow.  Teams have been working with their players all spring and summer virtually to learn playbooks and conduct their programs, and not one of the 32 NFL teams liked him enough to sign him.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Then why are you supporting D. Freeman in this thread, who did the opposite of following your advice?

What? Freeman tried to get the money he felt he could get. He failed, because clearly he overestimated himself and/or his options, but he certainly tried.

BTW I wouldn't call it "my advice". It's an option some RBs have, not something all RBs need to do. Eg Cook should smell the coffee and realise that if one side says 10M and the other one 13M, then you need to cut to the chase and take the money and run. Raheem Mostert should probably realise he doesn't hold a lot of bargaining power. I'm certainly not saying holding out is a golden bullet - it's clearly not.

But if a guy who's been running his a55 off feels that's what he needs to do: go for it. Too bad for my fantasy team, but I'll get over it.

Edited by Boudewijn

I agree players should look out for their own interests and get as much money as they can.

D. Freeman should have taken whatever Seattle offered, because what he is getting now is zip.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I agree players should look out for their own interests and get as much money as they can.

D. Freeman should have taken whatever Seattle offered, because what he is getting now is zip.

I don't agree with a lot of your post but you are 100% correct here

• Thanks 1

Yea this dude has really botched things for himself. Gonna have to wait and hope for an injury.

Freeman is gonna run WILD, its jot an if, its a when he gets signed

too bad covid is going to destroy everything, so yes, he shouldve signed with seattle

23 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Freeman is gonna run WILD, its jot an if, its a when he gets signed

too bad covid is going to destroy everything, so yes, he shouldve signed with seattle

Man dude you're pretty depressing to listen to